It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange, nutty, annoying things about life that you notice.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
True, but we have the potential to make a horrible mess.
Y'see, in the middle of the night, men operate by echo-location.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
True, but we have the potential to make a horrible mess.
Y'see, in the middle of the night, men operate by echo-location.

Whahahaaa... So true, until I got sick of cleaning up the mess in the morning.

I solved this problem of pissing in the middle of the night without turing on the lights by doing it the girl way. Putting the toilet seat down and sitting down to piss....
..... although I still piss standing up when I able to see.

If only we have night vision......

[edit on 15-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Haha, that's hilarious, and yet so sad...
The answer:
Motion activated track lighting.
It's savy, and yet practical.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
every single aspect, every single day.

ah yeah.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
dg; at least he isn't bringing home orphaned critters. You can recycle the magazines or donate them to a nursing home or the VA for others to read.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why do people talk in soft, muted tones when on their desk phone or home phone, but when out in public with their cell phones they talk so dang loud.

Geez - Step outside or something if you have to scream into the phone, moron! I don't want to hear every gory detail about your mother-in-law's hysterectomy!

Ahhhh... thanks Intrepid. Now I feel better. This should be a regular feature here...!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's just an Australian thing, but for a while now, I've been noticing people are strongly reluctant to say a simple 'Thank you' at the conclusion of a transaction.

At the check-out, when I receive my change, I automatically say 'Thank you' or 'thanks very much' with a smile.

Nothing comes back.

Apparently, people feel it's beneath them to say 'thank you'.

To conceal their discomfort re: this one-sided politeness, they turn their back and pretend to be studying their nails.

Usually it's teenage check-out operators, but the other day it was a mature-age female at the local library.

As she was in the process of handing me my change, I as usual said: 'Thank you '.

Rather than reciprocate, she instead muttered the amount of my change. So it was: ' Thank you' from me and and an unsmiling: 'Five dollars thirty five' from her. Then she tried to impersonate an executive-on-the-run, by turning her back to me as if something was demanding her urgent attention.

There was nothing behind her and no-one else at the counter. To cover her discomfort, she patted her hair and gave a theatrical sigh as if she were under immense pressure.

Clearly, she enacted this ridiculous charade in order to evade saying a simple, 'Thanks'.

Wonder why? Do people feel themselves 'diminished' by polite conventions?

Do they feel that by withholding 'thank you' and/or a smile, they are placing themselves 'above' those they serve?

Are they being instructed by employers NOT to observe simple, polite customer-service?

In time, will I and others cease to thank them? At which point, transactions will assume the coldness and impersonality of the robotic voices used by financial and other organisations' phone services.

Will that be the Brave New World our politicians are striving to create?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Y'know what I really hate?
I mean, what really drives me nuts?

When the person driving in front of me hits their brakes (or rides their brakes) and then puts their turn signal on.

Arrrgh!
So irritating!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Or...when you hold the door open for a complete stranger, and they look you right in the eyes, like they're going to say "thank you."
But then they walk right past you and say nothing.

Jerks.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yeah, seems people are being less and less polite these days.
Some things that annoy me:

1. Lazy coworkers, lazy lazy lazy, and they get paid more then I do.:shk:

2. People who forget how to use a turn signal. I walk to work, I was nearly clipped by an SUV who failed to use a turn signal, and obviously didn't understand that pedestrians have the right of way, especially when they have a walk signal. I didn't see who was driving as my life flashed before my eyes, but I bet they were on a cell phone too.

3. Why does my step dad miss the toilet every time?! :bnghd: I could paint the toilet bowl with a bulls eye and he would still miss. He doesn't even clean it up!

4. Why do bees fly right at me all the time when I have a phobia of them? Ever since I was a kid, up until now at age 22, they pester me to no end. I run like a nuke just hit the city.

5. Why do I have to work at least 32 hours a week in order to get health coverage, when I never get to work over 25 hours? I NEED to go to the dentist people, I'm sick of the pain.

.... Had more but getting mad now, I gotta chill. lol

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Slash]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Why is it when you share a bar of soap, some people cannot rinse off their hairs from it when they're done?

Why do people quickly slow down when passing a state trooper or cop sitting by the roadside, and immediately speed up when it is safe? Do they not get the actual message?

Why do some people get the opportunity to take photographs of something or an event and end up with 28 pictures of the exact same thing?

Why is it when you drop the soap in the shower, we immediately try to catch the most slippery object in the world, only for it to bounce twice off the walls and then land hard on top of our foot?

Why is it Wal Mart has only one cashier working at midnight? Is the extra employee's wages the breaking point for the store budget?

Why is youth wasted on the young?

Instead of taxing the people, why doesn't the government just go ahead and print whatever money it might need for the year?

Why are most life-sized pictures of people in display advertisements usually way shorter and smaller than an actual human the size they represent?

Why is the post office the only place that encourages us to use Susan B Anthony, Sacagawea, and presidential dollar coins and the rest of the world tries to get rid of them?

Why do most commercial airline cabins smell like old feet?

Why do some localities make it illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk, increasing the chances that a minimally protected rider will be struck by a car instead of the possibility that a pedestrian would have just gotten hit by a bicycle?

What is so wrong about wearing a ball cap in a courtroom?

How do squirrels remember all the places they hide their nuts?

Why are hamburgers not made of ham, but beef?

Why do crazy cat people think it is their mission to take in all cats? What about the rest of the animals?

Why are electric restroom hand dryers touted as good for the environment by burning fossil fuels, yet recyclable paper towels are not?

What prompted Wendy's to make square hamburgers, or Krystals, or White Castle for that matter?

Why is it that both car washes and gas station air compressors always run out of time before you are done using them?

Why does one look different to ones self between a photograph and looking in the mirror?

Why are small dogs not scared to bite people 12 times their height in the ankles? Are they really confident in their abilities?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
MORONS riding in the fast lane that don't recognize my unmarked cruiser and WONT GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I really do hate that...

Fast lane is for passing folks, so MOVE IT!!!

WHEW!

I feel better already..

Semper

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
One more thing:

Here in the US, we have gas stations with convenience stores, but one thing I have never figured out is why they always have mulch for sale. If I want to do some yard work or gardening I will either go to a home improvement store or a nursery to buy mulch, not the gas station.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I simply cannot stand when I'm eating french fries or something else with hard bits and a little piece gets stuck to the side of my throat right near the uvula. Won't wash down with a drink, won't cough up. I have to go prospecting with a finger and hope that I don't set off the gag reflex.

Stupid french fries. Why do they always have to get stuck?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why the hell do I have to pay for air at the filling station? One of the best and simplest ways to conserve fuel is to have proper tire pressure. Now that gas is pushing $4/gal, you'd think we could at least get a free way to add air to the tires. And that .75 per "session" at the compressed air vendor doesn't always give adequate time to do all four tires. Bastards.

And napkins at the fast food place. They jam the holders so full of napkins that the first person pulling out a napkin after the holders are filled will get about 60. Which immediately all go in the trash. STOP OVERFILLING THE DAMN NAPKIN HOLDERS!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I do all the dishes in my house. So when my wife comes home the kitchen is clean, everything put away.

I go back out to the kitchen about 5 hours later and in the sink there's:

4 teaspoons,
2 tablespoons
4 forks
3 butterknives
2 sharp steak knives.

How in the world can she use 15 utensils in 5 hours? What the heck is she doing, having egg races or making tea for six people?

It's almost every night. And it's not like she's making dinner for anyone. It's just the two of us.

Oh, yeah, By morning she's put eight dirty cups in the sink. (I drink out of the same thermal coffee cup).

Sheesh. Some day I'm going to have to hook up a web cam to spy on her and figure out what the heck she's doing with all those dishes. LOL.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why is it that everytime I use a public convenience [toilet]; invariably the stall I use is out of toilet paper and I only discover it, after I have done my business.

And how about those plastic portapottys? Better than nothing I suppose.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What I've noticed recently is that in the morning when I just want to have my coffee and pleasant conversation with my husband, that's the time when the 4 dogs decide to play, growl, bark, bump my chair and generally act like children!

OK, fine. So I gate them in the kitchen with their toys so they can play and run and get rowdy to their hearts' content, but all they want is to be allowed back in the living room with us. They sit there quietly at the gate, staring longingly into the living room as if I have doled out the worst punishment!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Everytime you make a bagel you go to get the butter....and there is none left. And you can't eat a bagel without butter.

Happened just now :shk:

So instead of going to the store I'm making some french fries to put on the bagel instead.

It might taste good.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hmm...

It's pretty good actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join