It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is so wrong with me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For the past... whole life.. I've had nothing but hard times and rotten luck? Some of what has happened, happened cause of bad choices... but what about the rest. Why can't I seem to find a job that pays me enough to survive? Why can't I maintain relationships with decent guys (this is where my bad choices come in), and why are the only guys that I can keep around are total losers? Why am I always so unhappy and depressed?

I know this sounds like i'm wallowing in my own self pity, cause right now I am. I just want to know... am I the only one.. or is this common?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sister girl, my life is a shambles now too. Every day is an effort, I don't know what my crazy ex is going to do next, to me or the kids. My life and the children's lives are held in the hands of a family court that won't listen to the fact that my daughter is being emotionally abused by her father.

I hear you. Not only that I feel you, too. Some things are about our own bad choices, and sometimes it's just life. Life is hard, but it's all we have so we have to make the best of it and hope that things smooth over some day.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
life just sucks period.

sometimes things a pleasurable, but mostly they are annoying and painful in different ways.

but I see the glass half empty already.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've had plenty of those life sucks moments and then something will make me laugh or feel good no matter how small it may be. Believe me its worth persevering, something wonderful could be just around the corner.

If its dark now just remember the suns still going to come up tomorrow, unless of course some aliens destroy it with some super weapon, then were all toast anyway.

(lys, you need to keep your bar stocked mate, my glass is ALWAYS half full, mmmm bourbon).

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thank you for your support.

I know what it's like to live a life of uncertainty, Major Malfunction... I'm sorry your having a hard time with it as well. I hope the family courts will start listening to you, and things turn out better.

I understand life is a pendulum with highs and lows... just feels like all i get are lows, and not enough highs.

Then again the FSM thread really did put a smile on my face and I don't think I've laughed like that in a long time. Doesn't dissipate my depression, but it at least makes it more tolerable.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
To quote Joyce Brown, phycologist from the radio, LETS NOT GO TO THAT PITTY PARTY.

Life sucks- its not easy to live, get the perfect jobs, the perfect friends, husbands, wives, etc.

Thank your higher power everyday for the things You do have- count your many blessings. Save the pitty for the people in Congo dying of starvation, people with a terminal illness, etc.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU. OR ME.

Envision yourself having what you want (within reason), having that great job, having money, and the Universe will give those things to you in time.
Even if you dont have money, thank God/the Universe for the money you have- and the key is "envision" - Try to be positive.

Look at my signature- I dont have an internet connection, because i didnt have enough money to continue paying it, but thru positive thinking, i now have a job and i WILL have Internet very very soon. It may not seem important at all, but it is to me.

You are not a loser- stop thinking and behaving as one. Take yourself up a notch and think good things will come your way and they will.

I promise.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sometimes life sucks and everything seems to go wrong. But, then if you believe hard enough and work towards your goals long enough it will turn around. Until then count your blessings. I'm guessing that if you look you will find that you do have lots of blessings; concentrate on them and keep the faith. I've found that if you look for the positives and keep the faith things turn out as they are meant to.

I do understand about sucky choices in men. Been there done that; got the t-shirt. Now I have my girlfriends screen them works lots better.

Keep your chin up and keep faith in yourself; let us know how it goes.

dg; I'm glad things are looking up for you. I've missed you.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
all i can say is ive been there, and everythign pans out.... life is all about balanced and wether someone likes it or not everything will balance out... youre goin through some rough times right now, things will get better.. it will balance, then you will have more rough times.. the some good ones

its just a cycle of balance that never ends, appreciate the small things, sometimes the big picture is to large to look at.

above all be happy with YOURSELF, be content with YOURSELF. cant find the right guys? screw them. the job thing can be alittle more difficult to shake off because, hey.. wbe all need money, its a necassity now days, unfortnatly.. but just try and be happy and the world will change around you

theres nothing wrong with you, theres something wrong with everyone

[edit on 14-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sometimes we have to be introspective and consider what we may be doing wrong in our lives. If we continue to act oblivious of these mistakes, then we will go round and round in circles.

Not always the case, but often.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Again thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it and I'm gad to know that this is a common issue.

SteveR, I am reflecting alot on my current actions. I know what I've done wrong, and am trying to change the internal tide in myself that sabotages my desires, that some how affects my choices. Change comes slowly though... nothing changes overnight. Thank you so much for your help.

I just got to get out of this... depression I've been in since i was 18... I mean permanently out of it.. not getting a break for some months or so. Being optimistic is hard after almost 10 years of crud, I'm running out of blessings to count... and I'm running out of stuff to put in the glass.

I know there are people worse off. I understand that as things go, it could be worse... but again after so many years you can't keep thinking about the aid babies in Africa, and all the death and devastation. Just makes you worse.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do what George Costanza did! Take one day, and do absolutely everything opposite of the way you usually do it. You will get completely different results!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think we all believe the romanticized version of the beautiful life, but almost no one has that. We all suffer tragedies and failures, so we have to focus on the small transient pleasures and enjoy them when they happen. Most of us put on a public face trying to appear that we are much better off and happier than we are, so we all get fooled thinking we are alone. We aren't, and we have to recognize that most of us are in the same boat. It doesn't help our situation, but at least we don't feel so isolated.

As an antique male I've noticed over my life that most women are more attracted to the guys who are dominant and self-confident, the guys with a well developed ego and are often moderate sociopaths. Those guys are frequently assholes who haven't the empathy, sensitivity or intelligence to recognize that they have nothing to offer, and are often parasites.

What can women do about it? The suggestion of building a group of other women who can evaluate the guy is a good one (if the person listens to them), and it wouldn't hurt to find a couple of caring, sweet, gay guys to be friends with. They can usually spot the male jerks better than women can. Get their opinions of any potential boyfriends, too.

Occam

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's so true, Occam. Gay guys make the best girlfriends. And certain ones usually have better wardrobe, skin care products and makeup to borrow.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Occam, believe me I listen to my girlfriends. My choices in men really suck big time. I had not thought about the caring gay guy before. Makes sense

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I love life. Get rid of all the negativity in your life. Focus on the positive and then positive things will start to happen. The law of attraction.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
Do what George Costanza did! Take one day, and do absolutely everything opposite of the way you usually do it. You will get completely different results!

dude... best episode ever...

sorry for interupting

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
biotic... it's ok, I think this thread needs to get out of my self wallowingness. Don't worry about highjacking the thread... anything you want to talk about is fine... at least in my opinion...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
na i know how you feel, check my rants

i have pleanty of threads that are in the same boat as this one

just going through "rough times" or something.. i know how you feel, honestly..

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry things have been rough for you too. I guess misery loves company, though that wasn't my intent. I just wanted to know if i was defective in more ways than my bad choices... or if i pissed some deity off. You know about those ninja monkeys....

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
thats what the BTS community is here for

we're like a big sad happy crazy funny stupid smart family that dosnt hold anything back... or something

you know?

i don't

top topics

<<   2 >>

join