It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Cash 'Funds Islamist Terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

observer.guardian.co.uk

Cannabis smokers are unwittingly funding Islamist extremists linked to terror attacks in Spain, Morocco and Algeria, according to a joint investigation by the Spanish and French secret services. The finding will be seized on both by campaigners for a harsher clampdown on cannabis and by those who argue that legalisation is the only way to end a petty dealing trend that is dragging growing numbers of teenagers into crime.
The investigation by the Centro Nacional de Inteligencia and the Renseignements Generaux was launched after Spanish police found that the Islamists behind the March 2004 bombings in Madrid bought their explosives from former miners in return for blocks of hashish. The bombings claimed 191 lives.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In my time I know I have been funding the Lebanese civil war. It has dawned on me.

But this I didn't know. Always thought it was motorcycle gangs in Amsterdam that profitted on peoples recreational habits.

I would think twice paying 20-30 times what the farmer gets.

observer.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

``````````````````
edit to remove suggestion of illegal activity

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

T&C's

[edit on 14/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If governments are complaining about this, then they should just legalize it so it becomes an above-board trade like anything else.

I have no sympathy for governments complaining that drug money gets funneled into criminal organizations, since it is their own policies that create that situation.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find this insulting, considering the amount of drug running the intelligence services do themselves! All that has to be said really is, LEGALIZE IT! But noooo, legalization is a threat to multi-billion dollar corporations, so we can't have that now can we..

No argument, no debate, Cannabis should be legal, fullstop.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The reason the police do not like legalization is that unlike alcohol, they cannot test you on the spot for how high you are. If someone made a PBT for pot the law enforcement community would not care as much. Many cops think it is a waste of time to mess with a little weed, BUT they do believe driving under the influence must be enforced. As it stands today, getting a conviction with a blood test is too hard.

1. Legalize weed.
2. STOP subsidizing farmers to grow tobacco.
3. TAX the holy hell out of weed. (It still will be no higher than average street price.)
4. Make it ILLEGAL to have an "unsealed" package of marijuana in a car. Meaning, buy it, take it home and leave it there.
5. No more deficit, less farming subsidies, no more "funding terrror" (which I DO NOT BUY at all), cops can focus on more important crimes.
6. Make the penalties for driving high HARSH.

How many problems did I just solve?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
But, but, but... how will we fund our clandestine operations without drug money? How can we cause coups and arm terrorists without our CIA drug game?

really tho..

Back to the OPs post, I have to say that this is not related to the drug trade here. How many people in the US do you know who have a foreign connection for hash? Most of our hash here is created domestically anyway, right?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Opium, Heroin and Cocaine users fund premier league terrorists such as MI6, and CIA -- they have done for years. The Islamic extremists are probably moving that Hash for, or with, Spanish Intelligence. The French can shut up as well, before someone points out how many tonnes of raw Opium they've processed in the past.

Cup of Tea, anyone?

*Nobusuke Tagomi vomits...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12SeVeN34
But, but, but... how will we fund our clandestine operations without drug money? How can we cause coups and arm terrorists without our CIA drug game?

really tho..

Back to the OPs post, I have to say that this is not related to the drug trade here. How many people in the US do you know who have a foreign connection for hash? Most of our hash here is created domestically anyway, right?

Clandestine operations are funded via. coke, heroine, opium, pills and meth... pot is small potatoes and the margins are too small.

In my area, almost all available good pot is locally grown... from what I am told. It is "schwag" brick pot that comes from god knows where. Hash and has oil are not very common in the midwest, but since it is a condensed product I could see it being imported from just about anywhere.

This is just an excuse to bust small time highons and seize their property.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As the link suggests, this will be used to further clamp down on the users, as it will to demand tougher penalties.

Drugs has always been a mean to finance wars, and it's public secret (at least in these forums) that CIA since Vietnam have been in the business, but as Pootie says, pot is 'small potatoes' in that game. No coincidence Afghan opium production have reach new hights since US went there.

There obviously os a worldwide conspiracy to let law enforcement pursue pot users and let the hard drug users go free. It's like that in Denmark around Christiania, and it's like that in Australia around the collectives and communes in the New England area.

Chase the smokers and let the junkies die on public toilets.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what I load of rubbish, It's like the story I posted about a year or so ago about how people who where buying cigarettes on line where also supporting the terrorists, man whats next.
And has been mentioned most weed is local I know mine is.

I have no numbers but my opinion is most grow opps up here anyway, are mom and pop setups who take pride in quality.

Puts me mind of that old 1933 propaganda film Reefer madness

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

The investigation by the Centro Nacional de Inteligencia and the Renseignements Generaux was launched after Spanish police found that the Islamists behind the March 2004 bombings in Madrid bought their explosives from former miners in return for blocks of hashish.

(visit the OP link for the full news article)

The way i understand this information is that the 'former miners'
who had explosive products for sale....decided for themselves just
what kind of payment they wanted....instead of cash or diamonds
the suppliers of explosives opted for kilos of hashish.

As opposed to the version that the Islamist extremists were shopping around for explosives with a stash of bricks/kilos of hashhish as their bankroll for trade.

i wonder if the Spainish Islamist extremists had no connections with the heroin merchants/warlords/Taliban over in Afghanistan as a primary source of goods or funds...and so had to deal in hash from Morroco or all those Bosnian & etc. connections

[ just another program of baiting the popculture mind ]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie
The reason the police do not like legalization is that unlike alcohol, they cannot test you on the spot for how high you are.

True, but if your high its pretty hard to hide your bloodshot eyes, pale face, aswell as the general odour that accompanies a good smoking session

Smoking whilst on dope is not as dangerous as they make it out to be, unless you cant handle your ganja/its your first time. Many people can drive whilst extremely high, and i have been in the passenger seat on hundreds of occassions, and IMHO they actually driver BETTER than half of the people out on the roads.

I would be more worried about old drivers and adults who just don't care for the safety of other drivers eg by speeding etc.

And as for ganja being "small potatoes", it is in terms of selling it, however several major industries depend on hemp being illegal, otherwise they would go out of business extremely quickly.

Its all about the money, one way or another. It has NEVER been about the safety for the general public.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Drugs has always been a mean to finance wars, and it's public secret (at least in these forums) that CIA since Vietnam have been in the business, but as Pootie says, pot is 'small potatoes' in that game.

I'm pretty sure CIA was involved since its creation in the late 1940's, when they succeeded the OSS. I would have to check my copy of The Politics Of Heroin for the exact facts, but I'm positive they were involved before Vietnam.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I live i London and I believe this could have something to do with the up-coming election. This is obviously propoganda and this may lead to more votes in favour of gordon brown and the labour party. His counterpart wishes to legalise cannabis and i'm sure this may cause quite a stir here in London.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobusuke Tagomi
I'm pretty sure CIA was involved since its creation in the late 1940's, when they succeeded the OSS. I would have to check my copy of The Politics Of Heroin for the exact facts, but I'm positive they were involved before Vietnam.

Sure they were. It probably started with the invasion of Sicily. A top mafia boss was pardoned (I have the name in another thread, but can't find it right now) and send to arrange a smooth landing with the clans on the island.

Didn't wanted to overstate, so I put it at Nam.

The Politics Of Heroin, is that something you can post a link to?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The economy would suffer too much if they legalized pot. Who would work an eighty hour week, so they can barely pay their rent and be hungry? NO - The world's labor forces would be hopelessly pot locked, transforming the planet in a giant Jamaica, where people only want to have Fun and farm.

Looks like they'll have to devise a sub-cutaneous chip in order to track all transactions.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sure they were. It probably started with the invasion of Sicily. A top mafia boss was pardoned (I have the name in another thread, but can't find it right now) and send to arrange a smooth landing with the clans on the island.

Didn't wanted to overstate, so I put it at Nam.

But to put it at Vietnam would be to understate, especially as their predecessors, OSS, were also involved in the trade. Vietnam is a too late.

It's a book by Professor Alfred W. McCoy (available from Amazon). You might be able to find a .pdf of it somewhere, if you don't feel like buying it. Although having read it, I can assure you it's worth the money if you are interested in this subject.

Originally posted by X I I I
This is obviously propoganda and this may lead to more votes in favour of gordon brown and the labour party. His counterpart wishes to legalise cannabis and i'm sure this may cause quite a stir here in London.

Good point, I didn't think of that. It would seem this article is pure Fish whichever way you look at it -- unless of course you're a mindless Parrot, then it's the most nutritious of Parrot feeds.

In a few years, anyone caught with anything over an 1/8th of Cannabis will be jailed for Terrorism if these rotting people get their way.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
WOW is there nothing else Islamic Terrorists can not do? they seem to be responsible for every problem on the face of the earth at the moment. Soon people will be able to blame there own crimes theve commited on the nonsense of Islamic Terrorism. Just like the Opium production in Afghanistan has gone out of control since the war, CIA profits must be going through the roof. Oh dear the French and Spanish goverments are sinking to a new low and clutching at straws. I come to expect it from Spain and there very tough stance they have with criminals and there I.D scheme, maybe Franco's coming back from the dead. I thought it was proved that Al'Qaeda didn't have nothing to do with the train bombings? or am i mistaken?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobusuke Tagomi

It's a book by Professor Alfred W. McCoy (available from Amazon). You might be able to find a .pdf of it somewhere, if you don't feel like buying it. Although having read it, I can assure you it's worth the money if you are interested in this subject.

Originally posted by X I I I
This is obviously propoganda and this may lead to more votes in favour of gordon brown and the labour party. His counterpart wishes to legalise cannabis and i'm sure this may cause quite a stir here in London.

Good point, I didn't think of that. It would seem this article is pure Fish whichever way you look at it -- unless of course you're a mindless Parrot, then it's the most nutritious of Parrot feeds.

In a few years, anyone caught with anything over an 1/8th of Cannabis will be jailed for Terrorism if these rotting people get their way.

Alfred W. McCoy, sure I'm familar with him. Did a thread, "War on terror financed by drugs", partly build around an interview with him.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But i didn't know that title. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it's a good point X I I I brings up. Scary perspectives. Seems they would like to turn people to the CIA delivered drugs, heroin and cocain.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah,
not really the case in my neck of the woods - can't get a bit of green for love nor money - something else to blame on islamic extremists I suppose

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join