It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange thing emerging from trees ? I have no idea...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I hope this has not been posted recently, I have tried to keep up with the threads here, but if it has, please point me there and close this.

I don't know what this could be, but came across it from another forum, and it doesn't appear cgi. At least, not obvious.

However, it may very well be something mundane - just weird.

This Silvery thing

Any opinions as to what it may be ? It seems very motionless for the first 1:40 or so, but then just head off at a constant speed. It does seem to cast a shadow and I cant see any wind movement.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I don't know what this could be, but came across it from another forum, and it doesn't appear cgi. At least, not obvious.

Balloons.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That is freaky looking. If go's into the sky like balloons though, But still freaky looking.

That’s all I can say, Do you know when and where this was?

Mikey.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Mikey84]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think balloons too.
nice effect though.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
if i'd have to take a guess, i would say balloons. i can't think of anything else that it would be.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
That is freaky looking. If go's into the sky like balloons though, But still freaky looking.

Mikey.

Unfortunately I don't, all I saw was the title and the url, and there were no other comments for it, which is why I posted it here, where I was hoping to get comments..

I too did consider balloons, and after posting, I watched again.. Possibly a setup, because there is no reason for it to take off after near 2 minutes as far as I could tell..

Cheers tho, seems to have given the people recording/viewing it something to get excited over tho !!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Looks like a bundle of balloons to me, but there is already a thread about this video...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Weird. How did they spot that? Why does that look like it's during a live news broadcast? It kinda takes the shape of somebody crawling or maybe even a raccoon walking away. I'd guess mylar balloons too, if not a weather balloon.

edit add: Then it takes on the shape of those homonids people are seeing...

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Quasar]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Haha
OMG.. why are they getting so excited over a bundle of mylar balloons rising into the air? I saw this a few months ago and had to crack up.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Mikey.

It is in north east Turkey, the city called Rize. This video is a cult on youtube with many viewers

They are balloons if you ask me.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by manastin]

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

This seems a LOT of ballons.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No wait, i'm sorry, i changed my mind. Its cleary CGI.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
oooohhh, look at the silver ballloons.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Mikey.

Unfortunately I don't, all I saw was the title and the url, and there were no other comments for it, which is why I posted it here, where I was hoping to get comments..

I too did consider balloons, and after posting, I watched again.. Possibly a setup, because there is no reason for it to take off after near 2 minutes as far as I could tell..

Cheers tho, seems to have given the people recording/viewing it something to get excited over tho !!

Even though the Portugese (or Brazilian) website you got the video from has a 2007 date, I remember discussing this many years ago and no one was able to explain it satisfactorily, almost all agreeing that it was balloons. But that's not necessarily the only or plausible explanation. It is an unknown object.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
No wait, i'm sorry, i changed my mind. Its cleary CGI.

You need glasses. This was video'ed before CGI came around, possibly early '90s.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Heck, the most amazing part is not the balloon looking thing,
I like to know how the camera guy originally found it in the woods from so far away?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Looks like this thing on c2c pictures...

I was thinking as I saw the video earlier what if these are connected to all of those holes appearing worldwide? What if these odd craft or whatever they are are all coming out now? what if the skies fill with them?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Right, balloons!

It is a mass of balloons. Notice that the sunlight seems to brighten as the video progresses. That warms up the air or helium in the balloons caught in the trees and they break loose and start rising upward along the incline of the mountain. Probably, with the warming air there was also an increase in the breeze up the side of the mountain. which contributed to the freeing of the balloons.

top topics

join