It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was initially attracted to ATS recently by an interesting thread titled, “Should The Poor Be Sterilized?” which literally had me on the floor rolling around with laughter.

What I found most amusing about the post where the arguments against, dripping with sentimentality and pathos for the so-called, gift of life humans seem to worship called childbirth. That you treat it as if it were some sort of blessed, religious experience endorsed by your God, in my opinon, actually demonstrates just how far away from your God you truly are.

Imagine a woman convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison, without the possibility of parole. Under these circumstances, would you endorse her so-called right to be to get pregnant, keep custody, and then rear said child in prison for the rest of her days.

And suppose the laws of your society were as follows; “Born in prison, stay in prison,” so that even after the death of the mother, the child must remain in prison for the rest of his/her life, never to see the light of day?

Oh, I can hear some of you now, “If the child is loved in prison, being born into a place where she/he is loved, is better than not being born at all.” LOL!!!

I ask these questions because if you were to look around this world – your history of violence, murder, Inquisitions in the name of God, Wars in the name of God, famines in the name of God, the destruction of resources, the polluting of your air, and water, combined with the ever increasing violent nature of your children… I mean, really look at it. How is it possible to imagine you are living in anything but a prison - a Hell of your own making?

And if you truly believe that there is a God answering your prayers, then you have to ask yourselves – where is the evidence that your prayers are being answered?

Oh, I forgot, you just brought that shinny new Rolls Royce you were praying to god for. And Jr. just got into college. And your football team won the world championship, because god was on their side. Oh, and you got laid last night after praying to God all day to send you a honey. Ooh baby! That was some righteous poon-tang! Praise the Lord!!

And how could I forget – you wanted to blow yourself up in the midst of hundreds of women and children, killing as many as the Lord would allow. And the Lord is gonna give you 75 bitches as a reward, when you get to heaven. Allahu Akbar!!

And the guy your wife was cheating with, yeah, the one you prayed with all your heart you could catch in the act… you were able to put a bullet in his, and your wife’s brain last night. That’ll teach them to break the Lord’s commandments. Praise God!

Meanwhile, most of the Christians on this planet are praying for Armageddon - the complete destruction of this world, and for all the so-called evildoers to be thrown into Hell for ALLLLL ETERNITY! Can I get an Amen! Brother and sisters!! Come on Armageddon!

But from the days of Zarathustra, on up through Jesus, every prophet from your God has essentially delivered the same message, “This planet ain’t your home, wake up, and get the hell off of it.” But you keep getting stuck in the contradictions of Genesis, and “Being fruitful and multiplying.” Why, because it feels good!

But why would your God want you to multiply in a place, She doesn’t even want you existing in the first place? LOL!!!

It’s the same as a society believing it’s a good thing to raise children in a prison for the rest of their lives.

The beauty of this illusion called Hell, is that on the outside it looks just good enough, and has ample bells and whistles to lull you into unconsciousness. But even the most beautiful woman on the planet, can crap a load that’ll stink to high heavens.

Welcome to Hell.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by SatansQue]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, more or less this is Hell they scare people with. We can create good conditions here, fix problems, but we will never find true peace and awareness.

This reality here is just to change you, to make you realize there is something else, right behind you, waiting for you to wake up. You can only wake up when you stop being a slave to your desires, fears and even love.

This is Hell and maybe better name would be Twilight Zone.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
''Imagine a woman convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison, without the possibility of parole. Under these circumstances, would you endorse her so-called right to be to get pregnant, keep custody, and then rear said child in prison for the rest of her days. ''

--thats a fantasy. women are segregated from men--imagine Charlie brown on the moon--irrelevant, and she should get the death penalty anyway
whats that got to do with the price of eggs in china?---

''What I found most amusing about the post where the arguments against, dripping with sentimentality and pathos for the so-called, gift of life humans seem to worship called childbirth. ''

--Guess your mom did not get a card for mothers day?---

''I ask these questions because if you were to look around this world – your history of violence, murder, Inquisitions in the name of God, Wars in the name of God, famines in the name of God, the destruction of resources, the polluting of your air, and water, combined with the ever increasing violent nature of your children… I mean, really look at it. How is it possible to imagine you are living in anything but a prison - a Hell of your own making?''

--why you blaming God for men co-opting his name and doing what they want to?--

''And if you truly believe that there is a God answering your prayers, then you have to ask yourselves – where is the evidence that your prayers are being answered? ''

--to many for me to answer, and to personal--

''Oh, I forgot, you just brought that shinny new Rolls Royce you were praying to god for. And Jr. just got into college. And your football team won the world championship, because god was on their side. Oh, and you got laid last night after praying to God all day to send you a honey. Ooh baby! That was some righteous poon-tang! Praise the Lord!! ''

imho this is the god of this world you are referring too--Satan

''Meanwhile, most of the Christians on this planet are praying for Armageddon - the complete destruction of this world, and for all the so-called evildoers to be thrown into Hell for ALLLLL ETERNITY! Can I get an Amen! Brother and sisters!! Come on Armageddon! ''

--Baloney, we want the Lord to return ,end hunger violence,death, crying, sadness, pain, --all the things Satan gives the world freely,

we pray everyone is saved

Hell is torment, forever--this place is just a taster of what it will be like
when a sinner moves into Satan's crib for eternity

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom_roberts

--why you blaming God for men co-opting his name and doing what they want to?--

I never blamed God for anything, I believe that I was clear in blaming men. But you make an interesting point. Because if you believe in God, then of course you must recognize that men are God's agents. That is, unless you have actually seen God walking around granting wishes and prayers. I have never seen God in the operating room, but I have seen surgeons who believe in God operating on people. I've seen surgeons who don't believe in God saving lives.

Originally posted by Satansque
''And if you truly believe that there is a God answering your prayers, then you have to ask yourselves – where is the evidence that your prayers are being answered? ''

--to many for me to answer, and to personal--

Isn't that in direct opposition to your Lord, who came for the sake of all? How many times did Jesus pray for himself? Okay, according to your bible, he prayed all of two minutes not to die on the cross, because MEN wanted to see him dead. But most of the time according to your bible, he was praying for everyone else.

Too many, and too personal translates into too greedy, and too self obsessed.

And if God is answering so many of your prayers, then you must be a great spiritual master indeed, capable of bringing the power of the Lord God down here to this place. Just imagine what would happen if you prayed to God to end world hunger? Or if you prayed to God to give good old George Bush a change of heart, and bring the boys home? Or that no one dies from a suicide bomber this week? I mean, why aim small, if God is so great in your life?

--Baloney, we want the Lord to return ,end hunger violence,death, crying, sadness, pain, --all the things Satan gives the world freely,

we pray everyone is saved

Hell is torment, forever--this place is just a taster of what it will be like
when a sinner moves into Satan's crib for eternity

Let's see, you want the Lord to end hunger, violence, death, crying, sadness, pain, and you want to blame, excuse me, Satan for all of this? Oh, so now the Lord is your personal Mr. Fix-it for all the stuff MEN perpetrate upon each other? The Lord isn't a farmer under a government that refuses to allow farmers to grow crops that could end hunger, just to keep the prices high.

The lord isn't the President of a country sending boys off to fight wars. The Lord doesn't commit violence against his neighbors. The Lord does not break hearts. All these things you're waiting for the Lord to take care of, shouldn't his agents, MEN/WOMEN be taking care of their own business? Wouldn't that make your Lord happier to see you and those of your ilk making this a better world?

You say you're praying for sinners, but still you can't wait to see them burning in Hell can you? because that would be the answer to your prayers, "Please Lord, punish them sinners, for ALLLLL ETERNITY!"

Hey, how about praying to God that He/She would never have to stoke the fires of Hell, Mr. Too numerous, and Too personal? You have God's ear, right?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
SATANSQUE, one thing that you continuously get correct is that most people don't know the true nature of God. If they did, they certainly wouldn't be so quick to fight wars and condemn people in his name.

Those who think that God rules by the sword have no place within the family of the TRUE God. Those who inspired the Crusade,inquisition, witch hunt, et cetera, are most likely, well, they are doing whatever such wicked people do.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
''Because if you believe in God, then of course you must recognize that men are God's agents. ''

Why , scripture does not at all say that of mankind as a whole

''That is, unless you have actually seen God walking around granting wishes and prayers.''

seen, no; felt his presence, yup and granting wishes and prayers

''Isn't that in direct opposition to your Lord, who came for the sake of all?''

sorry, what is in opposition?

''And if God is answering so many of your prayers, then you must be a great spiritual master indeed, capable of bringing the power of the Lord God down here to this place. Just imagine what would happen if you prayed to God to end world hunger?''

a great spiritual master ? no a filthy rag saved by the blood of the only begotten son of God yes

world hunger ending would be praying for something different than Gods will right now

we know what prophesy says and what must happen, I can ask God to end world hunger for my sake but i do not think
it fits in with his plan, Oh and by the way man caused world hunger and now YOU want God to bail him out

''You say you're praying for sinners, but still you can't wait to see them burning in Hell can you? because that would be the answer to your prayers, "Please Lord, punish them sinners, for ALLLLL ETERNITY!" ''

who there , you are putting words in my mouth there, a load of crap, no Christian wants to see anyone go to the lake of fire,sadly many people claim to be Christian and spout junk like you allude to, and some are
but by not showing love they are being disobedient to the Lords will
and poisoning the ground to further evangelism

''Hey, how about praying to God that He/She would never have to stoke the fires of Hell, Mr. Too numerous, and Too personal? You have God's ear, right? ''

again, hell was prepared for Satan and his angles and because of the fall of man all humans who reject God and his salvation

to do what you ask would be kinda dumb, as again it is prophesied to happen, you want me to ask God to change his mind
about the end times for my sake?

lol
and yes the Lord has show me mercy and answered important prayers for me
and as i said other personal things, but only because i am trying to please him
I pray inside what scripture says is Gods will for men , not outside of it as the world does
they only come and ask when they need something worldly, money ,cars, fame ,
i never pray for money, i beg for work
i never pray to beat some one out of a job
i pray for my share
i do not pray for power
i pray the Lord teach me to love all men as he does
you have some misconceptions about talking to God....I.E prayer

but here is truth

Luke 11:8-10
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Tom, in my opinion, I just don't think you understand what SatansQue is trying to get at here. I think people have a tendency to apply human attributes to a very very inhuman God/Higher Power/Whatever.

Case point being: It's so much easier to blame Satan (heh heh, no offense SatansQue) for everything that we screw up, and it's so much easier to ask God to clean up our mess. God isn't our own personal wish machine. God can't/won't change things... we can.

There was an amazing story that I remember from somewhere that sums this up so well... Something about two men who climb up a mountain. Suddenly, a snowstorm springs up, and both men are in danger of freezing to death. One man falls to his knees and prays to God with all his heart, asking for a miracle as icicles freeze upon his upraised hands. The second man starts walking, fighting through the blizzard.

Guess which man makes it down the mountain...

God doesn't want us to beg and plea. If you want something... forgiveness, a miracle, food, whatever... go and get it.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

''Because if you believe in God, then of course you must recognize that men are God's agents. ''

Why , scripture does not at all say that of mankind as a whole

''That is, unless you have actually seen God walking around granting wishes and prayers.''

seen, no; felt his presence, yup and granting wishes and prayers

''And if God is answering so many of your prayers, then you must be a great spiritual master indeed. Just imagine what would happen if you prayed to God to end world hunger?''

a great spiritual master ? no a filthy rag saved by the blood of the only begotten son of God yes world hunger ending would be praying for something different than Gods will right now we know what prophesy says and what must happen, I can ask God to end world hunger for my sake but i do not think
it fits in with his plan, Oh and by the way man caused world hunger and now YOU want God to bail him out.

According to you, "a filthy rag" he keeps bailing you out. Hmmm, a filthy rag can get bailed out, but not the poor?

no Christian wants to see anyone go to the lake of fire,sadly many people claim to be Christian and spout junk like you allude to, and some are
but by not showing love they are being disobedient to the Lords will
and poisoning the ground to further evangelism

If my comments are poisoning the ground for your evangelizing, I say "Praise the Lord!"

again, hell was prepared for Satan and his angles and because of the fall of man all humans who reject God and his salvation to do what you ask would be kinda dumb, as again it is prophesied to happen, you want me to ask God to change his mind
about the end times for my sake? lol

And Satan gets blamed for being egotistical? Not for your sake, hello! for the children of God! If your prayers of compassion can't change your god's mind, then your god aint God.

and yes the Lord has show me mercy and answered important prayers for me
and as i said other personal things, but only because i am trying to please him

Oh, so your god has mercy on you Tom, but not the little people who are starving and suffering? And isn't that sweet, the "filthy rag" who pleases his god, by his callous disregard for the lives of sinners.

Tom,

Your "filthy rag" of a brain has been squeezed dry, and left soiled! What you have posted here, filled with so many contradictions, is exactly why this earth is hell. Your god sound like a cruel, sadistic, angry, vengful, devil, who mixes sweetness with bitters, just to get you hooked on believing you have a shot at "salvation."

The amount of ignorance required to say that god has a plan for the poor to starve, is why, I say, "A Bible in the hands of a man, is like a car in the hands of a monkey at rush hour."

Your Bible is a false idol, made from wood, written by murderers, theives, liars, and wooden headed zealots who couldn't find the True God of Light in their hearts, with a map, and Onstar.

Paraphasing your god; nothing touched by the hands of a man, is worthy of praise or worship in this world. Unless you can tell me,and everyone else you are... good Lord, evangelizing to... the day, and time when your god came down to this earth, in person, and handed over a signed, bound copy of the Bible, nothing you quote from it, or speak from it has any credibility as coming from God, what-so-ever!

"But we're supposed to have faith, that the Lord inspired men who wrote down what God told them." Please! What happens when we have faith in men, Tom? We can't find the weapons of mass destruction.

Remember, Jesus was murdered by wooded headed fools, who believed they were following the will of God, as written. And you actually believe Jesus wanted a false idol made of wood to represent His Father's will? L.O.L.!!!!!!!!

Knock, knock, who's there?

[edit on 24-5-2007 by SatansQue]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Your thread had ME rolling around with laughter. What's with the, your God, your society, your history of violence, murder, violent nature of your children… your God your God your God about then. Aren't you from the same planet as us then?

Get off your high pedestal and get back to earth, I say.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Interesting perspective, SatansQue. I'd disagree with a lot of it, but certainly not the part about the football team winning the world championship because God's a Colts fan. That's spot-on, I'm sure.

[Oh you didn't mean soccer did you? Because I don't think God cares a flippity flop about soccer.]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
No this isn't even close to Hell

This is the training ground where you prove where you belong.

By the way the island of Lost is purgatory.

PS you aren't that scary..You should see Chukkles. He's creepy.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Your thread had ME rolling around with laughter. What's with the, your God, your society, your history of violence, murder, violent nature of your children… your God your God your God about then. Aren't you from the same planet as us then?

No pedestal, wigit.

Simply, my God didn't, or wouldn't have anything to do with your bible. It was compiled by murderers, theives, and liars, with an agenda that has nothing to do with truth.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Interesting perspective, SatansQue. I'd disagree with a lot of it, but certainly not the part about the football team winning the world championship because God's a Colts fan. That's spot-on, I'm sure.

[Oh you didn't mean soccer did you? Because I don't think God cares a flippity flop about soccer.]

Laudy, laudy, you must be the devil. Any time the Baltimore... uh, Indi Colts... (Who snuck out of town like theives in the night) can come up into my hometown Baltimore (Hell) and post up dem Ravens and get out with a win, well, now you see why I'm so pissed. LOL!!!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
No this isn't even close to Hell

PS you aren't that scary..You should see Chukkles. He's creepy.

Damn! Not only do you not agree with every word I say, you done gone and besmerched my scariness! Took me 10 years to grow dem horns. The girlies like em, cause they have something to hold onto when I'm going south.

But lookie here,

The only reason you can say this isn't Hell, is because you haven't met the right devil yet, like these boys;

www.thesmokinggun.com...

They learned everything they know from the Catholic Church, that is except fo the power drilling in the hand bit.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatansQue

No pedestal, wigit.

Simply, my God didn't, or wouldn't have anything to do with your bible. It was compiled by murderers, theives, and liars, with an agenda that has nothing to do with truth.

I agree with you in part however, I don't have a bible. I'm interested to know who YOUR God is. Maybe he's my God too, or is he just yours? Methinks, maybe you don't even know who you're preaching to.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I agree with you in part however, I don't have a bible. I'm interested to know who YOUR God is. Maybe he's my God too, or is he just yours? Methinks, maybe you don't even know who you're preaching to.

Wigit,

Perhaps it sounds like preaching, but preaching denotes that I'm trying to change your opinion or teach you something. This ATS thing is a cool forum for putting ideas out into the ethers.

These are my ideas. If you don't agree, I don't care, really. And I'm not saying that with an attitude or anything, I'm being sincere. I love putting an idea out, and then defending it. I'm not someone who just spouts off at the mouth, and then folds when people start picking my ideas apart - you kidding? I love to debate. Call me an a-hole, I don't care. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Been shown to be wrong many, many times, and changed my point of view, with a thank you, and have a nice day.

Of course I don't know who I'm speaking to. I'm looking at a computer screen. The only way I know who I'm speaking to is by what a person says - language - flow of thought.

My God, is the God of the Christ Jesus. I have had a personal relationship with this God, long before I ever read a single page of the Bible. In fact, whether you believe it or not, (I don't care) this God, and spirits of my God, have been with me since I came home from the hospital in my mother's arms, because I remember that day, as clear as if it was yesterday, in the car, with my mom, (No carseats back then) in the front seat, in her arms.

So the Holy Spirit of God is very real to me. Doesn't make me any more special than any one else. In fact, I've been a jabonie most of my life. So I guess God realised that I was such a basket case coming into the world, that I needed to get started as soon as I got here. Perhaps within the last 6 months, I've felt less like a jabonie than I have my entire life.

But during my jabonie years, I read the Bible cover to cover at least 15 times. Plus read the interpreters Bible (30+ volums) through a couple of times, plus the Philocalia of Origen, studied the lives of the saints, studied the lost books of the bible, as much of the dead sea scrolls as possible, learned to read and speak sanskrit so I could study the Shastra, bhagavad-gita, and 200+ publications from the Varnashram Dharma and social system, then lived in an ashram two years, studied Judaism, the Qur'am, Bhudism, Zen bhudism - listen, I could go on and on. Litterally 40 years of constant theological study, with some paranormal studies, a little physics, etc., even produced several nationally syndicated TV shows for about 7 years, flying through that business as a diversion.

I'm a writer, sculptor, baker, father and a bunch of other things, and I have been on the brink of certain death at least 7 times. In fact, I have a heart condition which could litterally take me out of this world while I'm sitting here writing this letter to you.

Not trying to be a dick, or a braggert, or gain any sympathy what-so-ever, which I'm sure I'll be accused of, it's just that research, and the search for my True God have been my life's persuit, 24/7 for my entire life. While most people were working at jobs, I was in the library 7 hours per-day, most of my life.

And you know what? The most liberating moment of my life, is when I threw my torn and tattered bible into the garbage 3 months ago. Why? because I finally saw if for exactly what it is, and I stopped fearing what God would do to me if I didn't believe in it, because I didn't want Him to be dissappointed in me for thinking He had anything to do with it. A book filled with half truths, outright lies, and slanders against my God, is antiChrist.

So if you still want to talk, I'm willing. If you want to call me an jerk and be on your way, that's fine too.

It's your world.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by SatansQue]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I had a lot to say and now I'm lost for words.Do you mean you believed in a certain God your whole life till 3 months ago and then freed yourself and now you believe in a different, REAL God? Who is HE?How can I get in touch with HIM?And, what is this TRUTH you speak of? Spit it out old chap.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
okay, first off what, exactly, is a jabonie?

your a funny guy but you make no sense to me.
if your god is the god of jesus christ, then why throw out the bible?

personally, i think hell is a load of crap, waddya think of that idea? why would a loving father ever punish his children so spitefully. my own fathers forgiveness is a given, and he's only human, some big all powerful god type father gonna be forgiving me before i do anything, he's going to be forgiving me for stuff i haven't even thought to do.

now if you carry this ''god the father'' thing a bit further, it seems obvious why the bible contradicts itself so often, when you were a toddler, your father probably didn't let you near the lawnmower when it was running because you were probably going to stick your hands in the blades, but by the time you were fourteen he was probably grounding you for not mowing the lawn. thats not exactly a contradiction is it, it's a change in the rules.

seems obvious to me that ''god the father'' and his childrens relationship is going to change over time, as they get a bit wiser and a bit more civilized. you even have the dark ages for a nice handy teenage angst episode,
oh yeah, we knew it all then, and woe betide anyone that disagreed.

so i guess this is the twenties of man-kinds life, lets be honest, we're all a bit cruel and self destructive in our twenties, hardly equates to hell now does it?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Do you mean you believed in a certain God your whole life till 3 months ago, freed yourself and now you believe in a different, REAL God? Who is HE? How can I get in touch with HIM?And, what is this TRUTH you speak of? Spit it out old chap.

You know how when you're 3-5 years old, there's a sense of wonder, and an excruciating joy for the simpliest of things? This is how my life was for 5 years. The 7 near deaths I spoke of, honestly there were more, but my first experiences with death came at the hands of my father. He began beating the crap out of me at 6 y/o, getting so angry at times that he'd try to strangle me, aimed guns at my face, etc.

So very early on, I used to spend quite a bit of time hidding out in the room I shared with my brother, cause to look at me, he'd want to kick my ass. First thing I ever remember offically hearing about God - Catholic preist, "Prayer can move mountains." I was six at the time.

My mountain was my father. I began praying, asking that my father would stop beating me. Pretty much after the first prayer, I hear this in my mind; "This situation you are in, cannot be avoided. Your father's spirit is not with me. You have been placed in this situation to protect the others (my mom, sisters & brother) from harm, because you are strong enough to endure. We will always be here with you. Have no fear."

At 6 years old, I'm like damn! But an amazing thing happened the next day when I mistakenly got mayonase in the beanut butter jar. The minute my father's fist, wound up to strike me, my spirit left my body, and I'm near the ceiling, watching insouciantly, as my body is taking a beating - no pain, no sensation of being beaten.

For the next 12 years, every time my mom, my siblings, or me, would piss him off, I would get beat, strangled, thrown around the room, down stairs, whatever, while spirit was up there, watching, not feeling a thing.

3 times the voice woke me up in the middle of the night, and told me, "Your father is coming to kill you, run, I will protect you." So I'd get up, get dressed, and beat it out of the house, seconds before he came home.

I never hated my dad, but loved him. I prayed for God to tell why? And I got a pretty detailed explanation of how his father beat him, his expectations for me, his drinking, frustrations, a whole run down, which I just understood, and kept taking it.

I asked God about Jesus one night, and had an experience that seemed as real as life. I was following Jesus around, like I was invisible, while he was doing his thing, listening in on conversations, hanging out with Lazarus, and Mary and Martha. I loved them. I saw Jesus wake Lazarus from the dead. I was there when Jesus was crucified, saw the nails hammered in. I cried for days, until I saw him smiling at me.

I didn't pick up a Bible until I was out of the house, and married. By then I'm trying to make a living. The relationship I had with God had changed dramatically, because the God of the Bible stories, didn't sound anything like the God I had known all my life. Lots of killing, angry, threatening, vengful, telling Abraham to kill his son, animal sacrifices, Paul's droning, revelations, etc.

So I began all the searching, until a few months ago. I found the simplicity of just meditating, and thinking of God as my friend again. And immediatly, I realized the God in the Bible, was a perverted contruct of men's fears, with slanders, and half truths attributed to God. So I threw my Bible away.

The real truth, is that God is in our hearts, if our hearts are filled with love for each other, and all living things. No worries about who's sinning, end of the world, who's having sex with whom. The Jesus I saw as a child, was a beautiful, loving human being.
In his presence there was a sense of wonder, and an excruciating joy for the simpliest of things. Based on what he said, I realized that he was the refection of his Father God, and my God.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well met, Sat.

I'm a Deist. I believe in something higher, more powerful (if you wish)
than we are.
Is there a True God ? I don't know. I really don't.

There are many religions, well all religions say they are the True Voice
of God.

Are they ?

Maybe they are. You say you've read numerous religious text. I have,
also.

I find one underlying theme. Treat others as you want to be treated.

Respect.

Seems simple, huh ?

Being that we are Human, and have Free-Will, not so simple.

Oddly, you don't mention Anton LeVey and the Satanic Bible.

In it, Anton states that Satan is God's best friend.
Without Satan, God has no reason to exist.

Anyway, nice post. I hope there are more forthcoming.

Lex

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join