It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Glenn's "FireFlies"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would like for anyone with knowledge on this subject to reply; however, I would love to learn anything that I can from John Lear about this topic!

John, do you know anything about Glenn's fireflies? I saw the movie "The Right Stuff", great movie by the way, and when Glenn orbited the earth in the Friendship 7 capsule he saw the fireflies on his second orbit. From what I understand he is still amazed by them.

Also, do you believe like I do that this was a UFO encounter that Glenn experienced? He also took a picture of these fireflies. Has the pic. been relesed to the public or is it locked up in NASA's vault? I can't seem to find it on the net, as I am pretty unknowledgable about computers...lol.

Thanks in advance John, or any ATS members for any info regarding this topic!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I believe they were high energy particles...thats why he could see them with his eyes closed.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
I believe they were high energy particles...thats why he could see them with his eyes closed.

Thanks JungleLord! I don't doubt what you are saying; however, with Glenn's experience in space, I feel that high energy particles would not perplex him still to this day, like I have read.

I googled John Glenn's Fireflies, and there was an article that came up (from the Sun sentinal, I believe) about them still perplexing him. Unfortunately, the article had been removed, which is quite suspicious to me.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by BugZyZuncle]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well I read they were striking the back of his retina with his eyes closed and causing flashes. Thats what I read about that.
But there was a few NASA videos of astronauts and lights in the airlock...weird.
Not the same fireflyes...not at all.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
hmmmmm.
This is ringing all kinds of 'sounds very familiar bells' with me......and I wonder where I heard this, or read it before

I am anxious to see what Mr Lear has to tell us about this.............

top topics

join