It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Bush appoint the Iran-Contra Scandaleers as top staff?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The Iran Contra Crew under GWB

Robert Gates: Secretary of Defense
www.gwu.edu...

Charles E. Allen: Chief Intelligence Officer at the Department of Homeland Security.

Admiral John Poindexter: Director of the Information Awareness Office.

John Negroponte: National Intelligence Director.

Elliott Abrams: Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director on the National Security Council for Near East and North African Affairs.

Otto Reich: His old job, attempting to overthrow Latin American governments, as head of the Office of Public Diplomacy.

How about some other criminals like Henry Kissinger, the East Timor & Operation CONDOR mastermind & Vietnam / Cambodia slayer, as the chairman of the 9/11 Commission.

What gives?
Is he just trying to rub it in our faces? How do you justify giving criminals and mass murderers their old jobs back and then pat yourself on the back for being the "do-gooder" "Christian"? Even more importantly, how can a person look at this one issue alone and still support him afterwards, if any? I'm really curious here.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
These are people him and his father can trust.

Where is Ollie North though? they forgot to get him a job.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Because maybe Iran-Contra was not a scandal?

Helping rebels overthrow a communist government was a noble effort.

Democrats loved the communist leader and threw a fit. With the media on their side, they turned it into a scandal.

Same thing happens today. If the media says it, it must be true.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

So what your saying, is terrorism is ok, so long as its against our enemies?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

correct a mundo...
it was an affair
dirty and sorid...
like all affairs...
but definately not a scandel.
besides those men deserve those new appointments, they have experience in affairs like Iraq

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBliss
Why does Bush appoint the Iran-Contra Scandaleers as top staff?

Simple really. These are all people who probably know where Daddy Bush buried all the bodies, so to speak.

Originally posted by junglelord
correct a mundo...
it was an affair
dirty and sorid...
like all affairs...
but definately not a scandel.

Semantics. You say Tomayto we say Tomahto.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
Where is Ollie North though? they forgot to get him a job.

He's busy on Fox News propagating to the "conservatives" (pro-imperialists).

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

So the Sandinistas were "leftist", therefore they were "commies"??

Nevermind that they overthrew a de facto oligarchial dictatorship, which was installed by the US. Hey forget that they established democratic elections and and national constitution. Kill 'em!
50,000 died.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Iran-Contra was a scandal. And also let's not forget the great overthrown of a democratic leader called Mossadeq to instaure a dictatorship and the overthrown of a dictatorship in Iraq too. That lead us where we are now.

When a good leader get in power or there's a revolution, I hope we make a great tribunal where all those pieces of .... are hanged for treason and war crimes. If they flee, we get them no matter where they are, by force if necessary.

I never believed in the whole BS about if we don't stop communism to spread like in Afghanistan or Vietnam, we'll be defeated. Iran did kick the butt of both parties and was democratic until the imperialists in Washington decided the democracy was finish. The US leaders are better at killing democracy than bringing it.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
ya know, if my memory serves me right, we sold arms to IRan....against sanctions thus breaking our laws, to fund the contras, didn't we...
I believe that's how it went. and now, who's the great threat....with all it's weapons of mass destructions? Iran????

na, it wasn't a scandal, it was treason!!!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
dont expect RRconservative to reply. he posts once than leaves the thread without giving further justification.

Its not surprise these people found newer jobs within key whitehouse positions. Cant let the architechs of these wars of attrition go hungry can you?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
InSpiteOf: if you hadn't said that I wouldn't have known that troll was in this thread :p hes prolly the only person on my ignore list.

Anyway, YES, it seems that the US is perfectly ok with terrorists as long as they work for the US and not against them.

Al-Quada was created by the CIA to fight the Russians, remember?

There are terror groups all over the world that received US funding.

Heck, the CIA themselves staged terror attacks in Iran, when there was a perfectly good elected president in power there. Instead their actions brought the mullahs to power, the same jackasses that have brought the situation so far that the US can go play another wargame over in Iran.

Funny thing is that if all this terrorist funding the US provides to allied terror groups would stop, alot of the enemy terror groups would run out of money too. Because in alot of cases both these allied and enemy groups are related or plain simple in cahoots.

And also, if you check the Bush appointees that aren't involved in the big scandals, you'll find alot of the other ones are convicted criminals, convicted for financial scandals and the sorts and if they aren't like that, they are most likely connected in to some of the biggest corporations in the world and all of those are involved in fishy stuff, but never got or never will get convicted for anything.

[edit on 15/5/07 by thematrix]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
InSpiteOf: if you hadn't said that I wouldn't have known that troll was in this thread :p hes prolly the only person on my ignore list.

Ive nailed him on a few (the ones ive seen) of his conservative propaganda moments in a few other thread, thinking he'd retort back, but no luck

Just as the CIA used Ex-NAZI officals to launch terror programs in south america, the current reactionaries in the whitehouse use these policy makers to wreak terror across any number of soverign states.

top topics

join