It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by grover
I rarely agree with flyersfan but she is right on the money on this one.

I'm going to FRAME that!

Anyways grover .. this is actually the SECOND time we have agreed on something today. I agreed with your post about the cancer vaccine

Originally posted by junglelord
no evidence it was disproved only discussed.

It was completely disproven .. and it was disproven using the bible.
Go read again. I KNOW you didn't read the entire thread.

HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END WILL BE SAVED.

Jesus Prayed – ‘I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that
you keep them from the evil one’ – John 17:15

Those who ‘suffer with Him (for His sake) through the terrors of the last
days will at that time ‘also be glorified with Him’ (Romans 8:17)

the one ‘who endures to the end will be saved”
(Matthew 24:13; see also 10:22)

[edit on 5/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

yes I read the four pages.
No you did not prove its not biblically.
Read the Rapture Questioon by John Walvoord

www.amazon.com...

...its more then four pages.

as a matter of fact read Things To Come by Dwight Pentecost after that.

www.amazon.com...

then we will talk.
PS
Your not even on the same page as me concering Biblical Eschatology

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No you did not prove its not biblically.

Yes, we all did prove it isn't biblical.

Read the Rapture Questioon by John Walvoord

No thanks. I have better things to do with my time then listen to rubbish.
YOU read - The Rapture Trap - by Paul Thigpen.

read Things To Come by Dwight Pentecost after that.

No thanks. I have better things to do with my time then listen to rubbish.

After reading The Rapture Trap - You can read The Bible after that.

and a little more LIGHT reading
Dispensationalist history
Five common misinterpretations

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I see now...your a nonbeliever.
I will pray for you.

Shalom
PS I read your books.
keep reading my good man, keep reading...your reading is very discriminatory.
I read everything.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I see now...your a nonbeliever.

And there we have it ... why 'The Rapture Cult' is really the work of the devil. People get the misguided notion that belief in the rapture cult is paramount to being able to call yourself a true Christian. :shk:

The Rapture Cult has NOTHING to do with salvation.

So .. 2 billion Christians who do not believe in the Rapture Cult are 'nonbelievers' eh?? :shk:

I will pray for you.

Fine. We are all supposed to pray for each other. Throw in a little prayer for yourself that you don't get anymore deceived .

keep reading my good man

I'm a girl.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
well you told me to read the bible in a sarcastic way so I figured your not a believer. Add to that the biblical books of study I mentioned you said were trash and YOU never read them, I have have read your books.
Ovbiously your not very well read...and make proof from two books.
wow lets party

PS as to your beliefs.
I do not make belief connect to Eschatology...thats like saying God judges you on your brains.

He judges you on your heart and your actions...not your brains.

Gender Mangement...
sorry Misses, hard to see gender via internet
I am trans sexual myself, I go either way twice over.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just think, ALL the Christians being assended... Lets see, Bush, Cheney, all of supremecourt justices, All of the televangelists, all of the neocon supremacy groups,the entire state of missouri, ok its doable, Im down for the 17th, cool, will it be televised on Fox and friends, oops they will be gone too!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
now I never said it was a fact, I said it has to take place on The Feast of Trumpets if it occurs....which is a Holy Hebrew Holiday that changes every year based on our calander.

Each Holy Festivale is the key to unlocking bible Eschatology
Notice the events of the death, ressurection, ascention, and giving of the Holy Spirit all fall on Holy Days.

And thats the Word

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Thats why hes doing his best to start WWIII ....

We are already in WWIII.

Basically ... I agree with you.

Does anyone else think this one was a little biased?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go with flyersfan on this one. I think she's presented enough evidence here. I was raised believing in the rapture and it basically scared the piss out of me as a child. Those videos with the giant scorpion and the guilliteen still haunt me to this day.

Thread closed.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There is no such thing as a rapture.

It's not in the bible at all. It's soul-candy theology - tastes great but is really bad for you.

It was invented in the mid 1800s by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby.
The Rapture Cult spread through evangelical groups in the USA.
Out of 2 billion Christians, only the fundamentalists are the ones that
buy into the rapture cult.

Really?

Then read this passage.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Thats in the Bible.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't have a bible. Could you type it for me?
Mucho gracias.

Ahhh hold on, here is some of the Wiki stuff.

"Rapture" is a word of Latin origin ("raptus" = "having been seized"), not Hebrew or Greek, the languages of the Bible. Its Greek equivalent is harpazo, which is found in the Greek text of 1 Thes. 4:17. When translated into English, both words mean "to be caught up, or snatched away." Harpazo, the word Paul actually used, comes from roots that mean, "to raise from the ground", "take for oneself" or, simply, "to choose" (haireomai), all of which are akin to airo, "to raise up."

So right off the bat we see that the word ratupure is never used in the bible. It is of latin decent, not Greek or Hebrew. The only word that was used that was harpazo wich is an eqivalent but in an entirely different language. We also see that the word actually has several meanings

Harpazo, the word Paul actually used, comes from roots that mean, "to raise from the ground", "take for oneself" or, simply, "to choose" (haireomai), all of which are akin to airo, "to raise up."

So to be raptured could simply mean "to choose".

It is vauge and full of holes. It does not hold water.

just my

[edit on 15-5-2007 by kleverone]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I don't have a bible. Could you type it for me?
Mucho gracias.

ok

1 Thess:4:17

Then we which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them
in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we shall we ever be with the Lord.

[edit on 5/15/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

1 Thess:4:17

Then we which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them
in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we shall we ever be with the Lord.

Thanks for typing that out Leyla. However I don't see how this in anyway confirms a rapture? I do see a single verse from the Greek translation of the Bible that could be describing anything from a OEB to an Alien abduction to a few people surviving some sort of Holocaust and then being rescued by the Lord and meeting him in the clouds.

I also think that if something of that magnitude were to happen, then a little more than one verse would have been attributed to it.

I personally don't think that the bible was meant to be taken literally and that the term "lost in translation" has never applied better to any book.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by kleverone]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is going to be a rapture alright. No doubt in my mind. May 17th is my 10th wedding anniversery, and I still haven't got a clue what to get my wife. Isn't the 10th paper or plastic?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The raptures on May 17th? Crap...that means I'm gonna miss my birthday this year

Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

I guess we shouldn't take this scripture literally?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ascention Day is a great feast Day........It Is the Day, The Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven ...

This holy day is celebrated on the fortieth day after the Resurrection of Christ, on the Thursday of the sixth week of Pascha. The ascension of Christ into heaven is mentioned in the prophecies of the Scriptures. Christ Himself, upon His resurrection, said to Mary Magdalene: "I ascend unto My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God" (John 20:17).

www.orthodoxphotos.com...
It has always been celebrated 40 days after Pascha(Easter)....The word "pascha" in Hebrew means "passing over, deliverance....the actual word used for the Resurrection.....
Many words have been deliberately changed.....
'' the Lords Day'' was replaced with the word Sunday
Saturday?was in English called ,Sabbath...(Savato in Greek)
Anyway......

Biblical Story
The story of the Ascension of our Lord, celebrated as one of the Twelve Great Feasts of the Church, is found in the book of the Acts of the Apostles 1:3-11.
It is also mentioned in the Gospels of Mark (16:19) and Luke (24:50-53). The moment of the Ascension is told in one sentence: "He was lifted up before their eyes in a cloud which took Him from their sight" (Acts 1:9).
Christ made His last appearance on earth,
forty days after His Resurrection from the dead.
The Acts of the Apostles states that the disciples were in Jerusalem.
Jesus appeared before them and commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem,
but to wait for the "Promise of the Father". He stated, "You shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now" (Acts 1:5).

above quote

May 17: On the feast day of the Ascension of the Lord will also be a 'signing of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad and the Russian Orthodox(Moscow Patriarch)....

May 17: On the feast day of the Ascension of the Lord, the ceremony of the signing of the Act of Canonical Communion will take place in Christ the Savior Cathedral followed by the first joint divine service celebrated by the hierarchs and clergymen of the Russian Church Abroad and of the Moscow Patriarchate.

www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws...

According to its supporters the pre-Tribulation Rapture is an extremely important part of the Christian message. Yet it was unknown before 1830.

Inconcistancy of the Rapture

IX
helen
EDIT....fixed link

[edit on 5/15/2007 by helen670]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Many words have been deliberately changed.....
'' the Lords Day'' was replaced with the word Sunday
Saturday?was in English called ,Sabbath...(Savato in Greek)

Ignoring the rest of you religious mumbo-jumbo, your dead wrong on the above.

I think you'll find we called the day's of the week their names long before Christianity came about...

Honestly....

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have to say this is one prediction i like. Why you may ask? Well quite simply because it's one that's easily provable, it's only a few days to wait afterall. Don't you hate those predicitons that take years and years to see if they're correct? *cough* 2012 *cough*.

Guess i'll continue my life without worry until the date arrives.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
How can some of you claim the rapture is not Biblical?
Jesus told us he would return to claim his children, just before the tribulation.
Jesus gave us the idea of a rapture where he would save the true Christians. What is the debate here?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join