It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old victim brought to court in chains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

11-year-old victim brought to court in chains

www.azcentral.com

VINELAND, Minn. - The 11-year-old boy was led from his school in handcuffs, held overnight in a juvenile detention center, and hauled into court in shackles and an orange prison jumpsuit.

His crime? Missing a court date to testify as the victim of an assault.

The treatment of the boy, a member of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, has reignited a decades-old feud between the tribe and officials from the surrounding county in central Minnesota.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
www.politicalgateway.com
www.earthtimes.org
washingtontimes.com

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is a shock and an outrage! It's unimaginable that they could treat a child this way. Don't get me wrong, it was wrong of the boy and his family to miss the court date. I do believe that it is important to respect that law. However, throwing the kid in jail, and then bringing him to court in shackles, isn't that overdoing it.

Really, where shackles nessacary? The boy wasn't being viloent or threatening anyone. Years ago when I a scout working on a citizenship merit badge, I had to sit in on a court session to see how the system works. They brought in people who had done viloent and much more dangerous things without shackles. I can't understand why they felt it nessacary to shackle a child for missing court! This kind of treatment was uncalled for in this case.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Uh that is kinda strange...I don't know if that article presented both sides of the picture, but if it is as it appears then I would agree that it was over-done. I wouldn't put blame on the eleven year old for missing a court date. That is the parent's duty...and the shackles...completley unneccessary unless the kid was hurting himself or others, but I doubt it.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Uh that is kinda strange...I don't know if that article presented both sides of the picture. . .

That is why I posted several other sources. For some reason, the News Forum split my post in two.

PLEASE SEE THE RELATED LINKS IN THE FIRST POST FOR A WELL ROUNDED LOOK AT THIS!

Tim

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The courts actions are deplorable. Why is a child being punished for the actions, or lack there of by his parents. He is a minor and cannot be expected to be held accountable for missing a court date. This is something that his parents should be responsible for.

I understand that they have procedure regarding having the individual handcuffed/chained. But a bit of common sense should've been used when dealing with an 11 year who hasn't even commited a crime. This story is a great example of individuals in power abusing their authority and justifying it with "policy".

[edit on 14-5-2007 by InSanE1]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Of course. Why does this not surprise me? They are training are kids to be submissive to the government at all cost. They will be the government when we are seniors. Think how much worse it will be then.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back in Utah, they are charging 46 kids with felonies for watching a fight between students:

www.sltrib.com...

About 80 students in alleged riot to be charged

BRIGHAM CITY --Dozens of students will be charged with rioting after a fight at a Brigham City park last week.
About 80 students turned out to watch a fight between girls at John Adams Park on May 2. Some boys joined in the fray.
Now 47 students and one adult will be charged with felony rioting for their participation in the incident. The remaining youths are being charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Most of the students were from Box Elder Middle School, but high school students and students from outside the district also were involved.
The investigation is being aided by photos and video that teens shot with their cell phones.
School officials say several students are being suspended.
Police and school officials say the fight was sparked by racial slurs and name-calling.

------------

Literally, what we are watching here is the criminalization of childhood itself. It is the satanic police superstate feeding on its own young. Though no doubt the sheeple will convince themselves its all about safety.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
And people like shots call the UK a police state because we have CCTV. Not to mention the fact that 90% of CCTV is privately owned by business and residents for protection of property.

At least we don't shackle kids, shoot people on their wedding day, beat unarmed protesters without provocation... Honestly.. I could go on and on, but you get the picture...

Or is the criteria for a Police State not violence and cruelty towards it's citizens, but rather just wanting to record a crime in progress?

new topics

top topics

join