It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists cure cancer, but no one takes notice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard of this or read about this anywhere?

Scientists may have cured cancer last week.

Yep.

So, why haven't the media picked up on it?

Here's the deal. Researchers at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada found a cheap and easy to produce drug that kills almost all cancers. The drug is dichloroacetate, and since it is already used to treat metabolic disorders, we know it should be no problem to use it for other purposes.

Doesn't this sound like the kind of news you see on the front page of every paper?

The drug also has no patent, which means it could be produced for bargain basement prices in comparison to what drug companies research and develop.

Scientists tested DCA on human cells cultured outside the body where it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells, but left healthy cells alone. Rats plump with tumors shrank when they were fed water supplemented with DCA.

Link to Article

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote.

[edit on 15/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The article states my opinion towards the end, pharmeucitical companies want to keep us on a drug diet, and as sick as possible without dieing. Billions on research over decades, I have no doubt in my mind that there have been cures for diabetes, and various cancers. We are their their profits literally.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Indeed. I have always been amused how many of the drugs on the market create more problems than they "cure." They make the problem and sell the solution. Great business to be in.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am a medical professional.
The medical community is very biased and narrow minded...and divided.
I know this story and if I get cancer I will take this drug ASAP
I don't need a doctor.
I have a brain.
Its sad to say I know things (Tensional Release Therapy) that would revolutionize the chronic pain industry...
thats the way it is...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Come on now, there's no proof, yet that cancer has been "cured".
I found the wikipedia article to be especially informative:

The New Scientist later editorialized, "The drug may yet live up to its promise as an anti-cancer agent - clinical trials are expected to start soon. It may even spawn an entirely new class of anti-cancer drugs. For now, however, it remains experimental, never yet properly tested in a person with cancer. People who self-administer the drug are taking a very long shot and, unlikely as it may sound, could even make their health worse."[14] (emphasis mine)

The historical likelihood that a promising agent in pre-clinical (i.e., cell-line killing) experiments will become an effective human cancer drug is 5%,[citation needed] and the likelihood of an FDA approval for any given drug entering Phase I testing is reportedly 8-11%.[15][16] As of April 2007, DCA has passed phase 1 trials and can enter directly phase 2 trials in patients with cancer[citation needed].

en.wikipedia.org...

Well they're past Phase I, that's good. But I believe the supposedly miraculous results when I see them.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Doctors warned of potential problems if people attempt to try DCA outside a controlled clinical trial. "If it starts going badly, who is following you before it gets out of control? By the time you realize your liver is failing, you're in big trouble," said Laura Shanner, Associate professor of health ethics at the University of Alberta.[25]

Sounds scary for someone who is not medically trained to use it.
I wish they would test and produce this drug if it is truly useful for the fight against cancer. To be honest I just don't see the drug company's doing this.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
en.wikipedia.org...

Doctors warned of potential problems if people attempt to try DCA outside a controlled clinical trial. "If it starts going badly, who is following you before it gets out of control? By the time you realize your liver is failing, you're in big trouble," said Laura Shanner, Associate professor of health ethics at the University of Alberta.[25]

I wish they would test and produce this drug if it is truly useful for the fight against cancer. To be honest I just don't see the drug company's doing this.

Digi, if you read the rest of the article you'll find that clinical trials are beginning, and while the drug companies most likely will not be funding this drug, there are lots of nonprofit agencies that most likely will.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

en.wikipedia.org...

Digi, if you read the rest of the article you'll find that clinical trials are beginning, and while the drug companies most likely will not be funding this drug, there are lots of nonprofit agencies that most likely will.

Yeah but what are the chances that the drug will be available to the public and widely used after these nonprofit agencies finish testing? Ive not heard of a widely used on the market drug that was funded by nonprofit agency have you?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
There are at least a dozen legitimate cancer cures.

You will forget this one soon, too.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
having bought steroids on the black market....like sylvester stelone (caught in australia with GH and Test)
I am buying mine now...while the gettings good.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If rats can survive I'm sure I'll be just fine. The worst that could happen is that you might get sick and die, like you would have anyway. The best that could happen is you are cured of cancer and live a healthy life. Gee, let me think......

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Now does this stop cancer in all phases or just the beginning phases.. anyone heard anything like that? Did I miss it on this thread?

I'm thinking, If i ever get to the final stages of cancer and this stuff works at any point.. then I think it's worth trying. At that point your dead already, so all your doing is just making it happen faster, in the worse case scenario.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Cancer can be cured 100% from all stages, even stage 4. Check CureZone for more information. Site is big and hard to navigate at first, so just ask if you are not sure. Best therapy is with Vitamin B-17 and Rife machines. Cancer was cured 80 years ago already. I will make a website about all this soon too.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Cancer can be cured 100% from all stages, Cancer was cured 80 years ago already. I will make a website about all this soon too.

I can't wait to see that, you read my mind, and you should list all the ways that it has been alleged to cure.

Which ones work best

Costs?

That would be WATS

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Costs are low except or Rife machines which are also prone to errors from amateurs, but there are some clinics which use them, in Mexico since FDA can persecute you for curing people of cancer in USA. Imagine that, they want you to die slowly and get as much money as possible.

I need to do one website before that and then i will work on alternative cures website and few others.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Scary? Die a miserable painful death of cancer vs try a new drug that with a little caution can save your life>

Hmmmmm

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Glutathione, a naturally-occuring substance in avocadoes, is also known to kill AIDS in a test tube. Don't know if they ever got around to trying it in clinical testing, though.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've heard there are over 300 natural cancer remedies known all of which are superior to chemo and radiation therapy.

Many of these natural remedies can be combined with traditional therapy without danger, but of course things that exsist naturally in nature cannot be patented so big pharmacy isn't interested.

The basic underlying cause of cancer is a weakened immune system, high acidity levels and poor oxygenation. Chemo and radiation actually weakens the immune system. Our bodies create cancer cells everyday but our immune system is able to deal with this normally.

I'm not medicaly trained, I've been researching cancer fo the last six months because my dog currently has cancer. I started him on immuno modulation therapy, including beta glucan, zeolite powder and cellular zeolite, medicine man tea as well as things like flaxseed oil, fish oil, and a diet that includes many basic herbs etc.. I intend to get some other suppliments as well that i've recently researched.

He has had an incredible response, he had a large visible tumour which now has completely disapeared and is playfull and happy.

I'd heard about dichloroacetate before and was initially excited, until I found that some trials on dogs showed adverse effects and even death.

Like many people, I have lost loved ones before to cancer not just pets, I'm all too aware of what it's like to go through something like this.

Cancer Fighting Strategies
Health Sciences Institute

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You know I was going to do a post like this on Saturday but decided not to as there was already a few threads on the issue.

Regardless, you're getting a flag as this is important and people need to be aware of and remember this one for sure.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Being a student of biochemistry; I certainly would'nt put dichloracetate into my body... O_o

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join