It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So, like, when the rapture comes, can we have their cars??

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Personally I am in favor of the rapture... won't those sanctimonious asses be surprised when they are the only ones left behind?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Um, I hate to put a damper on people, but when Jesus ascended up to heaven one of the things he told Peter, is the following: What you hold true on earth, I will hold true in Heaven.
In short, the Rapture may not be a part of the bible, but because it is a part of religious Dogma, it will happen, if it is true.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
MMMAAAANNNNN.... I have a doctor's appointment that day. Watch his nurse not be there... actually that might make the visit more palatable.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What is the Rapture?

Is that like the Rap culture? Snopp Dogg, Run DMC, Buster Rhymes?

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
he told Peter, is the following: What you hold true on earth, I will hold true in Heaven. In short, the Rapture may not be a part of the bible, but because it is a part of religious Dogma, it will happen, if it is true.

Matthew 16:18 - He made Peter the head of His Church and then said - what you hold bound on earth will be bound in heaven.

Peter - the first Pope. The Catholic Church does NOT believe in the Rapture. Neither do the Episcopals. Neither do the Lutherans. Neither do the Methodists. Neither do the Congregationalists. Of the 2 Billion Christians on this planet only a few million fundamentalists follow the cult.

The Rapture is not part of religious dogma. It's just a cult belief of some fundamentalists who think they will be able to escape tribulation even though the bible specifically states otherwise.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Your view of the rapture is your view.
Its very biblical and first mentioned in Mathew 24.
It occurs on the Feast of Trumpets
Isreal is not replaced by the church.
mix and match theology between the church and Israel makes for muddy waters.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
What is the Rapture?

Soul-candy theology that was made up by Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s.
It is NOT in the bible. The bible actually says things that are in exact opposition to such a notion.

The rapture cult is something that is believed by the fundamentalists, but the vast majority of Christians reject it.

The cult believes that Christ will come a second time - and take all the fundamentalists away from the tribulations so they dont have to suffer through them - and then after tribulations Christ comes for a THIRD time to end the world.

The bible says just the opposite ... but I guess it's too painful for some people to believe that God isn't going to spare them the pain and suffering that the saints through the centuries have had to endure.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
quote : But the scary thing is your president does and takes advice on policies from these nutjobs.

Thats why hes doing his best to start WWIII in the middle east because these weirdos have said it will bring on the rapture. : quote

Bring on the rapture! Yay! Sounds like a party... when does it start again?

Really though, it is apparent to me that all of our time spent spitting on each others religious/scientific views, etc could be better spent on preparing for whatever cataclysmic event you think will occur.

If you believe its Christ, pray and repent. If you believe in the Roman Control Conspiracy, then learn to live off of the land. If you believe that aliens will come and "enlighten" us, then paint the words "take me first" on top of your car.

Whatever you believe in does NOT change the facts. We have much more important things to do here, like share information. Please stop with all the "you crazy fn christians" etc.

Oh, and George W said he would be working directly with the pope on doctrine for his terms. So he's not working for the crazy christians... so spout your anti-presidential BS somewhere else, unless you can back it up! Because we all know there is SOMEthing wrong with him.

[edit on 5/15/2007 by 12SeVeN34]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Its very biblical and first mentioned in Mathew 24..

No, it's not.

This has all been discussed in BTS religion forum.
The Rapture cult has been debunked.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Um, I hate to put a damper on people, but when Jesus ascended up to heaven one of the things he told Peter, is the following: What you hold true on earth, I will hold true in Heaven.
In short, the Rapture may not be a part of the bible, but because it is a part of religious Dogma, it will happen, if it is true.

Where is that? Just want to know so I can check it.

Anyway, the rapture is only dogma for a few Christians, not really the majority.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
So, like, when the rapture comes, can we have their cars??

Sorry, JC... I think the only ones getting caught up in the Rapture would have been driving horse and buggies.

You don't really think greedy people that drive powerful status cars will get to heaven, do you?

Push that 8 Cyl. camel through the eye of a needle.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman

That was already addressed - Matthew 16:18.

You are Peter, the rock, and upon this rock i will build my church.
And the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Whatever you hold
bound on earth will be bound in heaven etc etc etc

RAPTURE DEBUNKED as I said - this has all been discussed previously.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I rarely agree with flyersfan but she is right on the money on this one. I did a paper in college on the growth of funnymentalism in America and this mythology was developed and spread in the 2nd half of the 19th century as disillusionment grew with the secular/materialist character of the gilded age.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Your view of the rapture is your view.
Its very biblical and first mentioned in Mathew 24.
It occurs on the Feast of Trumpets
Isreal is not replaced by the church.
mix and match theology between the church and Israel makes for muddy waters.

I think you're confusing the rapture with the end of the world. Nobody will be spared the 'tribulation' (oh, I hate that word). I'm a Christian, but I'm not one of those fundies who want a 'get out clause' from this world. Read Matthew 24 and you'll find we all (Christian & non-Christian) have to go through it.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

RAPTURE DEBUNKED as I said - this has all been discussed previously.

no evidence it was disproved only discussed.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I rarely agree with flyersfan but she is right on the money on this one.

I'm going to FRAME that!

Anyways grover .. this is actually the SECOND time we have agreed on something today. I agreed with your post about the cancer vaccine

no evidence it was disproved only discussed.

It was completely disproven .. and it was disproven using the bible.
Go read again. I KNOW you didn't read the entire thread.

HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END WILL BE SAVED.

Jesus Prayed – ‘I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that
you keep them from the evil one’ – John 17:15

Those who ‘suffer with Him (for His sake) through the terrors of the last
days will at that time ‘also be glorified with Him’ (Romans 8:17)

the one ‘who endures to the end will be saved”
(Matthew 24:13; see also 10:22)

[edit on 5/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh, right, thanks. Don't think that's to do with what you said though. anyway, it's off topic. Sorry mods!!

We seem to agree on the Matthew 24 meaning though flyersfan.

[edit on 15/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My question is...

Who's gonna come back first?

Jesus or Mohammad?

Cause if it's Mohammad, the western world is gettin' an A** Wh*****g.

If Jesus comes first, is he gonna help Christians wipe Islam off the face of the earth?

I'm just so confused!

I wish this "One God" would make up His/Her/It's mind who is the Holiest of peoples on earth.

Cause, dude, if I'm not one of the chosen one's, I’ll seriously consider changin’ Gods.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is true flyerfan... that is true.

Muhammad never promised to come back. The return of the 12th or hidden Imam is a feature of some, most notibly Iran, but not all Shiia Islam and it is certainly NOT a feature of Sunni Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join