It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Grav Tech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So I was throwing a ball of aluminum foil in the air and catching it, and I got to thinking...

There are many threads on this anti-gravity technology technology paeple keep talking about. I've looked on the web, and read about it, but no one explains how the technology works. How can we overpower gravity waves? I'm very interested to hear people's ideas on how, using the laws of physics, this technology works. Please share!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Do a quick search in ATS, and you will unearth a TON of stuff. BTW, "Lifter" tech, I can tell you right off, is NOT anti-grav tech. I read a study conducted (by NASA I think) that proved it.

-P

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I guess we just have to find something that repels gravity. I heard something about Dark Matter and the expansion of the Universe, and so i'm looking into it to see if Dark Matter repels/attracts gravity. If it did, we wouldn't be able to use it since we haven't yet harnessed Dark Matter. I may just be rambling, but i think the only way is to find some kind of matter or material that repels gravity. ( It's late so if my idea's sound weird right now, I understand...)

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I guess we just have to find something that repels gravity. I heard something about Dark Matter and the expansion of the Universe, and so i'm looking into it to see if Dark Matter repels/attracts gravity. If it did, we wouldn't be able to use it since we haven't yet harnessed Dark Matter. I may just be rambling, but i think the only way is to find some kind of matter or material that repels gravity. ( It's late so if my idea's sound weird right now, I understand...)

lol, well you replied quickly, so I'm still here

I have one major problem with dark matter, the same I have with "The Dark Star" and with dark energy. There is no evidence for it. The whole basis of it is to explain what can't be explained. The dark star, if it exists, explains Neptune and Pluto's orbits. That's the ONLY evidence that it exists. Dark matter and energy explain how the universe can be expanding at the relativly slow rate that it is, and it can explain galaxies. Here's my dark matter/energy theory: We don't know enough about physics to be able to deduce why the universe behaves as it does.

I know that's a stretch, but there it is. I don't believe science has solved everything there is to solve, although I do think it's capable. Just something to think about.

Also...

Do a quick search in ATS, and you will unearth a TON of stuff. BTW, "Lifter" tech, I can tell you right off, is NOT anti-grav tech. I read a study conducted (by NASA I think) that proved it.

-P

I have read every article in ATS, and nothing explains how we can get around gravity waves. I'd like to reming everyone that we're in the process of building something to detect gravity waves. We don't know much about it, so how do we fight it?

I'd also be interested in a link to the study you mentioned about lifter tech!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
From what I have read, seen and understood, this "anti-grav" tech that is being worked on is not in a sense "repelling" gravity.
From what I understand the technology has to do with quantum (sp?) mechanics that enables you to produce large amounts of "fake" gravity in a small area..
So to fx. make an object float you produce a tiny but very powerfull gravity well just over the object. So instead of falling to the ground, it would be "falling" towards this new gravity well, making it float upwards. Now controlling this new gravity well against earth gravity will control the objects altitude..
The you would produce another small gravity well in front of the object to make it "fall forwards" producing forward motion..

The cool thing about this is that you can make something accellerate FAST and make 90 and 180 degree turns without passengers feeling the g-force. This is because the people inside the craft would be "falling" with the craft.. G-forces exist because we are dragged away from gravity so to speak, but if w control gravity in relation to ourselves, we wouldn't feel this..
Problem arises with the amount of energy it takes to create these gravity wells, and to make them tiny enough to only effect the object in question, while stil being powerfull enough to move it..

It would be rather silly to accidentaly produce a super gravity that instantly would implode the entire planet in on it :-P

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Anti-Gravity Technology isn't creating a force like gravity but in the opposite direct. Current Anti-Gravity Technology is simply BLOCKING gravity.

By spinning a superconducting ring one can block gravity from affecting an object, but only to a certain degree (2% is the highest confirmed so far).

As a side note, it was recently confirmed that gravity propogates at the speed of light.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
Anti-Gravity Technology isn't creating a force like gravity but in the opposite direct. Current Anti-Gravity Technology is simply BLOCKING gravity.

By spinning a superconducting ring one can block gravity from affecting an object, but only to a certain degree (2% is the highest confirmed so far).

I have a real problem with the Podkletnov effect. Gravity blocking would violate the conservation of energy. Quoted from this article:

One thing the antigravity folk have not noticed is that their discovery gives them a perpetual motion device as well as a means for space travel. Yes, it gives us free energy, in unlimited quantities. For it is only necessary to put a wheel, like a Ferris wheel, over the superconducting disk (or coil). If you locate it so that half the wheel is over the disk and half is to the side, then half the wheel will be lighter than the other half. Then this will truly be an unbalanced wheel and will turn endlessly, driving a generator and giving an endless source of mechanical or electrical energy, which, of course, is impossible.

Therefore I think gravity shielding is really not shielding of the gravity, but it's providing an upward force (electromagnetic maybe? it is an superconductor) that makes it seem the gravity is shielded

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think I saw in a newspaper at some point that they had invented an antigravity machine, but using elctromagnets. The major flaw was that this machine was MASSIVE - it took up a whole building and only had the power to float an apple...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
im sure goverments around world have anti grvity machines as top secret weapons an stuff.

we have had Nuclear power of over 50 years, thats half a century, and in 1oo years we have gone from the Wright Brothers plane TO space shuttle etc etc, and in this 50 years of Nuclear power you telling me we have not tapped some form of energy or power to lift things by anto gravity.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRenegade
I think I saw in a newspaper at some point that they had invented an antigravity machine, but using elctromagnets. The major flaw was that this machine was MASSIVE - it took up a whole building and only had the power to float an apple...

Well hey, the first computer took up a building too, now we have computers on our wrists, and in our pockets.

Also, you all got it wrong. There is no such thing as "Anti-Gravity". Think about it. Oppossite of gravity. What would that do? Repell everything from itself? If there was some anti-gravity substance wouldn't it tear itself apart.

What you should be looking for is "gravifugal" force.
Go google up the word: gravifugal

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
But we call it anti grivity because it would float on air Surely?

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by blobby]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
But we call it anti grivity because it would float on air Surely?

Real antigravity, if it really is possible, should work on any object and in total vacu�m.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"lifters" or the aluminum balsa contraptions are just creating ion win to create thrust.

TheRenegade:
The machine you are talking about is just a huge electromagnet, it does not create antigravity, but it can float a frog inside of it because almost everything is atleast slightly magnetic.

crispexi:
Actually vacume energy, is constantly expanding in space, repeling in all directions from everything. This is why the universe is not only expanding due to the big bang, but the expansion itself is actually speeding up because the vaccum energy between the galaxys is staying the same, while the galaxys themself are being held together less by there gravitational forces on each other.

In my opinion the antigravity-antimatter connection was thought up because all mater has gravity, so wouldn't antimatter have antigravity.

Also in my opinion, there is no TRUE antigravity, but just grav-shielding or grav-canceling. (either of which would be great)

new topics

top topics

join