It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian High Energy EM Pulse Breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
High energy pulse physics just got a boost from new Russian multi-Gigawatt EM Pulse generators. But how long before this is used in weapons?

MOSCOW. (Yury Zaitsev for RIA Novosti) - A group of Russian scientists from Tomsk, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod and Moscow have developed a series of unique compact generators capable of producing high-energy pulses of hundreds and even thousands of megawatts.

This compares with the capacity of a major Soviet hydropower station on the Dnieper or an energy unit at a modern nuclear power plant. The new generators are sources of electromagnetic radiation rather than electricity. Their main feature is a capacity to produce enormous power in a matter of nanoseconds. The impulses can be generated with a very high frequency.

Vice President of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) Gennady Mesyats recalled that the first high-current electron accelerators were developed in the U.S.S.R. in the 1960s. Ten years later, Soviet scientists learnt to generate powerful microwave nanosecond pulses. The current generators have no counterparts in the world. In effect, Russian scientists have made a breakthrough in what is called relativist high-precision electronics.

More at Source: RIAN

As the biggest electrical-dependent nation America should be worrying about new kinds of WMD.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Really nice find. I have to be honest, I just over the past few months have been reading about this subject. It really is mind boggling and the weapons aspect and possible scenarios are downright terrifying. I am going to look further into this article. Does anybody who knows this subject well understand if this is a significant "event"?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The governments already have a power plant small and efficient enough to power a 'flying saucer'. Even though this is 'new', it is old news imo.

join