It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats outside our universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrainEdit: Here's a good video that will take you to the 'edge'. The light from beyond this has not yet reached us, and you must wait a few trillion years to see whats beyond.
www.youtube.com...

Hey, I remember seeing that video in a place called "Cosmonova" here in Sweden. It's Sweden's only Imax, and it's the worlds biggest one too. It's 760 meters squared, 11 meters high, and 23 meters in diameter. It's HUUGE. They only show scientific movies though. But I don't mind, because that's the only reason you would go to an IMAX.

Anyways, here's a really small picture of what it looks like inside, but you can tell how big it is by looking at the persons silouhette in the bottom centre of the screen:

This is only the front though. It stretches all the way to the roof, and covers it fully. It also covers a big piece of the walls on the right and left side. You seriously get scared when you're sitting at the top. Oh and they have HUGE speakers behind the "screen" or whatever you call it. They show you them before the movie starts, they do it by lighting them up with some kind light behind the screen. They look like huge angry monsters with gigantic mean looking eyes. Haha.

I almost shat my pants when the space movie started. Flying through space in Cosmonova is like actually being there. You feel like you're going to fall into nothing space. It's so scary, but so awesome. This was like 7 years ago though, hehe. I was only like 10 back then. Haven't been there in a long time.

Btw, is that the voice of Morgan Freeman by any chance? Hehe, it really sounds like him T_T

[edit on 23-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Don't know if its been suggested yet. But might the universe be a 'fractal'?

local.wasp.uwa.edu.au...

A rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be subdivided in parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced/size copy of the whole.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, if the revised M-Theory is correct, then "outside" is going to be very difficult to ascertain, because there are (again, according to M-Theory), 11 dimensions, the 11th of which is gravity, and does not fully (or even mostly) exist in this universe (hence why gravity is such a weak force compared to all others).

So most likely "outside" our universe is probably whatever produces the shadow of gravity that we experience in our universe.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

You move out of this universe/phase state to another one, amongst the stars is where you will be.Whats out there is the Universal Energy source, the binding force that keeps everything together.God presence, is what you would be feeling a euphoric state beyond earths comprehension, a visual flux of energy happens out there, your spirit takes charge.Think of all those different galaxies, as pools of energy to dip yourself into.Each one with its own euphoric field of vibration or resonance.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by menguard]

I do like that explanation. We are so trapped in our ignorant bodies.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You move out of this universe/phase state to another one, amongst the stars is where you will be.Whats out there is the Universal Energy source, the binding force that keeps everything together.God presence, is what you would be feeling a euphoric state beyond earths comprehension, a visual flux of energy happens out there, your spirit takes charge.Think of all those different galaxies, as pools of energy to dip yourself into.Each one with its own euphoric field of vibration or resonance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Picture the 'Whole Universe' at large like a funnel, each ring represents a world within the funnel.*

[edit on 23-5-2007 by menguard]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Even darkness is something because its there. But what if the dark is gone then what.

Darkness is the absence of light. It is not a thing. It is nothing.

The world is mostly nothing. Most of the universe is empty space. Even solid objects are mostly empty space. There is much more nothing inside a bar of lead than there are lead atoms.

Even you and I, it pains me to say, are mostly made up of nothing.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Even darkness is something because its there. But what if the dark is gone then what.

Darkness is the absence of light. It is not a thing. It is nothing.

The world is mostly nothing. Most of the universe is empty space. Even solid objects are mostly empty space. There is much more nothing inside a bar of lead than there are lead atoms.

Even you and I, it pains me to say, are mostly made up of nothing.

Darkeness is the absence of light, yes i agree. However it is not nothing and I can prove it. I can see it.

I dont think you can say empty space and nothing are the same thing. If you do then you really arent thinking about what im trying to say. Space is something even though it might be empty.

What exactly is the absence of everything?

Please show me something anywhere that says there is a mixture of nothing and atoms in a bar of lead.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for this insight. I am always thinking though, not to sound suicidal or anything, but is life really anything at all? I know that this pulls away from the original post, but maybe I can receive a few answers here. Does life really matter? Will I ever make any difference? Is it all really worth it? I find that these are some of the hardest, if not impossible questions to answer. I just wonder if I even exist in the first place... The ultimate question, I think though, is Why life?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i always wondered whats outside too......its all so complicated...how was this universe created..if this whole thing is a universe then what is all the universes called and would we ever be able to travel to them...one thing i do believe is that after we die we go somewhere sometimes i think that life resets itself and then u end up in another universe but diffrent events happen in the history of your life and then again sometimes i think that when we die our souls go into a newborn baby thats why they say everytime somebody dies somebody is born & thats also why alot of people have similarities like if somebody died along time ago and i where to have the personality of him but i am from like 20000000 years later....i feel one day we will know how to get to other universes and places in this multiuniverse..

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Please show me something anywhere that says there is a mixture of nothing and atoms in a bar of lead.

Since you are the one who is making extraordinary claims ('nothing is something'), it is up to you to provide the evidence and for the rest of us to refute it, rather than the other way round.

What I have stated is common knowledge among the scientifically literate, though the more pedantic among us might choose to speak of not of lead atoms but of protons, neutrons and electrons, or hadrons and leptons, or hadrons, baryons and bosons, or whatever.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I dont think you can say empty space and nothing are the same thing. If you do then you really arent thinking about what im trying to say. Space is something even though it might be empty.

What exactly is the absence of everything?

I believe you're right. I had the same thought a couple of months ago. Empty space sure is empty (as far as we know today), but it's there. It is not 'nothingness'.

I think the absence of everything is the point the universe almost reaches just before the big bang, after which the whole process repeats itself. Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Complete absence of everything is impossible in our universe, but local pockets may be possible (black holes - The Hawking Paradox)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is a better explained questio. The whole universe was contained in a microscopic point before the big bang.

What was around that microscopic point?

If the big bang caused the unverse to expand then It would have to have some kind of area or space around that microscopic point for the universe to have room to expand in to.

What if you could go fast enough to catch up to the edge of this exspansio and then pass it?

I Think that it is infinite space just all white. Like a blank sheet of paper that goes on forever.

www.legitwebcash.com

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes the space in an atom is pretty big...take out all the space in an atom ie the human body...and we would be preeeety small...dont have exact number,but microscopic i would think....anyway,i think the Universe...and i say universe in the sense of everything...not just our universe,i believe there is an infinite amount of universes.Our universe was created when two universes or branes collided.Im guessing this as there was never a beggining to energy so the infinite possibilities of what is outside our universe is hard to grasp...considering it has always been,and will always be....hurts my primate brain thinking of such things.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think outside our universe, there are some kind of structure that holds our universe,

meaning, some civilization in another #ing world created our universe ... it would have one universe inside another ... thats sick but thats a possibility ... but who made the first one ... haha ...

We need to talk to aliens to know more about this # ... really ...the thing that we will NEVER find out, because we dont have the time ... thats something that makes me sick

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

Originally posted by MrRobarto
Ahh yes nothing gets the mind boggling like a question about space.
My personal favourite question is where does space end? Is it just a wall at the end? And whats beyond the wall!

Universe is all there is!
There is no outside....

Also, Universe is not expanding “into“....it is just the expansion of space itself...

man, that is just NOT possible ... its IMPOSSIBLE that just our universe exist and there's nothing else ... I mean, man, my head is exploding just in thinking tha t... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
How many points are on the line? Well, the answer is: infinite!
Universe does not have to have spatial infinity in order to contain infinites.

And, there is also, temporal infinity ( constant change ) in closed , finite systems.

The Universe is finite and expanding - but, does not have a boundary.

Then - Universe is all that exist, and was existing and will exist.

In case you belive in “infinite“ Universe - there is no such thing as “outside“.

maybe there are no outside for US, but its impossible that there are nothing outside our universe, our universe must be part of something, even if it is a simulation

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
well yes all these theories about multiverses are confusing they are also logical. being that our universe is infinity large just the idea that somewhere in our universe the random arrangement of particles creates a completely identical universe. your other self though may have made different choices or that earth could be doing well during our times of financial crisis.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Space itself is a property of this universe, so you cannot say 'outside of the universe' as the definition of 'outside' requires the property of space. Space is not expanding into anything, rather the properties of the universe are getting larger allowing more of its contents to exist.

It like saying how many megabytes are there on the desk 'outside' of your computer upon which it sits. It makes no sense.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Studies by NASA etal have given evidence of non-confomance of dark matter flows across our universe that is unexplained in terms of what we understand as our interpretation of gravity as evidenced by our previous visual experience. One option theory is that these non-conformance dark matter flows is caused by matter formation created prior to our universe. That these unexplained flows are remenants of an earlier universe formation and invades our universe throughout its detectable areas One item to note is these flows are all moving in a single direction across our universe. It would give some indicaton that they are obeying a force similar to our universe's gravity but is different than ours but not affected by our type of gravity.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
our universe is the inside of a black hole, which is itself part of a mother universe. the bigbang of our universe was a supernova in the mother universe. when a black hole is created in our universe, it is actually a new universe being created.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join