It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Blackout on Republican Candidate Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have seen the blackout, censoring, and deletion of comments about Ron Paul everywhere, including Myspace, CNN, ABC News, Fox News, and MSNBC. No major media outlet is covering his canidacy at all, even though he has won many polls, the biggest one being the one on MSNBC.com after the debate:

In the MSNBC.com rating window of 72,419 votes at 8:10 PM EDT, Friday, May 4, Ron Paul not only had the highest positive rating:

32% Paul
30% Romney
26% Giuliani
21% McCain
14% Huckabee
9% Brownback
9% Tancredo
8% Hunter
8% Thompson
6% Gilmore

...but he also had the lowest negative rating:

29% Paul
35% Romney
37% Huckabee
40% Giuliani
42% McCain
43% Gilmore
43% Hunter
45% Thompson
45% Tancredo
46% Brownback

Here are the standings of that same poll now: www.msnbc.msn.com...

He wins there own poll, and they barely talk about him. This makes no sense. The Mainstream Media is trying to support this man who is pro-constitution and against the war in Iraq. Check out how he thinks on the issues at: www.ronpaul2008.com.

If you like what you see, then get vocal about him, because the mainstream media just wants another corrupt, big-government puppet like all of the other candidates who are running. He seems like the only man who can save us from corrupt big government.

[edit on 5/12/07 by Kosmo Yagkoto]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'd have to disagree, I've sen a few mentions of him.

The only reason I think he is'nt talked about all the time, is because he's not really seen
as a definite winner, just because he does good in some opinion polls, does'nt mean
he's going to actually do good in voting.

I personally refuse to vote for him, as I highly dislike him and nearly everything he advocates.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
this article would suggest differently.
he is being surpressed by the machine.

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm saying this as sort of a neutral entity, just trying to be helpful, so please don't think otherwise.

I don't know about other people, but I generally don't really believe things that come from the infowars website.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I'm saying this as sort of a neutral entity, just trying to be helpful, so please don't think otherwise.

I don't know about other people, but I generally don't really believe things that come from the infowars website.

You are being civil and thus, you are fine. I just don't understand not even mentioning the guy. I understand that they won't get as much coverage as Rudy or Romney, but who would get that much press unless they've been in as many scandals/flip flops as those those two guys.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is an almost complete and obvious media blackout regarding Mr.Paul and his 'pro"constitution ethics, I am finding it hard to believe that anyone with even moderate brain functions can not see this and where this 'election" is headed!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Fox News had an explanation for why Ron Paul did so well in their poll even after the deliberate smear job that constituted their presidential debate - online activists were skewing the numbers.

There's only one problem with that claim - the poll was by text message only and no online votes were taken!

Neo-Con blog sites like Little Green Footballs are now removing Ron Paul from their polls because too many people are voting for him! This is not as a result of one person voting multiple times, as in all the online polls only one vote per IP address is allowed, but the operators of the site simply don't like Ron Paul and have chosen to ignore reality and pretend that he doesn't exist.

The reality in wich many people live in what they think is freedom is created by the media. I am sure the mass media hates the internet.
Videos with Ron Paul :
video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have known about Ron Paul for over 20 years now. I also know about his constitutional stance and his knowlege of the money issues.

Ron Paul from the begining has been for constitutional money systems which is precisely why both dominant political partys dont want him around and will use their shills...the media to prevent coverage of him. If Ron Paul by some fluke won the election both of the partys would be in big trouble since Ron Paul does not believe in unlimited goverenment spending by creating new moneys through deficits.

This would automatically put limits on government and whoever is really pulling the puppet strings of our government by limiting their ability to feed at the public trough.

If you want limited government as per the constitution the only way to get it is to cut the purse strings. Ron Paul knows this.

One of the reasons Ron Paul and others are against the Iraq war is that it is an excuse and justification for continued deficits or deficit spending. The difference here is that the Democrats are pissed because the war limits their social deficit spending for votes verses the war/republican deficit spending for votes. Take your pick..how do you want the government to cheat you out of the purchasing power of your dollar....through social programs(democrats) or war programs(republicans). There really is no difference.
IN Vietnam, American rebuilt that country and brought it into the 20th century with a massive infusion of technology and moneys and then to make sure it did not go anywhere without permission ...Vietnam was put into storage by giving it all to the communists. Communists were the perfect storage tool/medium. They are way to stupid to make an economy function. A Gaurantee of no no econommic progress....ie...storage.
In Iraq, in like manner, the nation will be brought into the 21st century on the public purse and then to make sure no one else gets it it will be turned over to the Islamics for storage....ie ..no economic progress. Thus keeping the resources off the market and in storage. Yes oil was found on and offshore of Vietnam too. Radical Islam it appears is the new tool to replace the communists and keep nations and their resources in storage so as not to depress markets and of course prices.

Ron Paul knows this, I am sure. He also knows that wars have economic consequences and the Generals often take over the course of wars if they were not actually running them from the begining. A hijacking if you like..by the Generals. General Motors, General Electric , General Foods, General Dynamics and all the other Generals of industry and their creditors..banks and insurance companys who insure the loans.

This knowlege on he part of Ron Paul makes him Persona Non Grata in certain political circles. The danger of Ron Paul is that he will educate way to many people outside of the rigged market of ideas which constitute the two dominant political partys. You might actually get enough knowlege to realize the king has on no clothes and begin to think and behave outside the desired rigged political system.

Remember something else..outside of the media and politics..Public education is paid for or financed by the body politic. You will not get this view on Ron Paul or economics from them. All three are one and the same to keep your brain in storage and only functioning along predetermined, predictable, gauranteed paths...right into the voting booth.

Neither democrats or republicans want Ron Paul around. They must squelch him in the market of ideas.

By the way...Ron Paul came up in Politics with another man who was elected to the House of Represenatives..who also knew of the money scam being run by our goverenment through wars and social programs. This mans name was Larry Mcdonald. Larry Mcdonald was killed in the Korean Air Lines shoot down in the 1980s by a Russian Fighter somewhere off Japan. As I recall Larrry Mcdonald was one of the represenatives from the state of Georgia.

This should give you an idea of how hardball this profession is and always will be.

All the news media are deceiving you on Ron Paul. They dont want you to know any more about Ron Paul than they desire to let you know.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 12-6-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hello, I found this thread at the top of the list so I will share this video with you here!! The work of none only than Fox news..

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I personally refuse to vote for him, as I highly dislike him and nearly everything he advocates.

care to elaborate on why? So far, he is the ONLY candidate I would even consider voting for, and the only topic I don't agree with him on is abortion, but it's such a small issue, it makes no difference compared to all the other candidates stances on other topics.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The People have Spoken!!! Yet Fox Does it agin!! Please take some time to watch what happen in last nights debates!

"As the show progressed, it became obvious, as we have seen previously, that Ron Paul had the most support, hovering around 33 per cent," writes Raposa. "Around 11:25pm EST Hannity declared that though Ron Paul had DOUBLE the support of the tied for second place Giuliani and Huckabee it was clear that the "Paulites" were simply dialing in over and over again, devaluing his lead."

The video speaks for itself!! I only say this Ron Paul supporters, Keep up the good work! It just might Count this time around!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
wow, awesome video.

unfort, even with 100% of the public opinion in his favor, presidents are not elected by popular vote.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
good find zysin5, i am a dem i guess,but after seeing and folling RP i find myself leaning toward his way of thinking.

i think he shows the true meaning of what it is to be a patriot of this country... i will vote for him.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fox news should be sued for blatant fabrication that effects not only 1 man's future but an entire nations future.
The medias blackout of Ron Paul and Fox's obvious smear campaign should and is the 100% PROOF that the members of this site are always asking for.
There IS a mass conspiracy in this country, the media IS controlled, we ARE sheep.
I need no other proof, something else is controlling this country they have absolute control of our media and thus absolute control over any and all citizens who do not have internet or who do and have no desire to find other sources for news. (Which is my parents and grandparents generations, I am 33.)
I was raised believing I was free and should feel lucky to have been born in the US, so sad that it is all just a facade.
I pray Ron Paul wins by a landslide but I also worry for him and his family, but I am sure he has a plan, I am sure he has thought this all thru before he attempted this. I feel a man this knowledgeable hasnt played all his cards yet, I believe he knows "they" will not take this lieing down and that he will have to have some powerful protection, maybe he will be our saving grace, maybe there is a calvary we don't know about yet.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I suggest with the shift in our consciousness and the new outlets of getting the word out by people like ourselfs..

If you have the set up, make a you tube video about how you feel about the Blatent lies! And address they in a very level headed fasion.

You can go out and post signs in your local area! I have placed my Ron Paul 08 signs, have you? Look, its not going to be easy, no one said that, just a little more effort on our part here! Im 30 years old, and this is the peak of my life.

This is Americas last chance!! IMO If this election fails, and things stay the course, well may who ever you or what you belive in, my give mercy to our souls. And know this is what the people want. Nw its up to them, to make the next move..

But if you didnt atleast try.. You cant complain when the lights go out, and you lose you're rights, and live in an Empire!!

Here is their email, send in an email, let them know how you feel.

Inside USA- [email protected]

Outside USA- [email protected]

As you know, they expect Ron Paulites to be rabid, with no sense of logic.
Please use tackt when you write them. It may not matter at all, but as it seems to me, WE the PEOPLE are getting to them, its affecting something people! They dont just start blacking out a man who has new ideas, and different agendas. They are not going to just lie down and let Paul win.

Do what you do best ATS! Be brillant, and tell them how you feel, in a manner that does not feed the beast!!

[edit on 6-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

To borrow a phrase from the Saga of John Titor, I think all of you south of the border are already living in the American Federal Empire.

It is clear to me that Ron Paul needs to run apart from the Republican Party, but it is wonderful to have him on stage exposing what stooges and juveniles the other candidates are. Perhaps a combination of the Unity2008 ticket and the Reform Party apparatus would get him on the ballots in the USA.

But who am I kidding... Diebold Machines for voting already spells disaster for the American Constitutional Republic.

"Alas, poor USA, I knew her well, Horatio."

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul would totally win if he was in the media half as much as Hillary's haircut or dress color. How could you not want someone like him for president? He actually cares about America and wants to make a real difference. Sadly the cards are stacked against him.The only thing I can do is put in my vote and pray.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I wasn't even thinking about voting until I heard about Ron Paul. I went to his website, and read his posted views, and agreed with them 100%. Now my only question is, does he really believe those views, or are they just talking out of the side of his mouth so to speak?

From what I have been reading so far, and the media blight on him, I think he is more than likely the real deal. I'll be voting for him. I'm not ever watching Fox news or any other media news again. I'd rather come here and get my news.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
K agin to save from making a whole new thread, this relates to the subject matter of the video I posted in this thread.. This is the woman who is so smug, and hateful...
This is just another game Im sure, of good cop, bad cop.. But still this Lady must get paided alot of money, and is very disliked by many people..
Aside from Pollitics, IM sure this woman is pretty miserable to be around.
If anything I have a bit of empathy for her, becasue she is being abused and manipulated, almost like a slave to the NWO really..

And her Conspiracy theroies are no more crazy than the one I just laided down about her being a mind slave to the NWO....

top topics

join