It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You guys don't seroiouslt think that you and a whole bunch of non cremated stinking bodies in graves from hundreds of years are going to be ushered up into the great beyond tomorrow do you? No more than you were today I say to you. And even if you "ALL" decide thru u2's to hide out and pretend you got raptured, it won't work. You are the same people taht "Missed" when Jesus was here in the flesh and now just like a dead famous artist, you crave his artwork. You guys missed, period and you still are continueing to miss. I will feel sorry for you tomorrow and eberyday, because you still look outside yourself for what lies deep within. Guns dont kill Christians Kill...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well i also noticed somewhere, actually from different texts, rapture by lifting in the air is myth created in 19th century but that doesn't mean rapture is not real.

Rapture also means being protected spiritually against Antichrist who will bring WRATH OF GOD upon Earth during Tribulation period. So, by not being lifted in the air you cannot say there is no spiritual rapture. This is something people rarely mention. link1 link2

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
so is it for sure the reality that this could happen

because right now

its 1am

and its the 17th

and nothing has changed

could this be an alternate reality rapture?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
You rest your case on that? Boy I'm glad you're not my lawyer.

Congratulations on your hit rate. I don't really see the relevance to this discussion though.

All about Jews huh? So you're saying that every reference to Israel in the Old Testament refers to the modern nation of Israel? The bible never uses the term 'Israel' to refer to God's people - ie the church?

I have read the old testament actually, not every single word granted, but more of it than I care to admit. I was raised in a Christian family and my dad was a minister for my formative years, so I can assure you I've read quite a bit of the Old Testament.

Okay, let me see if I can lay this out simply for you.

Jesus came to us once in the NT
In John 14 he says he will 'come back' to bring the believers to heaven.

So that's two 'comings' so far. You're claiming a 'third coming' which is not mentioned by anyone anywhere biblically. Unless you can prove me otherwise.

See this is what I don't get: you tell me you're a biblical eschatologist. You tell me you can read and write Hebrew and read Greek. You claim this intimate knowledge of the bible, and yet in all your replies you rely on your own words (and in early posts on the words written by authors believing in the rapture).

Surely the word of God speaks for itself. Surely, if there is biblical evidence of the rapture, then someone with as much knowledge of the text as you would be able to provide it quite easily.

So far, all we've got is John 14. Which says Jesus will come back. Your definition of the rapture (I think - it's hard to keep up) doesn't involve the return of Jesus.

The thing is, your beliefs seem strong, and strongly based on scripture. Yet you've only got one verse to back it up. So do your beliefs come from faith in the scripture, or do they come from faith in your own self? If they come from faith in the scripture, then you must have more than just the one verse, which by its very wording denies the type of event you are describing, to support this faith. No?

I am not your lawyer or your teacher.
But I am a teacher and you do not know your subject.
this is your home work.
be a good student and read it.
I do not do students home work, i mearly assign it, Thats your job not mine.
sorry.
now read that and you tell me why its wrong,
OK?

www.bibleprophesy.org...

[edit on 17-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So here it is, May 17th, 12:48 AM, MST So far I haven't heard anthing of rapture on the world news.

Man, I am really surprised.
I thought it would finally come.

"I sure could use a vacation from this BS, three ring, circus sideshow..."

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Over here it's 9:37am and I'm still here.

So what timezone was this supposed to happen? GMT, US time or what?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Has the rapture begun yet? It's already May 17th...and is this a good excuse to miss a day from work?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I noticed that the "global consciousness meter" was on RED yesterday for quite awile.. it is currently on green right now though..

I know its probably nothing, but the last couple of days the streets seemed deserted more than usual, and the only ones out and about were chavs/pikies.. i thought that was a bit odd.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
I noticed that the "global consciousness meter" was on RED yesterday for quite awile.. it is currently on green right now though..

I know its probably nothing, but the last couple of days the streets seemed deserted more than usual, and the only ones out and about were chavs/pikies.. i thought that was a bit odd.

Well, considering it was pissing down with rain I'm not surprised nobody was about!

This is not a one-liner.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I take it no one here is watching the NEWS!!

Gordon Brown looks set to succeed Tony Blair as prime minister as Labour leadership nominations close.

Rapture city!!

On a more serious note, these dates will come and go, just like people do. Christianity is man made and therefore the rapture�.wait a minute!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Two of the news stories for today.

Russian Church ends 80-year split

The landmark reunification ceremony was held in Moscow
The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad has reunited with the Russian Orthodox Church after 80 years of schism sparked by the Bolshevik revolution

And

Korean trains in historic link-up

Historic crossing
A pair of passenger trains have crossed the heavily fortified border between North and South Korea for the first time in more than 50 years.

BUT there was some bad news!

Hilton 'good behaviour' cuts term

The hotel heiress is due to start her sentence on 5 June
Paris Hilton will serve half of her 45-day jail sentence and will be separated from most other inmates, say authorities in California.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I woke up this morning very relieved.

My wife is still here and sleeping quietly.

Perhaps there are billions of people on this planet.
Perhaps there are millions who live a good, honest life...

But there are few that rate being 'taken' in the Rapture as she most certainly does.

It ain't happening, folks.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... I think my condom's raptured last night.... I can't find them anywhere.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ooh dear.

BBC News Link

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was going to check in here and see if any of the xians were gone... Then it occured to me that Jeezy could have a hella free wifi access point up there!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No one has yet to answer my question. If this whole "Rapture" thing were true, then Jesus would not have the need to make war with the "Beast" in Revelation. I am going to keep saying this until someone responds. So, be ready to get very irritated.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I had a really bad bad evil headache yesterday and today it is gone.

Does this count?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
No one has yet to answer my question. If this whole "Rapture" thing were true, then Jesus would not have the need to make war with the "Beast" in Revelation. I am going to keep saying this until someone responds. So, be ready to get very irritated.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

How do you make sense of a baseless mythology? What kind of response are you looking for? You CAN NOT argue with faith. Even when shown the utter ridiculasness or totaly no compatability of seperate tenants, faith is going to make the beliver blind to the truth.

ANYBODY that has researched this AT ALL knows it to be a baseless tenat espoused only in the last 150 years or so. BUT, millions of people are still going to believe it because they are spoon feed it from a young age. OR, there will be the lame attempt to validate it with some vague quote from the book of Matt...

If Matt 16:18 is true, then the xians aughta be pissed that they didn't come up with the 75 virgin bride scenerio first! You know I think I just made a good point about how silly rapture sounds to the rest of us!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nothing yet...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Bummer dude, I'm still here.

As far as I can tell 144,000 people didn't diasppear overnight.

Oh well, no rapture today.

It's always best to set a date well in advance when you make an announcement like this. That way most people will have forgotton about it by the time the date rolls around.

Life goes on as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join