It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obesity is becoming like smoking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I went out shopping today and bought myself a box of Cadburys Chocolate fingers. I started to eat them and noticed that the box read "One may lead to another". I then started thinking about how this not only implies that they are addictive but this also takes away any guilt a person might have about eating another, then another and another etc. It then dawned on me that this is not the only company that does this, for instance Pringles slogan is "Once you pop you just can't stop" which gives the same message. Can things like this not be linked to what happened with cigarettes when it actually became a health problem and frowned upon, they started gettin banned from advertising, public places and used in films. Why is it that this is not happening with food, in a society where obesity is becoming more of a problem, especially with children. For me this is a very similar case but not much seems to be done about it, yes the companies can argue they are fine when eaten as part of a healthy diet but they know full well that isn't going to happen, it will only get wosre with the only people left smiling are all the money grabbing capitalist companies. Measures need to be taken against this health problem or we are going to end up killing ourselves off. This is evolution working against us but it is in our hands alone.

join