It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible RAPTURE date May 17, 2007

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
May 17, 2007 or even few hours before May 17 can be possible rapture date. May 17 is Ascension day and also very important date for Israel, it's exactly one Biblical generation after they captured Jerusalem. Check this link for more information.

FIRST, Thursday, May 17 will be Ascension Day, observing the day Jesus rose into heaven. "After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight" (Acts 1:9). This came 40 days after the resurrection. "He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:3). This is a type of rapture, and for that reason many believe the rapture itself will be on some Ascension Day.

SECOND, Wednesday, May 16 (overlapping May 17), will be Iyyar 28 on the Jewish calender. Possibly the most important prophetic day in 2,000 years was June 7, 1967 when Israeli forces took Jerusalem in the miracle Six-Day War. In Israel, they observe the day, called "Jerusalem Day," not according to the modern Gentile calendar but according to the Jewish calendar. On the Jewish calendar, June 7, 1967 was on Iyyar 28. Again, in 2007, Iyyar 28 will land on Wednesday, May 16.

Therefore, since that Jewish day begins at sundown on the 16th, that means Ascension Day, or the 17th, begins just a few hours later, which makes both days overlap. These two major historical dates coincide in 2007!

But that's not all! It is a once-in-history convergence!

THE TWO DATES COINCIDE ON THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF THAT 1967 EVENT! THEREFORE, MAY 16/17, 2007 MARKS THE END OF WHAT MANY CONSIDER A BIBLICAL GENERATION. And it was In that war that Israel, the biblical fig tree, "sprouted its leaves" and recaptured not only Jerusalem, but the Golan Heights, Gaza and the West Bank. Jesus' words seem extremely relevant:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah, right. So all the evangelical, genocide loving maniacs will suddenly float off to heaven.... Does it not occur to anyone how daft that sounds? All of a sudden being whisked off to heaven, even if your in the middle of breakfast or "on the job"?

Why is the June 7th 1967 such a prophetic day? What is the significance of May 17th?

Here's another prophetic date for you, May 18th. My birthday. Looking good so far if all the Christians have buggered off.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Why is the June 7th 1967 such a prophetic day? What is the significance of May 17th?

Possibly the most important prophetic day in 2,000 years was June 7, 1967 when Israeli forces took Jerusalem in the miracle Six-Day War.

By the Jewish calendar, May 17th will have been exactly forty years since that day. In prophecy 40 is considered both a time of one generation and a time of testing. In Christianity, it is exactly 40 days after Easter.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Fair enough, if your biblically minded and believe you'll float off to heaven at some random point, you may also be daft enough to believe that 40 years is an important date.

Me, personally, I won't be sitting at the breakfast table wandering when I am going to float off through my roof. Or do you have to be outside? Can you "ascend" to heaven if your indoors?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do you think, if I chained twenty or so of the right people together, I could float up with them? Or would I just create a Christio-dirigible? I need to know a.s.a.p. It's just that, I'm gonna have to start buying the rope and a lawn chair soon. Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Fair enough, if your biblically minded and believe you'll float off to heaven at some random point, you may also be daft enough to believe that 40 years is an important date.

Me, personally, I won't be sitting at the breakfast table wandering when I am going to float off through my roof. Or do you have to be outside? Can you "ascend" to heaven if your indoors?

Well, not everyone who claims to know about a rapture believes it is literally a flying up into heaven sort of thing. Some do. Ascension can mean other things, such as a divine enlightenment by a some means. The only obvious thing I can claim is that from time to time significant dates come into alignment and get us all talking. I for one, will hold on my faith, but cannot honestly say that anything will happen at all according to "date setting".

It will, however, be exactly six months to the day of me quitting smoking - which is more of a miracle to me personally than the Jews taking Jerusalem.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Do you think, if I chained twenty or so of the right people together, I could float up with them? Or would I just create a Christio-dirigible? I need to know a.s.a.p. It's just that, I'm gonna have to start buying the rope and a lawn chair soon. Thanks.

That is actually not a very bad idea to meet your maker. I mean, I read about the lawn chair pilot guy in California. If someone had the resources and wanted to ascend in a certain manner physical and spiritual, you could certainly get a weather balloon and a chair and take one last ride into the thin high altitude air. It would be a beautiful sight to behold as long as you had a nice heavy coat to stay warm.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
May 16 has to do with Joan of Arc (google it) and also is 'Jerusalem day' this year (again, google it)

It's true, in a sense. But 'rapture' is something i still don't understand, on the general public level.

No one's going to blast off into space with their skin on, I KNOW that...unless Jim Morrison comes in some sort of super sonic space mobile...

That'd be cool.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think there is the potential for something to happen on this day, although the "rapture" is a dead certain no no.. what makes Israelis so special over everyone else?

17/05/07

1+7=8, 8+5=13.. 13/7 or 13/9, depending on whether you add the 2 from 2007.

7, 9 and 13 are significant numbers.. although its nothing to get worked up about, seeing as you can find these "significanses" in many dates that have past/nothing happened.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The 'Rapture' is a made-up event. It's not part of the Bible. Never was. And marking any date from Easter to legitimize it is equally daft. Easter was never a Christian holiday. It is a Sun worship (Pagan) holiday (marking the vernal equinox) and supplanted the actual Christian holiday (Passover). Go back to the Alpha and Omega and forget all the crap layered-on centuries later by others.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Fair enough, if your biblically minded and believe you'll float off to heaven at some random point.

The so-called rapture isn't biblical, it was made up in the 18th or 19th century by the founder of the Plymouth Brethen (google it for more info).

Most Christians believe Jesus will return, but that's at the end of time. So I'm sorry, but you won't have a world without Christians!!

Oops, didn't see the post above this one!

[edit on 15/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Here's another prophetic date for you, May 18th. My birthday. Looking good so far if all the Christians have buggered off.

The best reply to the RAPTURE farse today...

THERE WILL BE NO RAPTURE (well not this week anyway...)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Rapture will occur on a Holy Day.
Like all events about Yeshua they coincide with the 7 Holy Festivales.
The Rapture Occurs on the Feast of Trumpets.
What year?
We do not know...but it will be the Feast of Trumpets

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a rapture.

It's not in the bible at all. It's soul-candy theology - tastes great but is really bad for you.

It was invented in the mid 1800s by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby.
The Rapture Cult spread through evangelical groups in the USA.
Out of 2 billion Christians, only the fundamentalists are the ones that
buy into the rapture cult.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

That is actually not a very bad idea to meet your maker. I mean, I read about the lawn chair pilot guy in California. If someone had the resources and wanted to ascend in a certain manner physical and spiritual, you could certainly get a weather balloon and a chair and take one last ride into the thin high altitude air. It would be a beautiful sight to behold as long as you had a nice heavy coat to stay warm.

Maybe you and a couple dozen of your friends could tether yourselves to a lawn chair downtown and offer a final ride for sinners?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't know if I will be caught up in the rapture. I know that we are in the 'end times', as the signs are shown as told by Yeshua the Messiah. I know that we don't know the exact date and time of Him returning in glory, nor do know the time of the rapture.

It said that people will go about there business as usual, when they are called. I would like to hope that I am one of them caught up in the rapture, but then again, it's the Lord's decision if I stay, or if I go. His will is the only will that matters.

If He ordains tomorrow as the day of rapture, so be it, but I will just keep watching the signs until the end.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
For anyone who wishes to learn about the rapture cult -

Previous discussion here at ATS that debunks 'the rapture'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is no such thing as a rapture.

It's not in the bible at all. It's soul-candy theology - tastes great but is really bad for you.

It was invented in the mid 1800s by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby.
The Rapture Cult spread through evangelical groups in the USA.
Out of 2 billion Christians, only the fundamentalists are the ones that
buy into the rapture cult.
But the scary thing is your president does and takes advice on policies from these nutjobs.

Thats why hes doing his best to start WWIII in the middle east because these weirdos have said it will bring on the rapture.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Face to face
Sadly solitude
And it's finger popping
Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture

Did you get your information from Fab Five Freddie by any chance?

Anyway, the housing association is coming to fix my toilet on Thursday, so I hope I have a decent flush just before the end of the world.....

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Thats why hes doing his best to start WWIII ....

We are already in WWIII.

I started a thread in PTS somewhere but I can't figure out how to do the searches here. It addresses this very subject - that Bush43 is being influenced by those fundies who believe in the rapture cult and that he's purposely moving things to put them in place to bring about 'the big showdown'.

Basically ... I agree with you.

Wish I could find that thread ....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join