It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards a Gateway of Evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is something that has puzzled me since the third grade when a classmate brought a homemade board in for show-n-tell and discussed its use. I myself have never owned or played with one, but I have heard of two different accounts of the Ouija's uncanny power.

First, I knew a kid in highschool who was so obssessed with it, that it became his world. He thought of himself as a prophet because he asked the spirit he communicated with futuristic things (school related like what will Ms. Comway wear and Teach on Wednesday?) and they came to be true.
Then all of a sudden, we didnt see him for a few weeks. He returned and told people that the spirit he was communicating with made threats to his parents and he threw the board away in anger. He said the next morning, the board returned lying on the floor in front of his door. He told his parents the accounts and they had him put in a 'institution'. He later became a "cutter" and dropped out of highschool. I havent heard from him since.

Then my father told me of an account in which is co-worker had a daughter who was obsessed with it. The co-worker thought it was rubbish, so on a weekend while his daughter was working, the Father toyed with it and asked "How do you know my daughter?" The Ouija respond, "I sleep with her every night." Then went on to answer intimate questions about the father and mother saying that "He watches them in the bedroom and bathroom."
The Father also through away the board, and the daughter became physically ill because the board was nowhere to be found for a few days and the father never told her he threw it out. After a few days, the board returned on the front porch.
His daughter recovered it and the spirit told her everything. Of course she became enraged and went off on her father. After some time, the daughter began to show bruises all over her body. Her mom had her checked out at the hospital and she had deep thigh bruises and other marks as if she had been raped.
Finally when she returned from the hospital, the daughter agreed to get rid of the board and the father threw it into the fireplace. He told my dad that ever since he did that, paranormal activity such as his bed shaking, furniture moving and whispers in the dark occured. The daughter eventually bought another board to smooth things over, but the family had to move because things got so bad.

Oh, and back when i was in third grade one of the smart/rich kids who's father own a chain of car dealerships asked if he was going to be successful like his dad and brothers. The triangle went to "No" then spelled "Nomad". at my 10 year reunion, I learned that the guy got into drugs and the family cut ties with him. Last I heard, he was a homeless junky.

Has anyone heard of or experienced strange occurences with the Ouija? I've also heard that if you make a traingle with your fingers using your thumbs and index finger; put it on the ground with 'Yes' and 'No' drawn in the dirt, you can do a human like Ouija...

Is this board game really that powerful? Can spirits enter through and torment you through the Ouija? If so, why is it still being sold?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I once attended a seminar by Ed and Lorraine Warren, in Connecticut. They are ghost hunters/demon busters .. whatever you want to call them. The investigate hauntings. The Catholic Church used them to go to homes as well .. OFFICIALLY used them.

They were VERY specific. NEVER NEVER NEVER use Ouija boards. Lorraine said it's like running across a highway - you can run across and not get hit by a car, but if you do it enough times then eventually you are going to get struck and hurt badly.

They worked with this stuff all the time.
They know what they were talking about.
DO NOT touch ouija boards.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I must say that in college we messed around with the ouiji board once or twice with a group of friends and some beverages.

Nothing happened to me or my friends (that I know about). But there are stories, and some people advising not to use it EVER. We were aware of the horror stories, and just hought it was urban legend or myths sent out by the church. So the only way to find out was we tried it!

This is from wiki:

Many anecdotal stories regarding the consequences of using Ouija boards exist in modern culture. Although Ouija boards are viewed by some to be a simple toy, there are people who believe they can be harmful, including Edgar Cayce, who called them "dangerous."[7] Believers warn that evil demons pretend to be cooperative ghosts in order to trick players into becoming spiritually possessed. Others believe the Quija Board or 'Talking Board' is a passage way for the devil / satan to come into our world.

Some practitioners claim to have had bad experiences related to the use of talking boards by being haunted by "demons," seeing apparitions of spirits, and hearing voices after using them. A few paranormal researchers, such as John Zaffis, claim that the majority of the worst cases of so-called demon harassment and possession are caused by the use of Ouija boards. The American demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, stated that "Ouija boards are just as dangerous as drugs."[8] They further state that "séances and Ouija boards and other occult paraphernalia are dangerous because 'evil spirits' often disguise themselves as your loved ones—and take over your life."[9]

In 1944, occultist Manly P. Hall, the founder of the Philosophical Research Society and an early authority on the occult in the 20th century, stated in Horizon magazine that, "during the last 20-25 years I have had considerable personal experience with persons who have complicated their lives through dabbling with the Ouija board. Out of every hundred such cases, at least 95 are worse off for the experience." He went on to say that, "I know of broken homes, estranged families, and even suicides that can be traced directly to this source."[10]

Some Christians hold the belief that using a Ouija board allows communication with demons, which they say is Biblically forbidden as a form of divination.[11] Some people who claim to have been oppressed by evil spirits after using a board say that they could only get rid of these problems after Christian deliverance.[12] Some Christians believe that no dead person's soul can be summoned, and that the only summoned spirits are demons who are trying to harm humans.[13]

As early as 1924, Harry Houdini wrote that five people from Carrito, California were driven insane by using a board.[14] That same year, Dr. Carl Wickland in his book stated that "the serious problem of alienation and mental derangement attending ignorant psychic experiments was first brought to my attention by cases of several persons whose seemingly harmless experiences with automatic writing and the Ouija board resulted in such wild insanity that commitment to asylums was necessitated."[15]

The former medical director of the State Insane Asylum of New Jersey, Dr. Curry, stated that the Ouija board was a "dangerous factor" in unbalancing the mind and believed that if their popularity persisted insane asylums would be filled with people who used them.[16]

Decades later, in 1965, parapsychologist Martin Ebon in his book Satan Trap: Dangers of the Occult, states that "it all may start harmlessly enough, perhaps with a Ouija board," which will, "bring startling information... establishing credibility or identifying itself as someone who is dead. It is common that people... as having been 'chosen' for a special task." He continues, "Quite often the Ouija turns vulgar, abusive or threatening. It grows demanding and hostile, and sitters may find themselves using the board compulsively, as if 'possessed' by a spirit, or hearing voices that control or command them."[17]

In her 1971 autobiography, the psychic Susy Smith said, "Warn people away from Ouija and automatic writing. I experienced many of the worst problems of such involvement. Had I been forewarned by reading that such efforts might cause one to run the risk of being mentally disturbed, I might have been more wary."[18]

Additionally, the late Roman Catholic priest Malachi Martin believed talking boards are dangerous and claimed that by using these devices a person opens themselves to demonic oppression or possession, topics upon which Martin spoke and wrote extensively for many years.[19]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have heard a couple stories and experienced some rather strange things with a friend of mine back in the day. We were about 15 then, I lived in a townhouse with several windows here and there. It was a nice, cool evening so we opened the 3 windows in the living room. Long story short, with a home-made board we attempted a couple of times without incident.
The next time however, we made contact with something calling themselves Satan. We proceded to ask questions when suddenly after we asked again, the planchette jerked to answer NO, after this the windows that were open, all simultaniously slammed shut, my friend and I looked at eachother and proceeded to the front of the townhouse absolutely flipped out. Haven't touched one since.
That's my experience with the Ouija.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
we had a door slam open all by itself when using a oujia board.
they are evil

although some say ideomotor motion is the cause of the pointer moving.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow, Frank Rizzo and Junglelord...

I've never heard good things from the Ouija so why does it remain one of the top selling board games in the world? I've even heard of some cases where Spontaneous Human Combustion was traced by Ouija users.

This is insane!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

He returned and told people that the spirit he was communicating with made threats to his parents and he threw the board away in anger. He said the next morning, the board returned lying on the floor in front of his door. He told his parents the accounts and they had him put in a 'institution'. He later became a "cutter" and dropped out of highschool. I havent heard from him since.

The Father also through away the board, and the daughter became physically ill because the board was nowhere to be found for a few days and the father never told her he threw it out. After a few days, the board returned on the front porch.

Well, in high school me and my friends actually went through a Ouija board phase. Even before that though I heard stories like the one you posted. The most common one seems to be that when someone burns the board it comes back unscathed. I remember hearing about specific people in my school in relation to stories like these. Now there are two things which I think this could be: either the board really does return once burned or that the stories are basically urban legends helped along by our culture (movies, the general Christian position on the board, etc.).

Now I will admit some interesting things happened while we were messing with the board, but looking back I think it is more easily explained by our mentality as a group of teenagers looking to have some fun/danger/magic in our lives. We wanted to believe it, so we did, and everything flows from that.

Play with the board all you want, it can be good fun to fool around with it (especially if you're a skeptic and you can watch the reactions of believers). No demons are going to get you, no ghosts are going to haunt you. On the other hand, if you don't think you can cope with it psychologically and realize that it has nothing to do with the paranormal, then you may haunt yourself with psychological demons instead. So if that's the case, if you're a strong believer, then I say for your own peace of mind don't bother with it.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
From my own experience (which I will not go into right now with full details), the best advice I can give is never use them..

And if you do, never ask things to come into you...

Trust me on that, from my own experience finding a ouija board that I found in an attic of a old house I was renting during college...

You might say, why in hell would ask something to come into you? Lets just I was on ecstacy (with two other girls), I had the urge to go get the ouija board that was in the house's attic (i found it there a month or so before, in the attic), and I silently asked the question for something to come into me. Almost as if I didn't have a choice, I just did it.

I was not right again until I left the house four months later and went to an actual mass (weird events included, seeing shadow people and actual orbs in the house (not in pictures), finding myself sitting in the basement of the house with no lights on in the dark, hearing voices in my head and in the house, walking to a near by ww1 memorial that was near the house that I did not know about (i did this barefoot, and randomly out of nowhere), and tons of other things occured during this time. I will never touch another one as long as I live.

I swear to this.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by squidboy]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I can tell you this, and you can test it yourself to prove the veracity of what I say.

Pray over the board, and light a white candle, and pray that "only love & light will come through the board, and NO NEGATIVE ENERGY will be allowed to come through it while your using it....only beings intending your highest good".........
.........then when you try to use it it will NOT work at all

I ONLY works when lower negative energies come through it............
Light beings NEVER work through the board.
NADDA....NEVER.
Se' la vi ................It is a tool of DARKNESS only.

So YES.......this nasty negative communicator is only a tool of lower entities and darkness............VERY VERY BAD BAD BAD JOO JOO

try this for yourself..........but ~BE WARNED~ do NOT try it in the home you live in, or ANYONE else!!!!!
You will only open the door for bad things to come into your home!!!!!

Your next thread will be all.....
"PLEASE HELP ME how do I make the scary DARK things leave me alone????????"

[edit on 12-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I can tell you this, and you can test it yourself to prove the veracity of what I say.

Pray over the board, and light a white candle, and pray that "only love & light will come through the board, and NO NEGATIVE ENERGY will be allowed to come through it while your using it....only beings intending your highest good".........
.........then when you try to use it it will NOT work at all

I ONLY works when lower negative energies come through it............
Light beings NEVER work through the board.
NADDA....NEVER.
Se' la vi ................It is a tool of DARKNESS only.

So YES.......this nasty negative communicator is only a tool of lower entities and darkness............VERY VERY BAD BAD BAD JOO JOO

try this for yourself..........but ~BE WARNED~ do NOT try it in the home you live in, or ANYONE else!!!!!
You will only open the door for bad things to come into your home!!!!!

Your next thread will be all.....
"PLEASE HELP ME how do I make the scary DARK things leave me alone????????"

[edit on 12-5-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

^^^^

The part about asking how to make the scary dark things leave me alone, is sadly true, at least in my case it was...

During the time I even went to see my Parish Priest, but when I finally went there, I didn't remember why and I babbled on about alot of unrelated stuff, ending with him telling me I was suffering a manic spell, and to admit myself to the hospital.

Which I did, and ended up being hospitalized for a month. When I returned back to the house on medication, the same things continued until I left the house, went to an actual mass, and recieved communion..

I never had before or since any mental issues ever.

The craziest part about the whole thing, depsite being a Catholic, I hardly practice it at all. That mass I went to was the first I went to since being confirmed.

Its so odd that the reason I went to see the Priest was to tell him about what I was experiencing after using the board, and I didn't remember as soon as I stepped in the Rectory(sp?). Like I drove there, trying to remember everything about what I was experiencing, and went in basically seeing the man as an enemy.

Let me just say it was scarey scarey stuff. My friends will tell you the same thing, it was like I opened up a window into something I couldn't control, to much info came to me at one time and I lost it. I had alot of knowledge out of nowhere, and I experienced alot of odd stuff I still can't explain (just some of the stuff listed above).

In the end, I still can not explain it. The oddest part, and I talked about this in a seperate thread regarding a different topic, I left the house having cluster headaches, losing 2 relationships (long term gf of 4 years and then another after that), and about 95 percent of my friends.

My doctors now tell me, my manic happening was a result of the a steroid used for cluster headaches. Still doesn't explain 90 percent of the other stuff, or the fact that I am now off of all meds and have been so for 3 years with no problem.

The scariest part about the headaches, were the fact that during the headaches, I would hear a voice telling me it would stop, if I gave my soul. I've since had the headaches, but only in that house after the board event did I hear such a voice.

Take my advice, if you find one randomly in an old house, do not use it and do not put yourself in the position to be swayed to.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by squidboy]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
LOL, Rivergoddess is a trip.

I dont actually have a board nor intend on getting one. Actually, after I strtted this thread, my oldest brother called me and I told him about this site. He told me that he and his soldier friends (he came back from Iraq as a Navy soldier) played with one asking questions about the location of Osama and what not.

Thing is...EVERYONE in my family have noticed that our loving and smart relative is going through something. he's always on the run, and often burst into tears for no reason. He REFUSES to go to church like he use to and overall...he's just weird.

We jokingly behind his back call him 'Shell Shocked', but since I heard about his account with the Ouija, I wonder if that played a part in his weirdness.

So Densha and Rivergoddess, the Ouija is basically a psychological game? I've also heard that if you place a bible beside it and try to play with the board, you smell sulfer and your hand will have a burning sensation...that doesnt sound to sexy...lol

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Which only proves that it's all in the user's mind. If you want to believe that it won't work when you pray over it then that will be self-fulfilled, it's psychology 101 type stuff we're dealing with here.

Years later, as far as my experience goes, when me and my roommate in college, both skeptics by that time, tried using the board on several occasions to have fun with the idiomotor effect, it wouldn't work no matter what. We didn't pray of course, any negative energy or demon or whatever could have come through, but since in our minds we realized it was a simple psychological mechanism at work, we couldn't get ourselves to do it.

You really have to believe it to make it work, or at least be among a few people that believe it. A group of skeptics - real, hardcore, scientific, atheistic skeptics - just can't make it work (although many times it brings about a lot of giggling and laughing at how silly the whole thing is).

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I say we round up 100 boards, ask them all where osama is, and head to the area of general consensus. If he’s not there we chuck the faulty boards and start again.

I think someone would’ve attributed a jackpot or two to these things if they hold much power, but I’m superstitious so I’ll stay clear just the same.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have had a Ouija board since about the age of 10. Have not had 1 bad experience....ever. No attacks, bad dreams, evil threats...nada.
I also don't believe that you can trust anything that comes out of them as genuine. Whether spirits, your own subconcious or a combo of both, the messege cannot be taken for face value.

I don't believe that you can conger up a evil spirit using them, any more than you could by asking for a spirit to make contact with you for a photo op.
(I've done this lots and am still here and kickin' with no demon scars to tell about.)
At least....It has never happened in any of my experiences .

Otherwise I believe that there would be all kinds of proof for the existence of a hereafter easily available. Every ghost hunter would own one with tons of interesting photos.

Not to say that people haven't had bad experiences, but I have a hard time believing that a small board is the ultimate culprit.
I think it might be more of the person using it and the energy/emotion that they're putting into it, that might let themselves be open for a bad experience.

I too have heard that a prayer should be used before evoking a spirit to communicate through the board.
Couldn't hurt if it makes ya' feel better.

Myself, I just try to clear my thoughts, ask that if a truthful spirit would like to communicate it may by directing it's energy to this board.
I thank them for the contact made, if any.
That's about it.

Don't take any responses as true. Take the mystery as why you even get a response as the fun. I think that perhaps it's the energy of the user/s that is being directed by the ?......subconcious, a spirit...whatever.

I've never had any luck photographing anything while using one either. Not certain why as I've had them at other times while not trying to be spiritually active/intune.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by Scytale]

[edit on 12-5-2007 by Scytale]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Never mind

[edit on 12-5-2007 by bprintz1]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have never played it, but did come close once. It has been played by multiple people in my house once, and when they were all seperate I asked them what happened and what was said. They all had the same story, so I believe them. I have always believe it is real, but something won't happen everytime.

My best advice to you is listen to everyone elses advice. You will almost never hear someone say, "play it, it's good for you!." So think about that, whether you believe it's evil or not, what do you have to gain from playing this game? Nothing.

Remember, if you have to question something, maybe you shouldn't do it.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
stay away from them. Evil cannot come into you unless you allow it. And these boards are a way they can enter.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I have used a Ouija board once with a friend we just asked a few questions & nothing else happend. I would use one again

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
some one brought up a point

why has no one won the lotto with it if it works?

[edit on 13-5-2007 by tom_roberts]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
ho hum , several of my friend believe in it - i most certainly do not - and thwn it put them to a " blind test " , as recounted in this ATS thread they were singularly incapable of producing any coherent message

[sarcasm] i wonder why that is [/sarcasm]

if "oouiji " tapps ` the ultimate evil ` as claimed - why can ultimate evil not work blind ?

as you can see , no one replied to my last thread on this topic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join