It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird looking plane/helicopter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any current government projects that may resemble the craft in this picture? The picture comes from a trailer of MGS4, which uses a variety of future technologies for gameplay mechanics. Among the technologies that you'll find in this game are nanomachines, stealth camouflage, exoskeletons, etc. etc..

This is why I was wondering if this is also a project in the works that I may not know about. The craft is both, a helicopter and a jet.

i7.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by Impreza

which uses a variety of future technologies for gameplay mechanics.

Answered your own question.

It's from a game, not real.

Lex

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've seen something similar in a Popular Mechanics (might have been my grandfather's retired officer magazine). The idea has beed around for a long time and is functional, but it's not 100%. Takes a lot of foward pitch to get the speed needed to convert and sometimes the wings and body didn't rotate appropriately.

Those pics look like a far updated version of what they were flying in the article's photos. The model in the game pics might not exist, but there is a machine already made that does this heli/plane conversion.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Spoodily]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It appears to be influenced by the Boeing X-50 Dragonfly. www.designation-systems.net...
www.designation-systems.net...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
since planeman's image links aren't working, i decided to post up an image in this thread.

concept image of Boeing X-50 DragonFly

sad to say this project, while interesting has been cancelled.

kinda looks like the WhisperCraft used in the movie "The 6th Day"

A "Whispercraft", combination helicopter and jet from the movie "The Sixth Day" stored behind some hangars here at Mojave.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by toreishi]

[edit on 15-5-2007 by toreishi]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yeah, kinda weird....inspired by V-22 Osprey too..

oh well, its from a videogame...yay

-Sapper Out

new topics

top topics

join