It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cranked up my big Tesla coil....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nice! Werent, you just in Popsci or NewScientist or something like that? Anyhow I heard about you somehow, and now have a really sweet wallpapaer on my work PC. Cheers

How deeply have you studied Tesla's works? I did a paper on him when I was in college, and there was some craaaazy stuff out there that he had claimed he did. You know anything about those claims? Regardless your work is really nice.
Let us know when you start building the new Wardenclyffe

Keep us posted man!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow a real genuine mad sceintist who works from home. (Only Joking)

This is awesome stuff i am absolutely amazed by your site i believe everyone should flick through it some truly interesting experiments

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
TDU,
Well met, and welcome to ATS.

Do you only repeat Tesla's experiments, or do you some off-the-wall
stuff of your own ?

This is in no way meant as an insult ! What you do is rather amazing !

Just wondering what other lines of experimentation you have/are
exploring.

Regards,
Lex

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So what does it feel like when those bolts hit you? I've sene too many photos where people weren't exactly a safe distance from the bolt range.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
that's the spirit tesladownunder!

you need to check out this fun event if you have not been. it's chuck full of people just like you. burning man

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's one hell of a Tesla monster..

Keep the site updated with more! The pictures are truely spectacular!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Amazing stuff TDU!

Welcome to ATS and thankyou for doing such great work.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Tesladownunder welcome to ATS.

At first I thought those images were photoshopped, but no, they are just amazing.

One critisizm, cycle shorts?....

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Excellent, way above excellent.

I am thrilled to see that you are actually having these experiments based on Tesla´s work... What great pictures you make, very well done!

I just wonder if you ever heard about a discovery he made called Cold Electricity"?

A completely new form of energy, which a Dr. Peter Lindemann linked to the Ed Gray motor. The key to free energy is already known, it lies within a technology called Cold Electricity- Nicola Tesla found it by accident, but it was duly suppressed and almost forgotten.

Peter Lindemann analysed the Ed Gray motor and discovered Gray used the specific HV circuit which produces a massive amount of excess energy using the release of stored electricity in capacitators and releasing it through a series of pulses.

Look for: Peter Lindemann in combination with Edwin Gray, Nicola Tesla and Cold Electricity. There used to be lots of videos available on video.google.com but there are for some reason gone.. True energy from the void, which can be proven by building a simple HV circuit (and has been done so). The law of conservation of energy is at best incomplete, and this circuit proves it.

On P2P like emule you will find the work of Lindemann in video and writing, and how to build this High Voltage circuit.

More info here

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Truth4hire]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've loved your site for awhile now and am pleased that your here on ATS for us to pick your brain...

I'm also hoping that some of our Canadian members will be thoughtful enough to tape the show (Discovery Channel) and post it somewhere (in short segments please) for us to all enjoy... that would be grand!

I'm keeping my post short as I need to chat with my other backyard scientist associates for all the queries were going to besiege you with... LOL

But I will ask one sensationalized question...

Whats the biggest "Oh-Oh, that isn't good" event that's happened that became or had disastrous results? (Or if there's more than one or two, please tell...)

Johnny

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey TDU,

How many shocks have you had yet?

Honestly!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
MAN!! THAT IS WILD!!

WATS!

[edit on 13-5-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for posting here, TDU. My husband just told me he's been to your site before. He loves this stuff! I think he would move in next door if he could

That Tesla coil sure beats a bounce house for birthday parties

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Way cool, I too have been to your site many times!

Now all you need are some megavolt diodes, some SrTiO3, copper plates and you are ready for take off!

Question, have you ever seen a successful build of the BTC-5 kit?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks for everyones enthusaism. I am just a quite sensible family guy who keeps a low profile in his home country. I have to since a lot of what I do is illegal or contravenes some electrical/laser/nuclear/RF Emission code.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant...
Seriously, it would be interesting to hear about some of your opinions about Tesla, the man and the myths. I'd especially like to hear about what you have to say about the myths -- especially those concerning Tesla's work in weather control.

I am not a great authority on Tesla's works. But one thing is clear to me. Not all of what Tesla said or was quoted as saying in the press at the time is true. A lot is fanciful and has no scientific basis. If you believe "sparks rising 200 feet out of the ground at 25 miles" , then I beg to differ. Tesla's method of measuring sparks was along the convolutions. His true point to point spark length is much shorter. From recollection the actual distance was 22 feet which is still very impressive for the equipment of the day.
He did much other stuff like resonance , weather control and death rays but much does not stand up to modern scrutiny.
I'm sorry, but I (along with modern science) don't believe in free energy, antigravity or him causing the Tunguska explosion.
That is not to say he did not do amazing things and his inventions were revolutionary.
I am not trying to reproduce his stuff or invent new things. I just like making stuff using interesting physics that gives nice photos. I am a simple fellow.
I will try to respond to some of the other comments later.

TDU

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, that is an amazing picture.

You say that this is the huge one, how many have you made?

I am amazed by this, i am in college and a Physics major and this is so fascinating. You build these things, so i guess that the tools are out there. Have you tryed any modifications and specilizations on the Coil?

You should also send this picture to Coast to Coast, once you have a chance.

[edit on 5/13/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Man TDU, that is some pretty amazing stuff!! I wish you were my dad growing up

The car photo is amazing! I can't believe that!

But seriously, like SteveR mentioned earlier, have you been hit with any serious voltage yet?

Please forgive my morbid curiosity

XL5

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi TDU, are you going to get the papers done up for operating the lasag laser you have? If not, are you willing to sell the 57 deg polarizer optic (I have the same laser head).

Also, have you tried to see what effects putting a bismuth block in/near one of your solid state maglev coils would be? Maybe bismuth with a magnet taped to it?

You have some awsome long exposure pics! WATS!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakesRegards to can-crushing, have you ever built a device to shrink objects, like quarters, pennies etc?

My coinshrinking effort is here and the coin is shrunk so much it is nearly spherical. At 5kJ, these are the highest energies I have used the cap bank at. It is capable of 16kJ though but blast containment becomes a real issue as does the noise (AK47 bullet = 2kJ).

Originally posted by subject x
Y'know, there are probably a few people around here who would derive benefit from something along the lines of a "how-to" thread. You know, tips, tricks, and various bits of info to make their own projects more fulfilling (and probably safer).

With "how-to" stuff I am very aware of safety. The last thing I want is some kid pulling apart a microwave oven and using this absolutely lethal device as a first HV project. So I don't publish detailed plans as a rule. However, I was receiving a lot of enquiries so I made up a little project to make 1 inch sparks that are safe and battery operated and any shocks from this will just serve as a do not touch lesson to be repeated as many times as you like. The setup only has an ignition coil, relay and capacitor.

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Yeah TDU can you get a anti gravity propulsion system working. Or even sort of ZPE device running

Originally posted by groingrinder
For some time I have wanted to experiment with a tesla coil, crystal, pyramid combination.

Don't forget that I have a straight science approach. So no antigravity, ZPE, crystals pyramids or the like.
Western Australia is building one of the worlds few gravity wave detectors along with LIGO and VIRGO and I have some association with this in a very peripheral way. The people there know more about gravity than you could imagine. They would laugh at you if you mentioned antigravity. Of course for the scientifically inclined, dark energy on a universe wide scale behaves a bit in this way, giving acceleration of the expanding universe. Not really something you run your DeLorean on though.

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Nice! Werent, you just in Popsci or NewScientist or something like that? How deeply have you studied Tesla's works? I did a paper on him when I was in college, and there was some craaaazy stuff out there that he had claimed he did. You know anything about those claims?

It was IEEE Spectrum (engineering magazine) with the Tesla coil on the car as a centerfold. That photo got pretty wide coverage on the net. My wild guess is that 1/2 million people saw it since over 100,000 then went on to my site.
And Tesla's stuff. Much of it wonderful, some of it purely fanciful and clearly impossible. It might be easy to see this now 150 years later but at the time it was all new and magical.

Originally posted by Lexion
Do you only repeat Tesla's experiments, or do you some off-the-wall
stuff of your own ?

Every time you or I turn on a switch I am repeating some of Tesla's experiments. His influence in the electrical world particularly of AC, was profound. I don't try to replicate his experiments. I mostly try to make big sparks and pretty pictures. Sounds childish but close to the truth. I am not trying to change the world.

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So what does it feel like when those bolts hit you? I've sene too many photos where people weren't exactly a safe distance from the bolt range.

I've never been hit by one and have no intention of doing so. I let small weak sparks jump 2 inches onto my hand but that is different. It shouldn't be fatal but will cause small burns and a very unpleasant shock.

TDU

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Tesla
What do you think about this Irish company then that is working on a "free energy" device.
The device will be ready for public viewing in June/July, it is under going private tests by scientists at the moment.
www.steorn.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join