It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Value of Gold by various civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was just curious if anyone had an explanation as to how and why many civilizations, even on other continents during ancient times valued gold. An example was when the spanish "tyrant" Hernan Cortez found the Aztec empire. Although the Americas was considered to be a new unexplored continent, the Aztecs also valued gold.

I'm wondering if at some point in the past people from the Americas communicated or even traded with other continents.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The Aztecs valued gold in a different way, not face value. As did the Incans I believe. As to why, maybe we could search back into early Western civilzations.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
A few common reasons across the ancient world.

Gold looks nice. In a world of stone, wood, maybe iron, gold stands out as not just a nice metal but THE metal since it could be panned out of streams. Aside from that is is shiney, yellow, and reflects the sun well.

Gold is easy to work with and collect. You do not need to mine or smelt gold, it is soft for a metal, easy to work with, and can be collected in pretty large quantities without smelting it from ore.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Somebody (I think it was here on ATS?) once mentionned the possibility that gold might be present everywhere, like even in other world/dimension, and that, kind of unconsciously, living beings have always valued gold. Just wanted to share, I don't really believe that, altho it's not entirely impossible.

Another note: Alchemist always attributed great value to gold, almost more then only monetary. Isn't it a little weird? Maybe they wanted to turn raw metals into gold, but for some other goals than just getting money easily.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Go too these websites and i am sure there is a link for Cortez' gold and other civilisations built on the love for gold.

ancient civilisations

Thats all the link i posted a few weeks ago...hopefully it may come in handy!

Cheers
Gryff

Ps...Requiem....is that Yma Sumac in ur avatar?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
At various points in history tobacco, cocoa and even salt were more highly sought than gold.

It wasn't long ago in America that land was a few dollars an acre...there was just so much of it! Now it's more valuable than gold.

Historically, land remains the best investment of all time.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Gold also apprently had healing properties to it. Certain asian and south American cultures believed so, at least.

DE

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is a really good book called The Key to Lost Civilizations that talks about reasons they valued gold. I believe they also used gold in some sort of religious way.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Many older cultures valued jade above gold especially in relation to religious beliefs.

I believe it is one of the theories of why Cortez was allowed to carry off the gold without a fight.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I agree with the thought that Gold has some other beneficial qualities other than just $$$$ value.

example, I can only wear gold. not that I am allergic to any other type of metal, but to me gold is "warm" it is an "earth" element and helps to keep me grounded...it feels good on my skin

btw, if you are into meditating, astral projecting, remote viewing that sort of thing, gold will ground you and hamper your abilities to achieve oobes and spiritual awareness, so remove your jewelry before practicing.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
gold is a metal. Break this metal down into its monatomic state and drink it....It is good for the body.

Do a search on White gold.

White Gold when heated to a high enough temperature disappears. If you wave a spatular through the area where it is meant to be, then cool down the oven that u were heating the white gold with....and the white gold will reappear in the exact same position it was left in before and while heating, but before the spatular went through. Meaning it simply went to another dimension.

White gold is also good for the brain, Helps with spirituality, astral travel, etc.

Gold is liek one of the best conductors on the planet i think. And also i thin kthe ancents used it alot for thier technologies, as well as silver.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For what you can do with gold try

www.ormus.ws...

A good all round read with specific methods for ingesting gold and some reasons for doing so.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
gold is a metal. Break this metal down into its monatomic state and drink it....It is good for the body.

Do a search on White gold.

White Gold when heated to a high enough temperature disappears. If you wave a spatular through the area where it is meant to be, then cool down the oven that u were heating the white gold with....and the white gold will reappear in the exact same position it was left in before and while heating, but before the spatular went through. Meaning it simply went to another dimension.

White gold is also good for the brain, Helps with spirituality, astral travel, etc.

Gold is liek one of the best conductors on the planet i think. And also i thin kthe ancents used it alot for thier technologies, as well as silver.

wow...I find that thing you said about heating up white gold very interesting...do you have any links to that?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Goldshlager is the best example that I can think of for pro's of ingesting gold. I believe that it allows for the alcohol to run more into the bloodstream, or something like that, but the main point is that you get drunk alot faster, especially if you like cinnamon schnaps.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not only is gold beatiful and good to work with, but it stays that way. Unlike silver and a host of other metals it will not tarnish or rust.

As stated it is also a fabulus conductor of electricity and heat (but does have a low melting point).

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe the ancient civilizations valued gold because they could've made jewlery and it was soft metal so they could make coins for money out of it, or because it was shiny

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by AD5673]

new topics

top topics

join