It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L--E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the idea of love, or even sincere fondness for that matter, I can dig. My ,as of recent, decision to respect women demands I at least entertain the thought of devotion. I try to see women as more then just sex, but if I love sex, then why isn't that love in itself? Now don't get me wrong, I have loved women and I will continue to do so, but I only love them as much as I sleep with them, it is the willingness of both parts which dictates the intensity. I have loved women for their beautiful bodies, but not their beautiful minds. For their selection in lingerie, not in reading material. My broken hearts have only been the regret of my not taking action. I do not miss the women who never wanted me, only the one's who did and I let go. But how could I not? There's only two things i'm good for,a # and a laugh. These aren't despairing comments, just open observations.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
First of all... focus on growing up.

It's a long process and I'm glad you're looking into it.

[edit on 15/5/07 by SteveR]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Biotic, what most women want (and there are always the exception) is a man who loves them, treats them well, doesn't cheat (at least so that they suspect or find out -- affairs of the heart hurt worse than one night stands), who is tender, good hearted, affectionate. A sense of humor is good, as is talent in bed, but that is not the be-all and end-all of female relationships.

I've never been with a guy that fits that particular suit, so I think they may be rather hard to come by -- the good ones already taken, as it were.

We want someone who treats us with respect and dignity, and when they're with us at least, to act faithful.

Dunno if this helps you or not, but maybe it's information you can use.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
First of all... focus on growing up.

It's a long process and I'm glad you're looking into it.

[edit on 15/5/07 by SteveR]

Can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

If it was, completely uncalled for. Or maybe I'm just a grump, you choose.

If it wasn't, sorry for jumping to conclusions but it sounded awfuly sarcastic.

And for the record, I'm working on it.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by biotic]

[edit on 15-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Biotic, what most women want (and there are always the exception) is a man who loves them, treats them well, doesn't cheat (at least so that they suspect or find out -- affairs of the heart hurt worse than one night stands), who is tender, good hearted, affectionate. A sense of humor is good, as is talent in bed, but that is not the be-all and end-all of female relationships.

I would never cheat on someone I have commited to. Ever. Never have never will. I'm still having problems with everything else tho... It's a work in progress but I think I've progressed rather quickly in the past year.

I've never been with a guy that fits that particular suit, so I think they may be rather hard to come by -- the good ones already taken, as it were.
I'm going to try and put one more guy that fits that suit on the market.

We want someone who treats us with respect and dignity, and when they're with us at least, to act faithful.

And why wouldn't you?

Dunno if this helps you or not, but maybe it's information you can use.

MM your responces are ALWAYS apreciated. Thank you so much.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not sure of your age, but I will say that young men obviously have a more difficult time being devoted to one woman .The fact that you recognize what most women want and try to adapt yourself somewhat to fit that is good.However don't ever go for a complete presonality shift just to impress someone.It doesn't sound to me like you would do that though.Now I'm not usually one to judge, but from your posts here on ATS/BTS you sound intelligent, good sense of humour, and willing to improve areas of your life in which you feel the need( alot of men would not).I think you just haven't found the women who brings out all the right qualities in you.Contrary to popular belief there as just as many women who view guys the way you described above. Thats not the kind for you. Nor the kind who is clingy and needy as it sounds like you prefer to have time to be in your own space.Damn Biotic- you made me sound like an analyst.Any way hope this is good advice for you.Keep looking for miss right instead of miss right now.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Not sure of your age,
Im turning 20 on the 29th.

but I will say that young men obviously have a more difficult time being devoted to one woman
Never really seemed to be a problem for me... I have trouble with just about every other aspect of a relationship tho.

The fact that you recognize what most women want and try to adapt yourself somewhat to fit that is good.However don't ever go for a complete presonality shift just to impress someone.

No, of course not. I am who I am and if you don't like me for who I am you can go.. I'm always willing to change for a women.. to an extent.. its when I'm pushed even further.. That's when things go down hill.

It doesn't sound to me like you would do that though

Now I'm not usually one to judge, but from your posts here on ATS/BTS you sound intelligent, good sense of humour, and willing to improve areas of your life in which you feel the need( alot of men would not).

Why thank you! I try and do what I can, for some people it just dosn't seem to be enough. I know where i need to improve as a person and I'm workin on it. I'm seeing a lot of improvement as well.

I think you just haven't found the women who brings out all the right qualities in you.Contrary to popular belief there as just as many women who view guys the way you described above. Thats not the kind for you. Nor the kind who is clingy and needy as it sounds like you prefer to have time to be in your own space.

Na I don't think I have found the right women yet either.. well maybe I have.. but that's not for right now. (
)

Yes I prefer the happy medium just as you described, tho I often get caught up with girls that are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum. For instance I have dated a girl that was to clingy, I couldn't handle it! I've also dated a girl who was the exact opposite, only wanted me around when she wanted me around and thats not cool to me. I need to find someone right there in the middle, isn't that like the dream relationship tho?

Damn Biotic- you made me sound like an analyst.Any way hope this is good advice for you.Keep looking for miss right instead of miss right now.
Good, thats why I post here.. so people like you can analyze my thoughts for me, haha. Miss right instead of miss right now.. I like that. THanks for the advice AD, appreciate it a great deal.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
double post. ARGGGGGGG!!!!!
:bnghd:

[edit on 16-5-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Congratulations on your choice to view women as something more than sex objects, something most young men never do.

In the mean time, I will keep enjoying making "sexy time" with the ladies

[edit on 16-5-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Haha, thank you..

and more power to you! As long as you dont fall for any of those "sex objects" out there you should be fine.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You're 20 OMG!! Don't even think about growing up, just yet. Enjoy it. Get out there and enjoy it. (Safely)

See the world and sleep with it. (Safely)

When you find "the one" you'll know, so until then. Get it on morning, noon and night. (Safely)

Sow thy oats young man. (Safely)

Be good to the ladies, oh yes be good, real good. (Safely)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
im not the one to sleep with someone i dont have feelings for and if i did sleep with someone i had feelings for i have a feeling i would catch feelings for them.. you know?

[edit on 17-5-2007 by biotic]

top topics

join