It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow the FBI will be able to invade everyone's internet.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
I found some more links that back up one of these posts regarding GW.

Thanks Leyla, but I fear it will just fall on deaf ears... and that is why they keep getting away with doing anything they want...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Originally posted by enjoies05

Originally posted by Spawwwn
File sharing is not illegal. P2P is the same thing as a guy making a dub of a cd, and giving it to his friends.

Yes it is.

Sharing copyrighted music (which is what alot of people download) violates the copyright owner’s rights of reproduction and distribution under U.S. Copyright Law

No it's not.

giving your buddy an unsolicited copy of a copyrighted work is not illegal. it is that fact that you are the original owner, you know him personally, and you are not making money on the transaction that renders it legal. most file shareing does not fall into this category, but it is a valid comparison nevertheless...

dkp

I believe once you've shared over 1,000 times it becomes illegal because it is on a massive scale, whether you are receiving a profit or not.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

Who is inserting chips into people?

Its a company in Ohio- It must be for trial purposes.

If you let them implant a chip in you, how do you KNOW what that chips is capable of?

Proposal to Implant Tracking Chips in Immigrants

Scott Silverman, Chairman of the Board of VeriChip Corporation, has proposed implanting the company's RFID tracking tags in immigrant and guest workers. He made the statement on national television on May 16.

Silverman was being interviewed on "Fox & Friends." Responding to the Bush administration's call to know "who is in our country and why they are here," he proposed using VeriChip RFID implants to register workers at the border, and then verify their identities in the workplace. He added, "We have talked to many people in Washington about using it...."

SOURCE

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This government sickens me to no end.

Today, I am ashamed to be an American. And after the illegal rallies last week, I still have no gotten over that shame. Why do the people let this government continue to exist?

It is clear whos interest they serve.

Theirs.

Not Ours.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
This government sickens me to no end.

Today, I am ashamed to be an American. And after the illegal rallies last week, I still have no gotten over that shame. Why do the people let this government continue to exist?

It is clear whos interest they serve.

Theirs.

Not Ours.

hey, your a mason. you can't say that!
i'm just joking. i'm not an anti-masonite!

it's a twisted world, with lots of luggage.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
DOH! I just got the e-mail from my lodge telling me not to worry, its just apart of our NWO scheme.. taking things up a notch, got to dull and boreing for us.

I get my own software to use to spy on people to!

No, in all seriousness, this is disgusting, and I would love to see the heads of this administration face charges of treason against the nations people for deliberately going around the constitution and judicial rulings to do this.

This is no different then wire taping ect. Only using the net. Wire taping was ruled unconstitutional without a court order.

Of course they just want to find "terrrist"

And for the blind who say "I have nothing to fear"....

How easy is it to plant information on a computer? .. from another location... easy.

How easy would it be for the Gov to see things and come to irrational conclusions and move on false evidence? Easy.

How EASY IS IT FOR THIS SYSTEM TO BE ABUSED?

DAMN easy.

How easy for someone to use information gathered "legally" from your computer as political black mail, or any other form of blackmail?

EASY.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow. I understand why they do this, but we all know they are going to take it too far in its just an excuse for them to invade our privacy.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
LightWorker13, I totally agree with your reasoning and i believe that it is time for us to stop appeasing and being afraid of them spying on us. They already most likely know everything else about us, but now they get to see everything else on the internet, so let them know by putting all the stuff you know out there .

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I found some more links that back up one of these posts regarding GW.

Thanks Leyla, but I fear it will just fall on deaf ears... and that is why they keep getting away with doing anything they want...

If you let them implant a chip in you, how do you KNOW what that chips is capable of? *

I believe people are getting it- Lots posted here, just now with all thats in motion.. What can be done now?

*I wasn't trying to mislead anyone-was a thought really. I said trial for the testing they do for the chip ironing out any kinks or bugs it may have.

(And for christians we believe the chip is the mark of the beast. If obtained that person is doomed. You will not be able to buy or sell anything without the chip. And those who refuse maybe imprisoned or killed. gulps)

This is another matter that comes to mind- just a opinion though. With all the food additives in our food supply now- perhaps this is why people seem to be more accepting with how our government is-submissive or passive perhaps. I had no clue on what our government was doing until I came to ATS. With all the drug commercials I wonder there too if this was part of their deal sneaking away our freedoms under our nose.

[edit on 5/15/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Does this actually provide them with new investigatory powers or just the fact that every ISP now has equipment they can plug straight into remotely?

It doesn't sound too different to the Carnivore system. That was a black box that filtered everything for key words and allegedly only logged only those things that were put into a warrant. The device had to be installed manually as and when they needed to use it.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I AINT DOING NOTHING WRONG SO WHY THE FUSS?

What a load of crap. Our government has no business having the authority to invade our privacy.

The fact that I am doing nothing wrong on this site, may in fact seem to the government that I am. Why would I, a common member of the masses be spending time arguing the towers were not brought down by planes. Or why would I want to seek the truth on UFO's and their link to American military bases?

To me I am just being inquisitive. To someone watching for "words" or "signs" of civil disobedience I may very well be some sort of wacko, militia, anti-government, anarchist type.

Then what if I was to have a flirtatious internet affair? A private, non of your business matter, and then have it come up in some court case to be used against my charecter.

No I am doing nothing wrong, but to someone out in spaceland judging me and people like me (normal folks) I could find my internet entertainment (ATS) come back to haunt me in the future.

Well, there aint nothin I can do about it so I hope they have a big harddrive cause I will keep on "doing nothing wrong."

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Does anybody know exactly what this "deadline" means? What does it do for/to you and I?

It might be useful to research that before you go off about loss of rights and liberty, invasion of privacy, the notion that the government will be listening to every conversation, etc., etc.

Honestly, sometimes I think that the audience here is the most easily mis-led that exists. People take a statement, twist it to make it sound ominous, and the rest of you jump to conclusions without finding out what the real deal is.

I hear talk here all the time about how the government is conditioning us by feeding us bits of propaganda here and there. But I honestly don't see the difference between that and what the fear-mongers here do to you. Please, just because it is stated here on ATS doesn't make it true; in fact, just that fact would make me double-check something that was said.

For example, another thread was discussing the National Driver's License. The discussion soon took the wrong turn into people believing that the government intended to inject an RFID chip in all of us in order to track our every movement. People were actually discussing what to stock up on as far as food and water, for the internal war that will follow.

So, please, before you start putting on the camo and blackface, ask yourself:

What does this "deadline" actually mean?
Are there any laws being circumvented?
What specific rights have I lost as a result of this "deadline"?

OR

Is this "deadline" merely one of the final implementation phases of a law that was passed in 1994?

Do yourself a favor and don't be mis-led so easily. Do some research into the subject before you make a decision.

Just my .02

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
No, in all seriousness, this is disgusting, and I would love to see the heads of this administration face charges of treason against the nations people for deliberately going around the constitution and judicial rulings to do this.

In all seriousness, this administration is nothing compared to the previous administration (the Clinton era), which condoned domestic spying, invasion of privacy, and even outright armed attacks on private citizens — look into the Oklahoma City bombing for glaring indicators that it was a government operation. Look into Hillary Clinton's FileGate operation, using the FBI to provide private information about hundreds and hundreds of American citizens (not criminals, just those who politically opposed her). Look into the release of sophisticated missile targeting technology to China from the Clinton administration, as well as the money trail that ties the Clintons to Chinese military intelligence.

If anybody deserves to face charges of treason, it's Billy and Hilly. But are they being prosecuted? Hell no, you're going to elect them again!

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Has anybody heard what Google hopes to do? Check out this thread ... something sounds fishy to me. Explotation of the Patriot Act seems to be getting out of control. 8 years ago this would have been considered outrageous by people, now it's a becoming a common practice.

Does this bother anybody else?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-5-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I knew this was going to happen, and seeing how Yahoo just made your e-mail storage now UNLIMITED, it wouldnt surprise me if they were in with the FBI on this.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know what I think....bring it on. Do your best.

It is all a part of us figuring out where we stand. The only way to do that, without question, is to get it all out in the open.

I believe it is high time for a complete open book. I will gladly turn my pages for all to see.

If this is restricted in any way, you can bet there is something to hide.

Now, what is sauce for the Goose is also sauce for the Gander. There for, this rule should apply here also. I am happy to show all of my activities to the world for scrutiny. We should all fall under the same set of rules.

I am in complete agreement with this, and it should apply for all Citizens equally, with no exceptions. All Government activities should be the first on the list for scrutiny, as their actions are a direct response to the society they are empowered to represent, their employers. This is standard policy in a democratic society. There should be no secrets here, because hidden agendas are a liscence for corruption.

Is there some way US citizens can vote this legislation into action?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
With an election around the corner, is it possible tfor Citizens to vote in a law that makes disclosure of all activities mandatory.

If the Government is so honest and looking out for all of the US Citizens, what do they need to hide from...China? China is on the other side of the World, and they just want us to keep buying their products.

National security is a cop out. If the US stayed at home and minded their own business, Homeland Security would not be an issue.

That does not condone criminal activity, in fact if people could see all of what goes on there would be a lot less criminal activity. People would be held accountable for their actions, without immunity. Who does that statement make nervous? Not me.

Is it time for Citizens to take over control of their affairs? Don't laugh, we have certainly lost a great deal of freedom since we kicked the Queen's representatives out. Maybe we should put the queen back in power here. At least she makes no bones about being the fat cat in the land.

64 Flags, but not many responses. Is that it, we just roll over, exposing our back sides, again?

Yes, make it law, but a law that affects all of the people in the system, even the President.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A video that may confirm it all.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
And, since I do nothing illegal on the internet, I should be worried ?

Why ?

Pondering,
Lex

You should be worried because:

A) There is no justifiable reason for the government to be monitoring your internet and phone conversations. Despite their false claims about it being necessary to "prevent another 911" (note that they were already tapping illegally before 911 and it was not prevented, in fact it has been proven that the government knew about 911 and still failed to even attempt preventing it)

B) The FBI is a federal police agency, it is a direct violation of the US Constitution to create or maintain a federal police force.

C) The FBI (as well as other government agencies) has been known to engage in blackmail and other illegal activity.

D) Just because it is officially being done by the FBI does not mean that others do not also have access. (the NSA for example)

E) The NSA (National Security Agency) has been secretly requiring Microsoft to include special access codes for them in all versions of the Windows operating system from Windows 95 OSR2 onward.

See: benfrank.net...

This is obviously the next phase of a plan which has been in the works for many years, the access keys are useless - unless they have a means of connecting to the computers over the internet.

So what you really should be worried about is what their actual intentions are. Based upon their own actions, it is safe to assume that it is not in your best interest.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join