It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen Patupaiarehe/Mist-Folk. Has anyone-else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Travelphotographer

Eyes, nose, mouth....I can see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Maybe show us where to look,cause I can't see it at all. Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

It's the bluish face in the tree that the mod provided a close up for. Check out travelers stamp link and look again. It's plain as it's probably gonna get.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure what I see...

I'm seein' something, just not sure what it is I'm seeing.

What's in the background behind the trees?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

All I can see is a blurred leaf off a puriri tree, if that's what you mean. I couldn't make that out to be a face if I tried to.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The very center of the blown up picture. The blue thing to the right of the tree trunk.

Or so I surmise. It's a something, just not sure what...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think that's a wet leaf,from what I've seen in the bush when its raining. Broadleaf that's wet and has a shine on it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I guess you could be right, but still.....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

There would be more blue spots around if it were just a leaf. You all can take it as you will but the mix between the photo, and the entire experience in that forest that day that I had only adds up to this one conclusion.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Oh I believe you, but then I can clearly see the facial features in the pic.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I may....

If you don't mind... I need to play Devils advocate here because... well... it's what we investigators do to try and rule things out. And after ruling all that we can think of, if it's still not identified, then it holds a bit more credibility to the thought being proposed.

When I lived in Colombia, South America, there were extremely large Moths and Butterfly's. Some of them were as large as holding both hands outward, their wing-span were that wide (larger than some of the birds).

i'm going to assume that you did not directly see the proposed creature till after your reviewing the pictures, would that be correct?

Anyway.. just offering up one bit of an 'perhaps' as after i googled Butterfly's of New Zealand, a number of beautiful Blue-ish winged butterfly's came up such as these below. And since we really don't know much about the angle of this proposed entity, a form of Pareidolia might be in play here.

Not saying that a Butterfly/Moth is what is in your photograph... just offering an occam's razor piece. Also the photos I've posted don't have the exact likeness to what is in your photo... these are just examples. Did you happen to notice any Butterfly's while you were in the forest?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I believe you certainly experienced something. Of that, I've no doubt.

I've been out in the woods, in places where man has seldom, if ever, walked. I've seen, heard, and felt odd things. I've had a Bigfoot encounter. I've been in places where I was extremely unwelcome, nor did I wait around to find out why...I left. I've had encounters with "ghosts"--I call 'em that, because I don't know what else to call 'em...angry spirits, maybe.

I see in the photo, what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I did not see any moths or butterflies during my trip that I can remember. I’m sure if I saw a blue butterfly, I would have remembered it. You are correct in the fact that I didn’t see what was in my photo until after I had left the waterfall.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have visited this page for some time, but first time posting. I find it interesting how this thread was started over a decade ago and is now slowly picking up. I personally see a lot of strong facial features in the photo. And when I compare it to what I find when I google “patupaiarehe” especially the image on the stamp, it has a very strong resemblance. Does anyone know if zephygurl is still active; I would like to hear her thoughts on this...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OverdueRental

The stamp pic is a highly stylized rendition of what they are supposed to look like. I can't make out a face in that pic,I still say its the way light coming through the canopy is falling on a large leaf,if you look hard enough you can see the veins on it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So you are saying you see a large blue leaf that isn’t attached to a plant with any other large blue leaves that happens to be positioned in a way that looks way to similar to the stamp? Lol

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Umm,I'd say its attached to the rest of the plant,which you can't see because of the undergrowth in front of it. I've spent a fair amount of time in the bush,and have seen what dappled light can do to a shiny wet surface. Sorry man,I just don't see any face there at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join