It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - Is it a real threat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think some of you are taking the FSM a little seriously. He isn't an actual religion, he is a point. Why is the idea of an omnipotent spaghetti god any less ridiculous than an omnipotent spirit god? There is no proof of either beyond belief.

If I choose to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, creator of mountains, trees and midgits, why should I be ridiculed? People believe in a god who created the same things and aren't allowed to be ridiculed.

And AryanWatcher, the Church of the FSM doesn't make fun of Christianity, it makes fun of organised religion in general.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Seriously, if you have to eat your god, what do you prefer:

Some flat bread and grape juice or a hearty pasta dinner?

You be the judge ...

The Lords Supper is just sybolism to remember Him. I'm sorry..I respect your views. But you know I'm a christian and thats what I was taught. I am a little saddened by this. :shk:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
No offense meant, Leyla, but the communion transubstantiates the bread and wine into body and blood. It just seems odd to those of us who don't believe because it does appear that believers are being told to devour their god.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The term "much ado about nothing" certainly comes to mind here.
For the record, I'm a god fearing man. When I was sick years ago, I did a whole lot of praying, and the God I choose to pray to came through for me. I don't preach to anybody, nor do I criticize anyone for their personal beliefs. If someone chooses to believe that god doesn't exist, who are we to criticize? I believe I've heard a term before that goes something like "Judge not, lest you be judged."
Let's face it, with the horrors that go on in this world on an increasing scale every day, there's a pretty strong argument about whether god does/does not exist.
Personally, I think this FSM thing is creative and tongue in cheek. Heck, here on BTS, I myself have created a thread called "The Perfect Religion!!!!!" See here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It is nothing more than my stupid humor. Harmless.
I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but let's face it, don't take yourself so seriously people.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
k

The Last Supper had Jesus and his disciples together. I don't think they literlly meant eating a god-eww lol Its just for rememberance of Jesus. Its just all symbolism perhaps all created by the Roman Catholic Church.

I didn't see your post Lombozo until after I posted-

Originally posted by lombozo
The term "much ado about nothing" certainly comes to mind here.
For the record, I'm a god fearing man. When I was sick years ago, I did a whole lot of praying, and the God I choose to pray to came through for me. I don't preach to anybody, nor do I criticize anyone for their personal beliefs. If someone chooses to believe that god doesn't exist, who are we to criticize? I believe I've heard a term before that goes something like "Judge not, lest you be judged."
Let's face it, with the horrors that go on in this world on an increasing scale every day, there's a pretty strong argument about whether god does/does not exist.
Personally, I think this FSM thing is creative and tongue in cheek. Heck, here on BTS, I myself have created a thread called "The Perfect Religion!!!!!" See here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It is nothing more than my stupid humor. Harmless.
I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but let's face it, don't take yourself so seriously people.

Oh please no more religions please lol. Lombozo I saw a few of your posts.
You really do think too much sometimes. lol

[edit on 5/16/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here, Leyla, this is what I was referring to:

Theology of transubstantiation

"Substance" here means what something is in itself. (For more on the philosophical concept, see Substance theory.) A hat's shape is not the hat itself, nor is its colour the hat, nor is its size, nor its softness to the touch, nor anything else about it perceptible to the senses. The hat itself (the "substance") has the shape, the colour, the size, the softness and the other appearances, but is distinct from them. While the appearances, which are referred to by the philosophical term accidents, are perceptible to the senses, the substance is not.

When at his Last Supper Jesus said: "This is my body", what he held in his hands still had all the appearances of bread: these "accidents" remained unchanged. However, the Roman Catholic Church believes that, when Jesus made that declaration,[1] the underlying reality (the "substance") of the bread was converted to that of his body. In other words, it actually was his body, while all the appearances open to the senses or to scientific investigation were still those of bread, exactly as before. The Church holds that the same change of the substance of the bread and of the wine occurs at the consecration of the Eucharist.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry MM perhaps this discussion should be started in another thread. I didn't mean to sidetrack this thread.

[edit on 5/16/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have been spending the last few days trying to escape from the FSM.

It is a threat. It just attacked me in the shower, I threw my towel over it and legged it naked around the house.

I feel very lucky to have not been touched by it's noodly bits.

The threat is real people, do not be side tracked by all the sauce.

SR

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I think some of you are taking the FSM a little seriously. He isn't an actual religion, he is a point. Why is the idea of an omnipotent spaghetti god any less ridiculous than an omnipotent spirit god? There is no proof of either beyond belief.

If I choose to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, creator of mountains, trees and midgits, why should I be ridiculed? People believe in a god who created the same things and aren't allowed to be ridiculed.

And AryanWatcher, the Church of the FSM doesn't make fun of Christianity, it makes fun of organised religion in general.

All i know is that i'd rather go to a heaven that has beer volcanoes as far as the eye can see, and it has a stripper factory and even the Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have VD....MEH your in dead anyway VD won't be that big a deal.. Truly FSM is a deity of the people!!!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I feel very lucky to have not been touched by it's noodly bits.

ChikeyMonkey - Don't be so sure...If MM and others have their way...The DAY is not far that you too would be touched by His Noodely Appendage.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No, FSM doesn't believe in shoving his faith down everyone's throats. As He said in the Eight "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts":

I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou ass when describing My Noodly Greatness. If some people don't believe in Me, that's OK. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them, so don't change the subject.

FSM loves you whether you believe in Him or not. But if you don't, when you die, you might not be allowed in the nicer parts of heaven. You might not get to go to the Beer Volcano OR the Stripper Factory.

But that's your choice and FSM in His Noodly Goodness allows you to make it freely.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
AryanWatch! Convert now for the Flying Spaghetti Monster is your Lord. If you don't you will go to hell when you die where the beer is stale and the strippers have venereal disease!! YOU DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN let thy be touched by his noodly appendage and your soul will be saved at once.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
MM & DS - I'am really thinking of taking up this option and convert...That is if his Noodly Self has no issues.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
FSM welcomes converts from all religions with open ... noodly bits.

Welcome to heaven, the stripper factory is on the left, next to the beer volcano. Here is your eyepatch and pirate regalia.

Aaaaaargh!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Now that I've read my entire Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I can tell all readers teetering on the brink of joining the very best part!

Pastafarianism has a 30-day God-back guarantee!!!

Try FSM for 30 days and if you are not fully satisfied, your old god will almost certainly take you back.

RAmen

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

your old god will almost certainly take you back.

MM - Can't we follow FSM with our already existing religion? Why do we neeed to ditch our current god for the sake of FSM? Just curious....

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You DON'T have to -- FSM will accept you with open ... noodly bits regardless.

It's just that some people are uncomfortable following more than one supreme being, so the FSM in His Infinite Wisdom, always offers a comfortable alternative.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hope all of you have been to see the Holiest of Holies! Pirates of the Caribbean is our equivalent of the 'Passion of Christ'. It details the struggles the almighty Pirates had to go through. Days without any rum, being slapped by former lovers.....

Heartbreaking, yet deeply inspiring.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
As I nod solemnly, I say to you:

"Yes. Yes, it is."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join