It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI opens UFO Files Online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First it was France, then England. Now the FBI takes the initiative and
declassifies 16 large UFO files, around 1500 pages of reports, documents,
correspondence, drawings etc. including J.Edgar Hoover's letters regarding
the phenomena since 1947. Very interesting stuff to read.

I recommend UFO file No. 1. It contains the actual UFO scenario in the
U.S back in 1947, the interest and concern from the military and FBI
and specially J. Edgar Hoover's comments and recomendations to the
armed forces. Despite the fact that the first pages are blacked out the
rest are uncensored. This is historic material.

The files are in Acrobat Reader format wich is free to download if you
don't have it installed. I suggest to download all 16 files, they are pieces
of history and these documents are the real thing.

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

foia.fbi.gov...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well hopefully someone can compile some cliff notes of all the important parts. Some of those files aren't even readable...

Also, when exactly did the FBI release these documents? Do you have a link to a news article or something about this?

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
First it was France, then England. Now the FBI takes the initiative and
declassifies 16 large UFO files, around 1500 pages of reports, documents,
correspondence, drawings etc. including J.Edgar Hoover's letters regarding
the phenomena since 1947. Very interesting stuff to read.

Hi Free_Spirit,

I agree that the documents are very interesting to read, but I think it's important to correct your introductory comment.

It isn't correct to say "First it was France, then England. Now the FBI takes the initiative ...".

Surprising as it may be to many Americans, the US was actually in the lead in releasing UFO documents. A considerable quantity of documents were released by various U.S. government agencies in the 1970s/1980s.

The FBI documents have been on its website for several years, and were in fact released to the public in the 1970s.

Those FBI documents were briefly discussed in Stanton Friedman's 1979 documentary "UFOs ARE Real!". Several of the documents were published by George Fawcett and Barry Greenwood in their book “Clear Intent” in 1984.

The FBI documents have been discussed in numerous UFO books since the 1970s. Particularly noteworthy are the following two books which focus on these documents, the latter of which can be bought easily and quite cheaply second hand - both are very interesting:
(1) Bruce Maccabee's book “UFO FBI Connection” (2000).
(2) Nick Redfern's book “The FBI Files” (1998) published as a Simon & Schuster softcover edition and also in a Pocket Books paperback edition.

My favourite sequence of documents within the FBI files relates to the memo dated 24 September 1947 from FBI Assistant Director D M Ladd to FBI Director J Edgar Hoover summarises, and attaches, a memo dated 23 September 1947 from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) revealing that the FBI had been asked to assist the Air Force in UFO investigations “to relieve the numbered Air Forces of the task of tracking down all the many instances which turned out to be ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot”.

Mr Ladd recommended that the FBI “protest vigorously” and that the FBI discontinue all activity in this field.

Complete images of the relevant memo are available online at pages 20-21 (of 77) in Part 4 (of 16 parts) of the UFO material on the FBI’s FOIA website at the link below:
foia.fbi.gov...

On 27 September 1947, FBI Director J Edgar Hoover wrote to Major General McDonald informing him that the FBI would be discontinuing all investigative activity regarding the reported sightings of flying discs, mentioning the “ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot” comment in the memo from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) dated 1947.0903.

Complete image of relevant memo available online at page 19 (of 77 pages) in Part 4 (of 16 parts) of the UFO material on the FBI’s FOIA website at the link below:
foia.fbi.gov...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Chile, France, The U.K., now the FBI.

Whose next?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42

Whose next?

Did you not read the post right above yours? The FBI isn't the newest agency to join the rest... they were most likely the first to release UFO-related documents. That is why I am curious how recently these particular files were actually released, because I am pretty sure I skimmed through these exact same files awhile ago...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Personally, I have always been wary of using any .gov or .mil sites.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I generally stay away from anywhere near "Big Brother".

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I am curious how recently these particular files were actually released, because I am pretty sure I skimmed through these exact same files awhile ago...

Quite possibly Diplomat. The same 16 PDF files have been on that website for quite a few years (since at least 1998 or so).

A useful tool to check this sort of thing is the Web Archive website at web.archive.org.

See, for example, the link below:

web.archive.org...*/www.fbi.gov...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 13-5-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know that this might be new to some people, but even I, that am not that much interested in UFOs, have those PDFs since 2003.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd thought the FBI didn't keep files on UFOs or UFO reports; last I'd read was JEHoover asking about them and being told basically there's nothing to'm.
The FBI would be the last source I would HONESTLY suspect of releasing any report details they never claimed to have.

Dallas

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
False alarm ! :p

Even if they release anything, it won't be of significance. France and UK files failed to make any waves. These gov agencies are created to keep things secret not to reveal them.

My personal opinion is - even they don't know anything about it.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is exciting news...I hope they just spill their guts in the process, because it's in due time. For some reason I believe there has been an 'agreement' in higher management that would have caused this to occur almost simultaneously in major nations.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
While this may be new, or even news, to some I would like to draw focus to the fact that these same documents have been available on the FBI website for years ... as demonstrated by Isaac Koi's initial post in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
I agree that the documents are very interesting to read, but I think it's important to correct your introductory comment.

It isn't correct to say "First it was France, then England. Now the FBI takes the initiative ...".

Surprising as it may be to many Americans, the US was actually in the lead in releasing UFO documents. A considerable quantity of documents were released by various U.S. government agencies in the 1970s/1980s.

The FBI documents have been on its website for several years, and were in fact released to the public in the 1970s.

Just sayin' ...

[edit on 13-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This stuff has been available for quite some time.

It is included in my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Iam very open minded but unfortunately in my 26 years on this planet i have not seen or listened to any convincing evidence of UFO's.

All the video's without exception are either CGI, or very poor quality clips of objetcs miles away, or at night.

Why are all the video's crap?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well if this is redundant information then I suppose it isn't as exciting as I hoped, nonetheless for us folks that can't spend much time researching UFO phenomenon it is nice to be exposed to these documents. But from what I've read so far it seems as if these documents were dropped intentionally due to the content and the fact that it reveals little or nothing.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i really appreciate the post !

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42

Whose next?

I think aliens themself

Well looks like a organized release. After this maybe we all should expect to see more ufo-s in the sky. Sightings recently seem to be 'out of control'.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thanks this is good to have in the library. I have seen some of the older stuff years ago, but you know I have never read anything really telling. Id like to see the some military reports along with radar images of the Motherships that jet around our skies all the time. What the big deal if this is the extent of our well deserved Disclosure? Its Ziltch.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Anyone know, since this has been around for a while, if anyone bothered to wade through the almost indecipherable stuff and re-do it in a readable form?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Anyone know, since this has been around for a while, if anyone bothered to wade through the almost indecipherable stuff and re-do it in a readable form?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I mentioned "cliff notes." There is something like what, 1600 pages or so... some of which isn't even legible. So there must be some kind of website or source that has a summarization or something like that... because I bet out of those 1600 pages there are a few pages with some very interesting stuff...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join