It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hebrew,Greek? ~a book that Mysteriously disappeared~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I thought this would be interesting for discussion, as I just came across it in another forum of which I also write(forum is Greek)....I'm happy to see what your thoughts on the subject is.
Also, this is my first attempt at 'Skunk Works' not quite sure if this subject fits in here....if not, mods can take care of where it should go!
Ok, now for what is said on the subject....

n 1982, a suppressed, ages-old, historical truth, was resurrected through the publication of a book by Becket Publications of Oxford, England (ISBN O 7289 0013 O). The book, published in English, and titled Hebrew is Greek, was written by lawyer, linguist and researcher, Joseph Yahuda, the son of Isaac Benjamin Ezekiel Yahuda, an ethnic Jew and longtime researcher and linguist. Though Jewish both by nationality and religion, J. Yahuda could be considered a Greek-- according to Isocrates' definition of a Hellene [see definition below. ed.], since his decades-long, unbiased, and meticulously thorough search reveals the linguistic relationship of numerous groups of words in Hebrew, Greek and Arabic. Work that was published without fear or hesitation by a scholar whose only concern was for the discovery of the truth.

Following the book's publication, and while only a limited number of copies circulated for a few fortunate individuals, the book disappeared from the face of the earth. info

Greek Forum

thanks,
helen

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It sure seems like an interesting subject for a discussion. The information on the link was interesting, and it would be great to be able to read the actual book to see how he came to his conclusions.
It is hard though to imagine arabic coming from greek, though they are from arround the same area their overall speach is quite different on top of all the many dialects there are in arabic.The later claim that just about all languages come from greek or are related to it seems a little strong as well, but it would probably be best to try and find the book before guessing at what was said.
I wonder, when the book was first published did anyone buy a copy?
Because then you could try and track them down.
Very interesting post, I'll try and find more info on the book.

Found a link with some more info, but not much, apparently the wiki page for the author was deleted.
go figure
wikidumper.blogspot.com...
It's in the bottom comments, not the actual article.

[edit on 13/5/2007 by MAD47]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MAD47

Hi/
I know it's been two years,
Resurrecting an old thread.
Has anyone read this book?

I found a few links that do work and the book can be downloaded.
link

helen

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is this the book you all are looking for??

www.scribd.com...

Not sure, just trying to help-tis interesting

LV

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have skimmed through this book and it is very interesting to say the least. I would love to hear from others that have read the whole thing....

Here is another link that says it is part 2

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I have skimmed through this book and it is very interesting to say the least. I would love to hear from others that have read the whole thing....

Here is another link that says it is part 2

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by LeoVirgo]

Hi/
Thanks for the links LeoVirgo.
I haven't as yet read the book,

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Great stuff Helen!

I'll be sending this to my Greek and Jewish friends...

Maybe it will open an eye or two somewhere down the line...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek
Great stuff Helen!

I'll be sending this to my Greek and Jewish friends...

Maybe it will open an eye or two somewhere down the line...

Hi Gio/

Yes, that would be great!
It would be nice to see if they have heard or know of this ...
To be honest , I have yet to read the book...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Giasou helena

vrika to biblio me Google
prepi na psaxnis gia ("Hebrew is Greek" PDF)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Giasou helena

vrika to biblio me Google
prepi na psaxnis gia ("Hebrew is Greek" PDF)

Hi Warren!
Euxaristo (thank you)

Yes,thank you for the 'help search'...I found this a few years ago, but I enjoy reading books rather then 'net books' that I have yet to read up on it...
Ellinas eistai , i italos?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ουτε. Έζησα στην Ελλάδα για 8 χρόνια.
Όμορφη χώρα, νόστιμο φαγητό και κρασί και πολύ καλούς ανθρώπους.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ta Ellinika sou einai poli kala!
Well, you speak and write very well in Greek!

Hospitality,yes, they are great!
Sadly,good and bad people.... they are found amongst us all!
Take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

ps...Se pio meros tis Ellados isoun?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
To those that may still be interested in downloading a copy of
''Hebrew is Greek'' by Joseph
Here is PART 1/
www.scribd.com...

PART 2/
www.scribd.com...

Apperantly the book is rare and it sells for over one thousand dollars on Amazon!

I don't really know ,or have read much on the subject,but those that are interested,can also have a look at what other people are saying about it on another forum....
LINK

By: George C. Chryssis
The question whether the Greek alphabet is an invention of the Hellenes, or it is a modified import of the Phoenician alphabet, has long been debated by linguists, scholars and historians alike.
The web site “writingsystems.com” states that “although Greek has traditionally been considered to be the mother of alphabets, the first to represent vowels as well as consonants, scholars are now divided on whether Greek was in fact the ancestor of all others or whether some [letters] came from Phoenician in other ways.”
In addition, in the book “The World of the Bible” the author, Roberta Harris, writes that “to the Greeks also belongs the credit for the invention of the vowel system… when the Greeks founded colonies in Italy, the alphabet was taken up by the peoples there… and has come down to us via the Romans…”
For more on the subject, please go to the LINK provided..

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well, it seems that this thread has gone unoticed!
here is a video of ''HEBREW IS GREEK''

Believe me, History will finally make sense!

There is alot of information in Greek,but I haven't really found much in English...
For those that understand or speak and read Greek...

There's a facebook page you can visit...
HERE on facebook LINK

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hi Mods?

I believe that this post belongs in the ''General Conspiracy'' forum, as it quite does not make it for Skunk Works....
Could one of the mods please move this thread to the appropriate forum discussion thread...

thanks,
IX
helen

top topics

join