It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted 5/13/07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I haven't posted in some time, but wanted to share this experience from 5/13/07. I will do my best to describe the particulars of the event. Of course, I did not have my camera handy, and I think it was too far away to get a good picture.

Date: 5/13/07
Time: Approximately 8:15 p.m.
Viewing Direction: North East

We (three adults) were sitting on the porch after dinner. The sky was clear and there were many stars. My wife turned to me and pointed. She said that the object she was looking at was not a star. I turned and started watching. It was off in the distance, but was definitely brighter than the stars. it was oblong and appeared to be radiating or pulsing. I was skeptical but continued to watch. It moved quickly to the left. The strangest thing happened after that. A "beam" of light appeared from the bottom, then the beam vanished. it did the beam thing three times. Then the object became very bright and vanished.

For the record, two of us were not drinking, our sighting was unobstructed, and the entire episode lasted about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what it was, but it was not an plane. The "beam" was concentrated and not a search light.

Any thoughts, ideas or questions?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What color was the beam?

How do you know it was not a helicopter or plane? Can you elabroate on how you know the "beam" was not a searchlight?

Can you post a sketch?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No beacon lights or movements similiar to an airplane. Even helicopters have that strobe effect light. The beam was a process, if that makes sense. It came out of the bottom of the object and then moved toward the ground. The beam disappeared and repeated the process two more times.
I'm not very good at drawing, sorry.

The beam was white.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Eyesofbear]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear
No beacon lights or movements similiar to an airplane. Even helicopters have that strobe effect light. The beam was a process, if that makes sense. It came out of the bottom of the object and then moved toward the ground. The beam disappeared and repeated the process two more times.
I'm not very good at drawing, sorry.

The beam was white.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Eyesofbear]

did the beam move straight down from your perspective, or at an angle?

Did the beam vary in brightness as it moved down? Could you tell whether it illuminated the ground?

Did you note what constellation(s) the object was in? What was it's angular size compared to say, the rectangle of Lyra?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From where we were sitting, the beam appeared to move straight down. I think what you are saying is what I saw. The beam moved in stages to the ground. I can't be sure it went to the ground as we were quite a distance away.

I am not sure what constellations were in the sky. We were sitting on the porch in Wareham MA looking Northeast or towards Plymouth.

If I had to describe the beam of light, I would say it looked like something you would catch on timed lapse photos.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The reason I ask is, to really rule out a searchlight, we have to consider the case where a searchlight might be pointed at the ground in a direct toward or away from you. If this were done in stages, then it would appear to be moving downward, but I would expect it's brightness to vary as well. Also, the direction would not be likely to be straight toward or away from yout(although this is possible).

How high above the horizon was the object?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It was half way up in the sky. I was using the treeline to judge it.
As far as whether it was a search light, it did not appear to have any of the characteristics of a search light. I grew up on or around military bases, and I've flown single engine planes for over 10 years. This was not a plane and that was not a search light, or at least no plane or searchlight I have ever seen.

After the last "beam" shot, it just disappeared. That is not a typical plane characteristic.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would be curious to know if any other South Shore posters saw anything strange in the sky last night.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
THanks for sharing your sighting! Very intriguing. In Florida it's been too smokey to see #e for the past 6 days but I think tonight it's gonna be cleared up so hopefully I see some beam action too.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That is the first "official" siting I have had. I have to admit it wasn't much, but it was certainly strange. I guess I have become a skeptical believer. I was speaking last night with a friend who live just south of Plymouth and he claims that UFO sightings are commonplace around here.

I guess anything short of the UFO landing in the front yard and ET waving out the windows is still going to leave me wanting more.

new topics

top topics

join