It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've always wondered...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've always wondered, while watching any sci-fi movies, how close the movie actually came to depicting real alien life that may really exist somewhere in the Universe. I'm just curious.... but what movies do you think has the "Aliens" that you think are closest to depicting actual alien life throughout the Universe?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Alien, ofcourse.
Except more saliva and gooey stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, for what it's worth, the 50's movies set in the distant future of 1988!!!
were way off.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Star Wars!! Seems like a good choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
hmmm...probably Alien as far as thinking what aliens might look like. I think Close Encouters of the 3rd Kind was cool though because of the amount of communication that went on between humans and aliens.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It has to be Aliens.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I kinda though the sci-fi mini-series Taken had some interesting similarities.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think more often than not our perceptions of Aliens and UFOs is influenced by Hollywood's interpretation, and not the other way around.

I can't tell you how many conspiracy theories, government agencies, and similar scenarios I've read about from people on this site that were mentioned and developed in the X-Files nearly 10 years ago, long before anyone ever took them "seriously". Some of the things I've read here are nearly verbatim some of the plot of the X-Files movie.
A great show, to be sure, but I think some get a little carried away about what is fantasy and what isn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
I kinda though the sci-fi mini-series Taken had some interesting similarities.

My wife and I will be watching volume 4 tonight. So far it has been an interesting series. When I think of what life forms might be out there, I think of the typical Grey. Of course, that's all the media's fault as I've never seen one "in the flesh". Well, if I have, I don't remember.

What about those gaseous entities on the old Star Treks?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would have to go with star wars. The part where they go into that bar and theres a series of alien entities, now thats what real aliens are like (:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
if you believe the universe is infinite, which i do, then every depiction of an alien is equally accurate because in an infinite universe everything is a possibility, and at some point, every possibility is (at least potentially)a reality

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the first aleins we will find will probalily be microscopic

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
very true. because the ratio of microscopic organisms to all others on earth is so huge, we are almost positive that our first glimpse of alien life will be

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
aliens were engineered by humans!

predators are more like it!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
but what movies do you think has the "Aliens" that you think are closest to depicting actual alien life throughout the Universe?
I think that the X-Files programs come close to the actual reality of alien life on our planet. I think this because the X-Files are associated with the FBI, which means that government knows and interacts with alien life forms.

The X-Files really brought the attention of the massess of people to the realities of government conspiracies and alien interaction.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I personally lean more towards Star Trek, post original series (Where were the Klingons ridges?!
)

It depicts aliens across a full spectrum of types, from silicon based lifeforms living in space (the crystaline entity) to organisms with a hive-like mentality (the Borg (On a side note, I was always bothered that the Borg never assimilated a non-humanoid species...)).

They had all different kinds of governments, and they all looked different. Although I don't think they nailed the future of humanity very well, I think they did do a good job of guessing why xenobiology could be like.

I also think Babylon 5 did a good job of the xenobiology, too. It also had a more accurate picture of what humans would be like in the future.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am an abductee. In my experience, I have seen mostly Greys....with clothes ON. (jumpsuits) I have occasionally seen "human aliens" like myself. I have seen an alien ONCE that looked like the ET on the "Communion" book cover. "Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind" and "The X-Files" are the closest in depicting ETs. However, I have NOT met any that were nasty or hostile.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
if you believe the universe is infinite, which i do, then every depiction of an alien is equally accurate because in an infinite universe everything is a possibility, and at some point, every possibility is (at least potentially)a reality

i think u have a HUGE point. What u say makes complete sense to me! that is a big deal come to think about it, I'm always confused!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I've always wondered, while watching any sci-fi movies, how close the movie actually came to depicting real alien life that may really exist somewhere in the Universe. I'm just curious.... but what movies do you think has the "Aliens" that you think are closest to depicting actual alien life throughout the Universe?

Babylon 5 seems to fit the bill, as I believe that there are nearly as many different types of �Alien� life out there, just take a look at the life on this planet. The �Ruling� race of animals, US have got a number of different verities to us haven�t we so just think of the verity out there.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, it's rumored that during a White House screening of Speilberg's "E.T.", that Ronnie leaned over to Steven and softly said, "Only a handful of people outside this room know how true to life this is..." (or something to that effect, as overheard by an aide...)

Kind of puts things into perspective when also considering his speech to the League of Nations, when he spoke of how small our differences would be, if faced with an extraterrestrial threat.....

top topics

join