It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
Jesus told us he would return to claim his children, just before the tribulation.

That's where you run into problems. Try and find an exact scripture where Jesus said he would rapture his followers before the Tribulation period. I don't think you can find one. There is some support for a mid-Tribulation rapture, but it is quite possible that the entire thing happens at the end of the Tribulation period.

As mentioned in this Wikipedia article, Paul told the Thesselonians that Jesus wouldn't come back until after "The man of sin has been revealed". To me this sounds more like something that would happen after the AntiChrist proclaims that he is god, thus revealing his true nature.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

[edit on 15-5-2007 by dbates]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

How can some of you claim the rapture is not Biblical?
Jesus told us he would return to claim his children, just before the tribulation.
Jesus gave us the idea of a rapture where he would save the true Christians. What is the debate here?

Well now the debate is who would you rather take religious advice from?

Metallica or Megadeath?

I'm going with Metallica!!!

Sorry mods, couldn't resist!! Oh the Irony

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Eschatology is the study of bible prophecy.
Its so easy to mix and mismatch prophecy without a clear definition of the church vs Israel.
the result is muddy water
read Things to Come by Dwight Pentecost.
it gives all sides to every thing...you decide in the end
there are so many different groups of mindset...
the key is Israel and the Seven Holy Festivales.
do not mix and mismatch what is only for Israel for the chruch and vica versa.
almost everyone does....
hence the muddy water
Eschatology by dwight pentecost....dividing correctly the Word of God.
and thats the Word

[edit on 15-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Another day, another date... hmm, where do I sign up? I've got 2 days left and I don't want to miss it.

It is really hilarious (no offense to the OP), that people try to pin the d-day/rapture/invasion/etc. date... just like a blind-folded person tries to pin the tail on a donkey...

Good luck...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi/

Ignoring the rest of you religious mumbo-jumbo, your dead wrong on the above.

I think you'll find we called the day's of the week their names long before Christianity came about...

Honestly....

Long before, yes!
It was so long ago, that I can't remember that far!
I'm not that old!

Honestly....

Let's see, what language was used before Christianity?
You may be partially correct and not!

The only thing we seem to know for certain about the origin of the 7-day week is that we know nothing for certain.

Quote, Link is the same below.....
Depending what Country....
Many named the days.....giving the days a numerical figure..

Except for the sabbath, Jews simply number their week days....
T

week days origin?

as for the religious mumbo jumbo?
I say Deny Ignorance!

IX
helen

[edit on 5/15/2007 by helen670]
EDIT.....fixing the quotes!.......

[edit on 5/15/2007 by helen670]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Not that this has anything to do with the subject, but....

Falwell in 'Gravely Serious' Condition

The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition Tuesday after being found unconscious in his office Tuesday, a Liberty University executive said.

Spooky coincidence? Odd, but I guess it had to happen eventually. As long as we don't see a note where he was scribbling a date while he passed out I'm sure we'll all be just fine.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
May 17, 2007 or even few hours before May 17 can be possible rapture date. May 17 is Ascension day and also very important date for Israel, it's exactly one Biblical generation after they captured Jerusalem. Check this link for more information.

FIRST, Thursday, May 17 will be Ascension Day, observing the day Jesus rose into heaven.

SECOND, Wednesday, May 16 (overlapping May 17), will be Iyyar 28 on the Jewish calender.

They didn't really go all out on their theory...
the 'Week' (final 70th week?) is a condensed version of the period to follow
which will be detemined to be the great tribulation.

the Week in question which has Wednesday the 16th as a 40th year mirror
of the Iyyar28 control of jerusalem...and the Thursday the 17th as a 40th day & the 1975th year mirror of the Ascension/rapture...

the Week (13 May- 19 May) began on Sunday the 13th aka MothersDay
which was also the 90th year mirror of the Lady of Fatima visitation
when the great sign of a dazzling, spinning sun was witnessed by 10s of thousands in Portugal.

the Week ends on Saturday the 19th which is the western worlds
'Armed Forces Day'...in between there was Odins-day & Thors-days
which had symbolic significance...
the Monday-Tuesday-Friday of this 13-19 May, forshadowing Week
also have a prophetic mirror signifigance, but all that info would deserve a page or two of explainations to interweave the apocalyptic prophecy.
~ the Sanhedrin factor in, along with 3rd Temple stuff, etc~

the OP page linked is interesting but all too brief.
thanks

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Yeah, right. So all the evangelical, genocide loving maniacs will suddenly float off to heaven.... Does it not occur to anyone how daft that sounds? All of a sudden being whisked off to heaven, even if your in the middle of breakfast or "on the job"?

Why is the June 7th 1967 such a prophetic day? What is the significance of May 17th?

Here's another prophetic date for you, May 18th. My birthday. Looking good so far if all the Christians have buggered off.

They can take all the Muslims and Hindus off too, in fact ALL religeons including Scietology...

Its time humanity moved forward from magical hocus pocus.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
what makes Israelis so special over everyone else?

Nothing. All life is equal and has a purpose. Sapiency is not a gift, but a trade. Sapiency gives us enlightenment, but we are also given the duty to protect the world for all life.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Thats in the Bible.

back at you.

Ya'll have misinterpreted it. It's just that simple.
Go back and read the links I provided.

How can some of you claim the rapture is not Biblical?

How can you claim it is?

It's NOT in the bible. Period. It is impossible. I have already provided
the links that discuss this over and over and over. Everything from that
1 Thess quote above ... to others. Go read the links provided.

There is no rapture in scripture. No get out of tribulaton free card.
That's made up theology by Nelson Darby.

[edit on 5/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What really is there to worry about? We are who we are, who we've been.
We have a chance to see the outcome in two days? Well, let it be.

LORDY, HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS.

What's the difference between being caught up and being called up?

I don't think God wants us crawling, begging for our lives.

And if he does, tough! I do not fear my God, I love him.

My conscience will continue on, becoming pure energy.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Does anyone else think this one was a little biased?

This is literally the 1st thing weve ever agreed on, I was waiting for her to deny the fact that Bushs decision are influenced by these people.

Its a scary thing and something hardly anyone knows about.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What you literalists fail to understand is that during the time that the Bible was composed, allegory and metaphor were the rule of thumb for most if not all religious and spiritual writings... large sections were not meant to be taken literally. They understood that if God's word was infinite, it had an infinite number of meanings. Besides that fact there is a consensus among Biblical scholars that the various things referred to in Revelations were pretaining to that specific time and place and were never meant to be taken as some sort of universal prophesy.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Tens years of debate in english is worth one year of study in Hebrew.
Do any of you who are anti rapture capable of reading hebrew?
You need to understand the old testament to understand the new.
So a year of Greek is important next.
then come talk to me about Eschatology after you study that too
then we will talk about bible studies.

One simple question?
Do you seperate the Church from Israel?
If so how?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love these type of threads. They reach a dozen pages of debating and everyone knows that it's all been done before and nothing ever happens on the supposed day of the event.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Impreza]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Your so right. I thought I knew exactly what was gonna happen.
Sure I predicted the fall of the Wall, the fall of Russia, the creation of the EU...well people I studied who studied prophecy did, and they were right.
by in large it was the pretrib movement so they are not that stupid and ovbiously understand modern events and prophecy to some degree
Is the rapture gonna occur in our lifetime?
We do not know....I used to think so....now I am not so sure.

I am sure the Rapture is on the feast of trumpets

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Summary of reasons why Christians expect to see the rapture happen on the
Feast of Trumpets / Rosh Hashanna
1. All the Spring Feasts were fulfilled at Christ's first coming, and on the exact day of the feast. All the Fall Feasts picture the second advent, and the Feast of Trumpets is the first of the fall feasts, picturing the rapture.
2. The Feast of Trumpets is when the "last trump" of the rapture of 1 Cor 15 is blown.
3. The Feast of Trumpets is known as the Wedding of the Messiah, and the Church is the Bride of Christ, and the rapture is when the Church is caught up to heaven to be wed with Christ.
4. The Feast of Trumpets happens on the "new moon", which is 29.5 days after the last one, meaning it might occur on the 29th or 30th day, nobody knows for sure. "Of that day or hour no man knows" is an expression referring to this feast, and thus, the rapture.
5. "Of that day or hour no man knows, but my Father only" is an expression used by a groom when asked when his wedding will be. He says this because it is his Father that will tell him when his preparations on the bridal chamber are completed and it is time. Again, the wedding pictures the rapture.
6. The "Open Door" of the rapture in Matt 25, and Rev 3, & Rev 4:1 is a symbol of the Feast of Trumpets. [Ezek 46:1] "Thus says the Lord GOD: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days; but on the sabbath day it shall be opened and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
7. We are told that the new moon and the Feasts of the Lord are a shadow of things to come in Col 2:16,17. Since the Feast of Trumpets is the only Feast of the Lord that falls on a new moon, we should take particular note.
8. There are seven days of awe in between the Feast of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement. These picture the seven years of tribulation. Atonement pictures Satan being defeated and cast away at the end of tribulaion. If you add the two day Trumpets feast, and the day of atonement, the 7 days of awe are "ten days of tribulation" which might be referred to in Rev. 2:10.
9. In the Jewish Wedding, a marriage takes place over a period of time known as the "bridal week". During the bridal week, the groom and bride have sex in the bridal chamber. At the end of the week, there is a marriage supper. Compare Judges 14, Rev. 19, and Gen. Genesis 29:22-28 This bridal week will be the tribulation week on earth, while the bride of Christ is in heaven.
10. In the Jewish Wedding, the groom comes for his bride "like a thief in the night" to take (size / rapture) her away and into the bridal chamber for the bridal week at his father's house.
11. The Feast of Trumpets is also known as the coronation of the Messiah, when he will start reigning as king, thus the beginning of the "Day of the Lord", which includes the tribulation.
12. It is also time for the bema judgment, or the judgement of the works of the righteous, and judgement must begin at the house of the Lord.
[2Cor 11:2] For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rapture parallels with the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh HaShana)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord

I am sure the Rapture is on the feast of trumpets

If thats the case then we would know the day ,but not the hour...but we shouldnt be able to know either..so your theory doesnt work.

your trying to telling us it will happen on Rosh Hasanna....so then what..will it be the 13th of septemeber? how can we know the day when jesus said we couldnt.

the detonator is only predicting..a time frame,not a exact day...there is know way he/she could know..detonator is just making a HIGHLY educated guess..and truely could be being guided by the HOLY spirit.

I think detonator may be closer to the truth then you are..just my opinion.

I firmly believe that Jesus is coming with the Holy Angels(the Annunaki)

there coming with the Planet X (planet of the CROSSing)

..no coincidence jesus died on a CROSS

the Annunaki dont even know the day they are coming. only jesus, who is with them knows the day because he is the closest being to the UNIVERSE aka GOD..the FATHER.

the Annunaki will rapture the BELIEVERS at the coming of christ...everyone will be lifted in spiritual bodies(OBE)..and gathered to the Kingdom of Heaven aka Planet X..the Annunaki MotherShip.

its may seem complicated but its really not.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Jesus was referring to the Second Coming, not the Rapture.
Again a perfect example of mixing prophecy and making muddy water when if you would divide the prophecys properly you would see the Second Coming is for the Jews, The Rapture is for the Church, the Second Coming no one knows the day or hour, not true for the Rapture....its the Feast of Trumpets.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Jesus was referring to the Second Coming, not the Rapture.
Again a perfect example of mixing prophecy and making muddy water when if you would divide the prophecys properly you would see the Second Coming is for the Jews, The Rapture is for the Church, the Second Coming no one knows the day or hour, not true for the Rapture....its the Feast of Trumpets.

I will prove to you that the rapture will occur at the same time Jesus and the Annunaki come...

check it out...

Rev chapter 6 says..

12: When he(jesus) opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood,
13: and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale;
14: the sky vanished like a scroll that is rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15: Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the generals and the rich and the strong, and every one, slave and free, hid in the caves(buildings) and among the rocks of the mountains(more buildings),
16: calling to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him(Anu) who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb(Jesus the Christ);
17: for the great day of their(the annunaki & jesus) wrath has come, and who can stand before it?"(only the BELIEVERS can stand)

so what you should understand is that when the Planet X comes it will cause all types of things to occur,and people will panic..just like such an event would make them do if it occured..WHICH IT WILL...and SOON.

The Annunaki have a king who is also our Lord,The Holy One of Israel.He goes by many names such as Anu,Allah,Jah,Jehovah,Yahweh,Adonai..you get the point.He is the MOST HIGH...THE KING.

Jesus is a CHRIST...but not the only..the bible even says he follows in the order of Melchizzadek(sorry)...and Mel was a Immortal.Just like jesus is now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join