It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Head-Debate-Guy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, there has been a Regime Change in the Debating forum. But your new Debating Emperor needs your assistance.

Firstly, I need judges, lots of judges. If you are interested in being a debating judge u2u me.

Secondly, I need members to u2u me to express their interest in participating in the ATS Debates.

Thirdly, I would like people to feel free to u2u me any interesting topics they might think of, Ideally they would be of worldwide relevance. But perhaps some good regional ones might get a look-in if we have competitors from the same region.

Okay, to begin with, we are not going to jump back into a fully fledged tournament. We are going to run a few 'skirmish' style debate battles for a few weeks (worth a few hundred points or so) to run any bugs out and make sure all aspects are covered. Then when we get enough people a tournament will be run. Although its possible the tournament structure could change quite dramatically.

So, everyone who is interested in debating, judging, or topics, u2u me and let me know. Or if you have any suggestions on ways to better the debate forum, also let me know.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Kano, you will do a great job!!!!!!!

We have had several people as head debate person, so if the spot ever opens up again I would like to be a candidate for the head debate person. Kano, I am not saying you will leave the position and I hope you hold the position for a long time. I know I asked a long time ago to be in condiseration for this position but just wanted to remind the forum staff.

I would also like to be in the next debate Kano please. I wouldnt mind being a judge in the same debate tournament
J/K

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
As a prior judge, I again offer my services to the grand debate "Emperor".

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Status update, still requiring a few debators to start the first few skirmishes off. Some interesting topics have come in, but keep them coming.

Pretty much set for judges now, although there may be some sort of rotating judging panel. To allow judges to participate when they are not on the panel.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
whenwill the debates start? I'm hoping for asap

edit- some topics:

- Revive that NWO/PNAC debate that William and I attempted

- 2. The government has the right to decide if cloned food should be labeled. (or, just, cloned food should be labeled, if you wanna leave the governmental representation issue alone)

- 5. The political development of the US has been strongly influenced by a variety of secret societies (more so than by people demanding change and voting)

- 6. Pre-emptive attack is an acceptable "diplomatic" manuever

- 7. The current balance between state and federal government is beneficial to our citizens (assuming US-centric view)

- Terry Shciavo case....

- 3. Affirmative action programs have worked.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by DramaQueen]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here's a kooky debate topic, that will be big now that Pete Rose just admitted his Baseball betting...

Should Pete Rose be allowed/ or never allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Not an earth shaking topic, but heated among some people.

join