It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formation of round UFOs maneuver near the USS Supply in 1904

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Formation of round UFOs maneuver near the USS Supply in 1904

What I find interesting about this sighting, is that it took place shortly after the Wright brother's flight, making it highly unlikely that they were secret military craft.

One of the earliest formation cases was reported February 28, 1904, by a ship in the North Pacific off San Francisco. Three members of the crew of the USS Supply, at 6:10 a.m. local time, sighted an echelon formation of three "remarkable meteors" which appeared near the horizon below clouds, moving directly toward the ship. As they approached, the UFOs began soaring, rose above the cloud layer, and were observed climbing into space, still in echelon. The lead object was egg-shaped and about the size of six suns (about 3 degrees of arc). The other two were smaller and appeared to be perfectly round. They remained visible for over two minutes. (Meteors, of course, do not travel in echelon formation, change course and climb, nor remain visible for two minutes).

Link to site

"Three objects appeared beneath the clouds, their color a rather bright red. As they approached the ship they appeared to soar, passing above the broken clouds. After rising above the clouds they appeared to be moving directly away from the earth. The largest had an apparent area of about six suns. It was egg-shaped, the larger end forward. The second was about twice the size of the sun, and the third, about the size of the sun. Their near approach to the surface appeared to be most remarkable. That they did come below the clouds and soar instead of continuing their southeasterly course is also curious. The lights were in sight for over two minutes and were carefully observed by three people whose accounts agree as to the details."

LT. FRANK H. SCOFIELD
Later Commander-in-Chief of the Pacific Fleet
Aboard the U.S.S. Supply
Eastern Coast of Korea
February 28, 1904

Link to site

I'm not saying that they were definitely extraterrestrial vehicles, but I doubt that we had perfectly round or egg-shaped aircraft in 1904. Now that I think about it, theres no evidence that we do now either.

[edit on 5/13/2007 by Alien42]

join