It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tearing up leaflets is fun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, today I was in London, (and last night, I went to a Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) concert) and when getting off the Millennium bridge, my mother got handed a Scientology Leaflet. I asked what it was, and my mother said it was a Scientology leaflet, so I took it, shouted back to get the guys attention, and held it up and tore it up. It gave me immense satisfaction anyway, and made me laugh a bit for while afterwards.

Ok, so technically thats Religious intolerance, and protesting in such a way probably counts as terrorism these days, but it was hilarious.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Kudos to you- I would have done the same in your place. Iam tired of being politically correct or religious intolerant or whatever. I believe I have the right to freedom of speech and freedom to worship whatever I believe is right for me and I get really tired of Mormons and Jehova Witnesses stopping me on the street and knocking on my door trying to get me to sign up. I'm sorry if I offend anyone . I personally have not met a scientologist but out of curiousity I read up on it at the library and IMHO it is whacked.I have heard many a horror story of those who try to leave the religion. Not for me thanks.I am proud to be an open minded, free speaking , conspiracy theorist. I don't need to push my thoughts onto anyone. If they ask, I'll share.I don't need anyone pushing any kind of dogma down my throat telling me how to live, what to do, what to believe.........I am free in thought and I plan to stay that way.Sorry for the rant but it felt good to get that out. And if I ever do meet one of those scientologists handing out flyers you can be sure I'll rip it up in their face too.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just realized this was in the Jokes forum.Sorry my post wasn't funny.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
glad you feel the same way.

Don't worry, I thought this was the best place, rather than the Faith and spirituality forum.

edit, I put in a completely pointless anecdote.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by apex]

[edit on 13-5-2007 by apex]

new topics

top topics

join