posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
Well July 1st in Canada (plus Victoria Day May 21st) and July 4th in the US is coming soon, and most convenience stores and other stores will be
stocking up with fireworks.
During various survival scenarios, a flare gun could be useful. However, they can be expensive. I think that fireworks could be a cheap alternative,
whether it is just a single strobe-like air burst, or a roman candle that repeats 8-12 times. Flare guns can cost $50 - $100, while you can get small
fireworks as cheap as a pack of 6 for 99 cents, and roman candles normally work out to about a dollar each.
-Signalling during emergencies to planes, helicopters, etc.
- Good identification if your team gets lost/split up
- Can be used psychologically to keep people at bay.
- Use one as a decoy to throw off pursuers.
- Potentially use as a weapon at close-range if you had to, although not very effective or practical. (Doubles as a stun grenade if thrown into an
- Alerts everyone within miles as to your exact location, which you may not want. (Police, military, other individuals that want your supplies,
attracts the curious, etc.)
So what does everyone say? Could it be a good idea to have a roman candle or two in each of your