It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So I've been hearing a lot lately about something to do with our minds creating our outcomes...a.k.a.: the mind manifesting whatever we concentrate on. I for one, do believe there is some validity to this way of thinking. Just wanted to know what fellow ats members think. Does the mind have an effect on what situations we experience as humans? Does concentrating on certain objects and situations that we long for bring us those objects and situations?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do believe that that may be true with large groups of people. However, I don't know how much influence individuals have on events. I suspect there may be some influence; I am not going to venture as to say how much of an influence though.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The power of the mind has always been important. Positive thinking, although a hard thing to maintain, is very powerful. I don't think it's a new thing. I think people have just been trying to make money out of the concept with DVD's and books like "The Truth" that was release lately.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo
Does concentrating on certain objects and situations that we long for bring us those objects and situations?

Hmm, I think that, in a way, it does. Unfortunatly, not in the way that I think you are attempting to convey.

If you concentrate and focus on something or some situation for long enough you will either notice that thing more frequently or indrictly steer yourself in a direction which will allow for the situation to pass.

Think of it like the 'new car' phenomenon: You buy a new red car. Suddenly while driving on the highway, the same route you take every day to work, you realize that there are alot of red cars just like yours on the road...more then the day before you got your new red car.

You are simply noticing the red cars that have always be there because you are subconsciously fixated on them and seeking them out.

My two cents.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Frank_Rizzo said:

"Does concentrating on certain objects and situations that we long for bring us those objects and situations?"

I personally think everything is energy vibrating. Vibration makes sound. Sound makes tones. So everything under the sun (and beyond it) has a unique tone. Even silence has a tone. So with this theory - a thought is a tone. Alot of thoughts on one unique thing would create another tone. I'm not sure if lots of thoughts would just vibrate louder - or if they could possibly echo by being amplified.

I'm beginning to think the answer to this is yes. Let me give you a couple examples.

Say I'm really bored and saw a post by a member here, talking about concepts of free energy and I get really into my reading - and spend two or three evenings reading up on the ideology of perpetual motion. Even during the day while I'm doing my housework, still being fascinated by the subject, I dwell on it, on and off all day. My husband comes home from work, eats his dinner and lays down for a nap. Ten minutes later he awakes and starts rambling about Newton, the theory of relativity being wrong, and has plans in his head how to build a perpetual motion machine, complete with how many degrees apart these magnets need to be placed. He swears I've sat and read him a story. I tell him I didn't do it. The next evening he power naps again - and makes a few minor corrections to his idealistic perpetual motion machine.Lol

He's a t.v. guy - I'm a computer girl. I chalked it up to just coincidence. Or possibly he saw what I was reading over my shoulder.

A few months go by - I'm bored again. I decide to read about something that has long bothered me - the Fatima prophecy. I have many issues with it but sort of got stuck on the text that was released in the third message, where the Pope and members of the Catholic Church are marched up a hill and assassinated by bullets and arrows. So for days I dwelled on my lack of understanding, as to why an army would be using arrows in an age, driven by technology, where the only time you here about arrows is during Bow season for deer.

My son came over to do his laundry and said "Mom I had a dream about Grandpa." Now my father has been deceased for 7 years. In the dream my father had came back to life and we were all visiting together and my son was telling him how glad he was to see him and in the dream my father talked to him about deer hunting - and a new type of arrow that was being invented. Now my son comes over most every evening - but he don't know what I'm reading on the internet.

This has happened to me 4 times now in the past few months. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it's coincidence.

Logically the only way I can think of my bundled thoughts arriving into someone else would be if they were somehow magnetized.

Here's my "thinking out of the box" theory.

Magnetite is a mineral and it is the most magnetic of all naturally occuring minerals on earth. Crystals of magnetite are found in bacteria, birds, turtles and bees and humans. It is these crystals that are thought to be involved in magnetoreception (sensing the magnetic field & navigation). In humans, our magnetite deposits are in our ethmoid bone. This bone seperates our nasal cavity from our brain. According to wikipedia, our magnetite and it's role of magnetoreception is thought to be vestigial ( lost it's function through evolution). It's also possible that a vestigial structure may retain lessor functions or develop new ones.

Can our thoughts be expelled through our nose, somehow having a north and south pole magnetic field, that binds them and then breathed in by someone else?

Are our thoughts now starting to navigate?

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
that is definitely an "out of the box" type theory for sure. I'm not saying that it's not a feaseable theory though. I am doing some more digging on this theory. I recently recieved a dvd entitled "the Secret" which goes into great detail about this very subject. google, and ye shall find.

Rizzo disconnected in 3..2..1

top topics

join