It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C2C Part 2? (Another one that looks the same)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was checking out MUFON and someone turned in two pictures and a description of that strange looking UFO from earlier this week (C2C), but at a presumed different location. I have no skill at analyzing pictures besides with the naked eye so what do you think? Another fake? It's too dark to see the writing but I am not sure how easy it is to fake.

MUFON Picture 1:
www.mufoncms.com...

MUFON Picture 2:
www.mufoncms.com...

MUFON Long Description:
mufoncms.com...

Here's the actual text from MUFON:
"Long Description of Sighting Report
My husband and I were in Lake Tahoe over the weekend. We left on friday afternoon and came back monday morning. On saturday at about 7 pm, I was walking out to my car to get a sweater when I saw this thing in the sky. It was pretty close I think, but still above the trees. It was moving and spinning slowly, heading towards my right. I was startled and confused at first and wanted to take a picture, but our camera was still inside so I took two pictures with my camera phone before it passed behind the roof of the house. I ran around to the other side and was yelling to my husband to come out. We came around the other side and saw it just as it was going down behind some trees. He didn't get a good look at it, but he saw enough to convince him that it was something really strange. We decided to take a drive around the area to see if we could see it again, but we never did. We didn't see it the next day either. Since we were renting the cabin for the weekend we didn't know any nearby residents but I would bet at least a few other people saw it. It was very visible and very strange looking. I was definitely a little freaked out but my husband didn't seem very bothered by it. He was more interested in it than scared. He wanted to drive around a lot longer trying to find it than I did! =) It didn't make any noise except for a very, very faint sound that is hard to describe but sounded like something vibrating. We both heard the sound although just barely. It moved in a very straight line when it went over the house but when we saw it on the other side of the house, when it was going down behind the trees, it made a very sharp turn. It didn't move like a helicopter or airplane, it was very "exact". We did see one person on our drive who was a few blocks away taking a walk and asked him if he saw it, and he said no. Then we asked him if he heard any weird noise and tried to describe it as best we could, and he said he might have but he wasn't sure. By this time it was at least 20 minutes since we first saw the thing so who knows.

I talked to some friends over the week about sending these to a newspaper or something but a guy at work suggested I look up Mufon, so I'm starting with you guys."

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Are cell phone pics hard to fake?
That is the same ship from the other picture......

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The object is similar but not the same. Here are two comparison pics. There's one less arm and a wider and longer 'paddle'.

The angle that the new photo is taken from compared with the old one is remarkably similar. Almost as if it is just a modified image of the first one.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone did an IP check on the people submitting these pictures. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's the same person pretending to be two different people.

As to the object, yeah, it looks like someone was having fun with a garden sprinkler and some welding rods.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It would appear as though our hoaxer has been busy. This certainly looks to be the work of "Chad" in the C2C pics. He changed the blades a little but that's no big deal once the model is complete, remove one, add one whatever...

One of our astute and very talented members, "GroinGrinder" is making one of these "things" using his "home/hobbyist" 3d imaging tools. He has nailed it and if he had access to the premium 3d software I am certain he could reproduce this perfectly.

I know the Illinois State Director for MUFON and will call him Monday and let him know they have what we believe is a hoax on their site.

I am going to send Lex, the webmaster for C2C a link to our thread on the other images as well.

Who knows? Maybe we'll get to the bottom of this.

Springer...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Springer,

I just saw the EXIF data and the camera make was MSM6500, which is actually not a camera, but a chipset used in Cell phones. (I googled for MSM6500)

The date of the snap is 5/5/2007.

I must say that I'm perplexed, that EXIF data is not easy to fake and its very unlikely that the so called hoaxer knew about this chipset and its name etc.

My conclusion is that, the pics are indeed taken from a cell phone.
It is possible that the pic was modified later, but this usually strips off the EXIF data. We have a very strange case here.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
EXIF data is EXTREMELY EASY to edit and fake, there are dozens of editors online for free.

Springer...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words Springer. I also believe this is the original model with the blades rotated. Several seconds worth of work. This UFO is going to appear in more places than Matt Lauer.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
EXIF data is EXTREMELY EASY to edit and fake, there are dozens of editors online for free.

Springer...

Agreed. Its easy for those who know. A common man wouldn't know about these things. If its a hoax, we have most sophisticated hoaxer I've ever seen. Probably he is very experienced and may be professional. But who would take the risk of staging such a big hoax?

More info: There is about 5 sec time difference between the images. The quality is so low that its not possible to tell if its CG or a real model. The resolution 512x384 is a standard one for miniature cameras. (4/3 aspect ratio).

So far there is nothing which constitutes a SOLID proof of these being faked. I'm skeptic and I'm giving him a benefit of doubt.

PS: I'll not eat my words later hopefully

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The second picture from the cell phone looks almost like the arms on the craft have changed places. There was a wide arm extending toward the person taking the picture but in the second picture, where it's slightly behind the rooftop, it looks like the arms have changed places. Tell me how that's possible.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Makuahine]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makuahine
The second picture from the cell phone looks almost like the arms on the craft have changed places. There was a wide arm extending toward the person taking the picture but in the second picture, where it's slightly behind the rooftop, it looks like the arms have changed places. Tell me how that's possible.

The thing was not only moving but also rotating. Thats one possible answer.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Having examined these newest cell phone photos and compared them to Chad's photos, may I be the first to go on record that I think these are two different objects but quite possibly from the same source. Could this be the start of something big and historic? I hope not the beginning of an invasion. What if we start getting flooded with reports of these things popping up around the globe?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
The thing was not only moving but also rotating. Thats one possible answer.

I thought of that also, but if you start with the first photo and rotate the arms, it's not possible to end up with the arms in the positions they're in on that second photo.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So what the hell are these things? I guess they are either photoshopped CGI pictures or they are legit pictures of some type of drone, either manmade or extraterrestrial.

So if these things are popping up in different locations, then the next person who sees one needs to shoot it down or something so we can take a close look at it and take it apart to figure out what the hell it is and where it came from...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
So if these things are popping up in different locations, then the next person who sees one needs to shoot it down or something so we can take a close look at it and take it apart to figure out what the hell it is and where it came from...

Shoot it down? What kind of diplomacy is that, Diplomat? Cowboy diplomacy?
We don't understand it so let's shoot it!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latitude

Shoot it down? What kind of diplomacy is that, Diplomat? Cowboy diplomacy?
We don't understand it so let's shoot it!

How else are we going to get our hands on one? We gotta bring it down to the ground somehow, and they seem to be "unmanned" so it isn't like anyone is going to get injured...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How else are we going to get our hands on one? We gotta bring it down to the ground somehow, and they seem to be "unmanned" so it isn't like anyone is going to get injured...

Somebody may get injured.... like the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE could be wiped out if we start a war with these people.

jra

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Agreed. Its easy for those who know. A common man wouldn't know about these things. If its a hoax, we have most sophisticated hoaxer I've ever seen. Probably he is very experienced and may be professional. But who would take the risk of staging such a big hoax?

I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. The "common person" may or may not know about the EXIF, it's impossible to say, but if the guy can build CG models and superimpose them into real photos. Editing the EXIF isn't that big of a deal/step by comparison. Anyone who uses digital cameras regularly should know about the EXIF data.

I also wouldn't consider this guy to be the most sophisticated hoaxer, but a smart one non the less. And what risk for him is there in doing this?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latitude

Somebody may get injured.... like the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE could be wiped out if we start a war with these people.

I understand your point, but don't you think Aliens would be smart enough to realize that if some primitive humans saw one of their crazy looking unmanned drones that it is possible they might try and do something malicious to it? I don't see why the Aliens wouldn't be expecting it. How are we supposed to know what it is? Who is to say we aren't "allowed" to shoot it down or bring it down somehow for further investigation? It is in "our" atmosphere after all...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makuahine

I thought of that also, but if you start with the first photo and rotate the arms, it's not possible to end up with the arms in the positions they're in on that second photo.

Just rotate it 90 deg to left until the long blade pointing left points backwards.

@jra,
Don't know why you think its not a sophisticated hoax, if we assume its a hoax. A person going to the limit of stripping off exif and putting an exif resembling that from a cellphone camera must be smarter than average hoaxers. He did not make just one image, he made many and is still doing, thats a lot of work. Of course if you assume that its the same person this time again.

If he is trying to show off his CG abilities here, then he is risking his reputation and career both. I wouldn't hire a talented artist who lies so much. Not trustworthy, he will be stamped as.

The possibility of it being a real model (fabrication) is more, as its easier than CG and looks more real. Even an ordinary farmer (Billy) did that successfully.

Anyway, I'm comfy here on the wall.

PS: If someone knows anyone from C2C, please ask them to confirm the IPs. They need not reveal the IPs, we just need to know if they are same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join