It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
yes but do they have consciousness?

tough question
I know my garden gives me Rapture.
and it feels like Heaven
I even got a statue of Yeshua

just joking on the statue

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They have some form of consciousness. One scientist did experiments and plants reacted on various things. Illuminated people see God in them.

Hm, maybe this is wrong thread to talk about this. Here they want God pulls them in the air to Heaven, so they can watch all of the sinners go down in flames. Wicked, wouldn't you agree?

I see i am getting 1-point penalty already. Viva self-censorship!

[edit on 18-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Possible RAPTURE date May 25, 2007. See I can make predictions that won't come true as well. This thread has gotten 12 pages of replies so I assume the author of the thread is happy with his or her attempt to create a thread full of drama.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, you can predict it out of the blue, but as i see from first post, May 17 was significant date according to some believers, so we will never know... I still believe we were all raptured and are in Heaven now. JK.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the rapture is nowhere mentioned in the bible, in fact if you cross reference it with other books (i forget sry it was years ago) it will actually lead one to understand that those good suffering people will stay with the sinners, and yet be tested. Anyone taken up in the flash of an eye will either be disintegrated, or beamed up to a mothership.

________________________________________________-
If God created satan, knowing he would turn evil, why doesn't that make God evil too?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh crap! I was left behind!!!

The wacko evangelicals don't realize that Christ said that only God knows the hour.So if you are strictly adhering to Christian theology, then it wouldn't be a stretch to think that if someone accurately predicted it, God would just change the date.

It's a shame that I didn't catch this earlier, maybe I could have gotten some of these rapture predicting sages to let me have their house or car, because they wouldn't need it any longer.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I've seen some paranoia on these forums, but when i saw in my newsletter something entitled...."Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007" i had to laugh... unless your ARE god or have to power to move or destroy planets (which i doubt) would you mind me saying that the rapture and anything revolving around that is complete and utter bollox... want proof?

I'm coming back to this thread on May 18th and you wanna guess what? ... yes it'll be still here and you will be and i will be to....

Now anyone in fear could sit near a cave in the mediterranean ripped to the tits on mushrooms and write letters back home about impending doom, but i didn't expect it to be taken seriously...jesus, i was joking... look i was off my nut, i was scared...the locals said "nice nice mushies...good...you visit god, good please take...eat hhhhmmmmm bouncy bouncy"

Anyways one thing that really gets me...you people cant see the bull... and before you shoot me down as you will... i was a christian for many years... and oh my god was it hard to wrench the barbed belief hook from my 'soul'... i tell you now... humans are suckers... humans want to believe in anything... dare not look at ones self...

Scientology, child molesting vicars, tithing, christianity, islam...oh god, it's horrible... you know what i want?...ok if you want to waste your miserable life believing in God or budda or whatever fine... just do it on another planet... cant we get these people an Island or something?... give it 50 years tops before you destroy yourselves or posting (...) on the internet about it... it would such a better world without the bad 'idea' of religion infesting the vulnerable and the gullible... it's those pratting truth pimps that get on my nerves...coming up to me or anyone wittering on about sin bombs death fear love god the earth whatever mate... if we ever get nuked or bombed and we all die... just before you go... thank the [...] of religion... cos i bet you 20 quid that it's got something to do with it...

I'm an evangelical... plain and simple, but some of the most utterly inurged morons will try and pass it all off as truth and try and save me or if not blow me up in the name of god if a dare challenge it all...

ooooh it's end of days.... hmmmmmm actually, rapture would be good...Hopefully it's God with a fail safe... i bet the rapture go's ahead and then...then we hear a loud booming voice from above...the voice of God saying "sorry world... i've just taken the (...)nuts, sorry... carry on... if it gets out of hand again i be back...enjoy life, have fun and be kind to one another, see you in a billion years" HUZZAH... the idiots have gone... we lost the morons...!

anyways don't be fooled... your all mugs if you believe the hype!
(sorry to be rude) but it's.......TRUE, bye

````````````````````````
Mod edit - 'F-bombs'

please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
not sure why so many non believers feel the need to save us from ourselves.

That's just plain wrong. Almost all Christians (i.e. BELIEVERS) do not believe in the rapture because it's NOT in the bible. It's not just unbelievers who dont' believe in the rapture .. it's almost all christians as well.

Rapture theology is dangerous. It's dangerous because it's telling people they will get an easy-out and not have to suffer or deal with things. When tribulations come (and they WILL COME) then those who thought they'd get an easy out will be stuck here to deal with everything .. and this will effect their faith in a very negative way.

It's best to count on having to stay through tribulations and it's best to prepare your soul for that .. otherwise people will be caught short and unprepared .. and will loose faith.

MJ

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Once again the Rapture came and I missed it. Apparently since the date described is passed as so many predicted dates previously did the same, I have missed it again.

Is this supposed to be a one time event? Perhaps only a few get raptured each time someone predicts this. Yes that must be why it appears all are still here. No, it is a conspiratorial illusion and Im the only one left here.

Can I get a new date so I can try again on the next Rapture to make it?
I'll ask the one who likes to say to me "God told me to tell you...."
After all, that person is the mouthpiece for God Almighty to me, being that I'm not worthy enough to hear from God myself. arrrg.

All sarcasm aside,
Is it possible for this being the 40 year anniversary, the Tribulation has begun? It will last seven years. Hmm, 2012 leaves two more years of the hardest times after the predicted calamities for that year. This means someone should start a new thread cause this one is moot.

Wont those who buy into the Rapture fallacy be surprised to find that they too will go through the tribulation?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJ
Wont those who buy into the Rapture fallacy be surprised to find that they too will go through the tribulation?

That's exactly what I was getting at.

Those who believe in this ... they will end up having to go through tribulation with the rest of the planet. It will severely test their faith. I suspect that many will loose their faith when they realize that they aren't any better than anyone else and that God is letting them suffer in pain and agony - just as He has done with His believers throughout the centuries.

Rapture is a dangerous 'theology'.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
everyone is allowed to their own interpertation, but I dont see the Rapture Question as being critical to anything.
If your a bad person, your a bad person
If your not, your not
the rest is filler

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
I dont see the Rapture Question as being critical to anything.

THAT I agree with. Belief in the Rapture Cult has nothing to do with salvation. You can believe in it, or disbelieve in it, and that will not effect your eternity.

However .. if you believe in it and it doesn't come to pass .. that could effect your faith, which effects your eternity. So there is that to think about ....

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If our father,cannot save evryone, either by salvation,in this world or the next,or by processing the worst through the lake of fire,INCLUDING HIS NO2 ANGEL,SATAN,
then he/she is not god after all.
The salvation part is for everyone, but the pain it takes to progress,will become greater with each transgression.
peace guys bergle

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
If our father,cannot save evryone, either by salvation,in this world or the next,or by processing the worst through the lake of fire,INCLUDING HIS NO2 ANGEL,SATAN,
then he/she is not god after all.
The salvation part is for everyone, but the pain it takes to progress,will become greater with each transgression.
peace guys bergle

You bring up a good point that a God who cannot save everyone is a worthless God or what we call a part-timer.

I applaud you for understanding the lake of fire and having the fundamentals down at least for what you've said.

I would like to ask though; what is NO2 ANGEL? I always thought NO2 was nitrous oxide in chemical notation.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That would be so awesome, if we were to be raptured up to heaven! I look forward to that glorious day! I'm just afraid that I'll die before Christ returns to Earth! It would be so great to be in the rapture! But no man knows the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven! The world is so corrupt and so many sad things going on, I just wish Jesus Christ would return!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well there detonator sorry but your date was wrong. Nice figuring, and alignment of dates and calendars and so forth. Interesting. But (and I don't say this dogmaticaly) it seems to me that God does definately have time cycles for Israel. For example, the day that Jesus entered Jerusalem, was exactly to the day. 483 years since the command went forth to rebuild Jerusalem. And it's fundememtal, that there are 7 more years to go for God to finish His plans for Israel. For those who don't know, the jewish biblical calendar is 360 day years. Then an extra month is inserted every so often to keep the seasons straight.
But Jesus Himself said no one would know the day or hour. The day that no man knows. Could this instead have to do with the Feast of Trumpets, Rosh Ha Shana? There is the first trump, beginning the high Holy Days. 2 days later (or 2000 years as God counts time) is the Last Trump. Then 7 days to Yom Kippur, the day of Atonement. Could it be as the Feast's are a shadow of things to come, that at the Last Trump we are caught up as the bible says? During that day no one knows but the High Priest what time of the day the shofar or Trump will sound. Hense the day that no man knows. This to me seems a more biblicle timeing. Although as I've said I do not believe we can predict when exactly the rapture will occure as Christ is dealing with the church made up mostly of gentiles. And not Judaic law or time frame structured in the Torah for Israel and Jews as a whole. Thanks.
[email protected]
www.jefferyhays.com

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Alright I don't believe all the stupid comments here, you only show your ignorance. First Salvation is for mankind. Satan WAS an angel, but a spirit is immortal so once he made his choice to rebell it was fixed. Man how ever is mortal. Have you not read in your bible that things seen are subject to change, but things not seen are eternal? Adam messed up by sinning. So a man has to fix it. And further more, as Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son, this act of faith was what released God to sacrifice His only son Jesus. So here we have God incarnate as a man, the bible calls the second Adam. "For in the first Adam death has passed upon everyone, but the second Adam all can be made alive even for all who believe upon His Name". God could save all human beings, but not all human beings will believe or choose to be saved. So it is us as individuals who make the choice whom we serve.
Jesus didn't become an angel to save the fallen ones, He became a human to save humans. It is so simple, I honestly believe you have to have help to misunderstand it. Have you ever asked God to reveal truth to you, or are you smarter than He is, and think you can figure it all out by reading His mind. What arogance, and ingnorance. And the ones who mock, your laughter will be turned into mourning, because you did not recieve the love of the truth. You only have yourself to blame.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Don't be upset if Rapture didn't occur. All of your religion is based on faith, so keep some faith and maybe it will happen someday. Detonator more or less just passed info from other sites.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JefferyHays
Alright I don't believe all the stupid comments here, you only show your ignorance. First Salvation is for mankind. Satan WAS an angel, but a spirit is immortal so once he made his choice to rebell it was fixed. Man how ever is mortal. Have you not read in your bible that things seen are subject to change, but things not seen are eternal? Adam messed up by sinning. So a man has to fix it. And further more, as Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son, this act of faith was what released God to sacrifice His only son Jesus. So here we have God incarnate as a man, the bible calls the second Adam. "For in the first Adam death has passed upon everyone, but the second Adam all can be made alive even for all who believe upon His Name". God could save all human beings, but not all human beings will believe or choose to be saved. So it is us as individuals who make the choice whom we serve.
Jesus didn't become an angel to save the fallen ones, He became a human to save humans. It is so simple, I honestly believe you have to have help to misunderstand it. Have you ever asked God to reveal truth to you, or are you smarter than He is, and think you can figure it all out by reading His mind. What arogance, and ingnorance. And the ones who mock, your laughter will be turned into mourning, because you did not recieve the love of the truth. You only have yourself to blame.

That was very well put my friend

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How do you know it didn't happen? 144,000 is only .00002% of the worlds population. The rest of us, I say that liberally of course, are stuck here.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join