It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Carlin the Prophet of a New Religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In the early 80's apparently George Carlin revealed some secrets of a heretofore obscure religious sect: Frisbeetarianism.

I am an adherent of FSM the Great and Noodly, but this Frisbeetarianism intrigues me.

Frisbeetarianism is a parody religion of obscure origins. The basic tenet is that when you die, your soul goes up on a roof and you can't get it down. A lesser known aspect is the holy event known as "The Ascension", which is where someone comes along with a ladder and collects all the souls.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is not a lot of information on this sect. Perhaps their teachings are secret. Are there any Frisbeetarians here that could enlighten me about their belief in a disc-shaped soul?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Carlin is one of the great thinkers of our time. Granted he has gotten crusty since his wife died but he's always put forth TRUTH in his comedy. He's as much a teacher as a comedian. I've been listening to him for over 30 years and what he says usually makes perfect sense. Don't look at what he's saying here literally. Think abstract and you'll get his point.

Edit to add: He was raised Catholic and has NO love for that religion. That might help with this.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by intrepid]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I adore Carlin. I "get" the thread. I'm kind of being a joker here. It could be fun to expand on the "religion" of Frisbeetarianism. We could at least flesh out the wiki that way.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey, I would be willing to join the Frisbeetarianism...

Great and mighty Mr. Wilson, come and collect me off of the roof of despair, and deliver me on, bringer of the latter, down to the normal depths of reality, so I may be tossed over and over again... *blinks for a second* till I get thrown back on to the roof
and i get trapped...

Ehhh... maybe not.

new topics

top topics

join