It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensegrity Structures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I study tensegrity structures and I thought this was an interesting option on a tensegrity structure.
I hope you find this interesting and it gives you something to thing about.

www.wirednews.com...

What if buildings could function like living systems, altering their shapes in response to changing weather conditions or the way people use them?

[edit on 15-5-2007 by junglelord]

[edit on 29-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
All I have to say is....

What a bunch of bloody no good thieves!! This is not their idea nor did they source the inspiration for the entire tensegrity movement. Robert buckminster fuller concieved tensegrity and built the concept out of whole cloth. And here come these people who don't even deign to mention his influence, although I can see why as they have perverted his ideas into one more consumerist product to be packaged and sold.

Ack I give up, people keep allowing themselves to be sucked in by the pretty packaging.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Buckminster Fuller was a Teacher of one of my Teachers, Tom Myers of Anatomy Trains fame
I am a second generation student of Bucky

PS I am sure all engineers know who reinvented Gods biological geometry...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I love this idea. JungleLord, do you know of anything having to do with buildings that could build more buildings. Another idea I,ve had is building surfaceswhich could support plant life which provided the structure with power through elctro-photosythesis. Just a few ideas.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know that nano tube (bucky tubes) technology can repair itself but not sure about build itself.

Buckyballs are made of nanocomponents (60 Carbon Molecules) of a tensegrity structure like a soccor ball.
Maybe they could fit the bill but what would cause it to do that?

I like the photosynthesis idea and I believe they have done some new things with the energy that a chlorplast develops into sugar from sunlight.

I would imagine that the internal structure of a chlorplast would be a tensegrity design as a tree is. I know trees can grow themselfs

thats the best I can comeup with as far as tensegrity structures that reproduced as buildings....that is if your a racoon.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by junglelord]

top topics

join