It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter recovers from in-flight power failure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter recovers from in-flight power failure

www.flightgl obal.com

“We had some very unusual electrical transient through the airplane,” says Joint Strike Fighter programme executive officer US Air Force Brig Gen Charles Davis. “All the electrics dropped offline and came back after a few milliseconds.”

Lockheed confirms: “The test pilot observed a partial failure of the electrical power system. The issue required that the pilot return to base and the 45min flight was slightly shorter than planned. Although the aircraft’s redundant systems worked, we wanted to recover the aircraft to investigate the fault as soon as possible.” The JSF uses electrical power to control all its primary flight control surfaces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
for a fighter that depends on electrical signals for all its primary flight control subsystems it is very troubling to have electrical problems. all though the flight team says their will not be any schedule impacts from my experience with complex projects all small things have major impacts and cost implications. what do you guys think will be the impact ?

www.flightgl obal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thats why they call it flight test.

However, I wonder if they were testing EM weapons on or near the aircraft to see how it would respond?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Its only on its 19th test flight. EM testing at this point would seem out of place to me but then again things sometimes move faster then they should these days. Its power failure was only for like 2 seconds too and then it returned so whatever it was it fixed its self or they caught it. either way I dont think this means or should be used by critics to bash the plane. Its in flight testing for pete sakes this stuff happens and it should happen now not later!

new topics

top topics

join