It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Americans Embrace Conspiracy Theories?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
All great things that have come to pass are the result of a small group of people dedicated to their cause. If you believe your government is corrupt, we are obligated to act upon that belief. There are many mechanisms to provide relief to the oppressed in the American Republic.
It is our loss that we have not acted yet. It is usually only when tipping points have been reached that the People act.

I like reading Justins work, its logical and reasonable, and contains information, as opposed to just philosophical conjecture. keep up the work !

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello Rassy, I just stopped in briefly to see how things are going. I'm not here much any more. My long term hope is that others will see these examples you've read here, and carry on the fight in their own way.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As we begin the 2008 elections for President, many Americans will be looking for any hint of impropriety. It's a known fact that many newspapers around the country have cut back on the number of people they employ as investigative journalists.

Several public interest groups have been started with the goal in mind of conducting their own "Non-Partisan" investigations, when such events take place that merit looking in to. Sounds good? Bear in mind that every special interest group is funded by people or groups that have their own agendas.

The simple truth is that we face a new decade in which curious media will be less common. that's going to mean that polticians get away with more. That increasing trend in perceived corruption will only make more people want to believe in conspiracies.

That's one of the reasons why I think that alternative news sites like ATS and AP are so important. Our collective ability to examine a wide variety of issues from many different points of view can only act as a moderating influence on what will surely be a more chaotic news cycle.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Americans from all walks of life have now come to fear government spying programs. They embody the essense of what makes us embrace conspiracy theories.

Take for example this piece of breaking news.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid cleared a key hurdle for the FISA Amendments Act on Thursday, advancing President Bush's preferred version of the spying bill, a move opposed by the majority of Reid's Democratic colleagues. The vote, 60-34, sets the Senate on a course to validate more warrantless spying by the Bush administration and provide retroactive amnesty to telephone companies accused of breaking surveillance laws -- an unpopular approach.

A news item like this doesn't rate much coverage just now, but it is still important. That's why you should be aware of this ATS discussion that's already under way. I wanted to bring this to your attention i nthis thread as just one more example of "why" Americans embrace conspiracy theories.

Too many theories backed up by too many facts.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Justin Oldham]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join