It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could a loving god send anyone to hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Many people on here say that god loves unconditionally, but how could a loving god send someone to be tortured for eternity?

I would never do that to anyone, does that mean that I have more compassion than god?

Also, what could god need so badly, that he would be willing to kill and torture you for it?

And if god needs something, couldn't he just create it himself, instead of hoping that we could do it?

Some people say that god doesn't send us to hell, and that we send ourselves there by not doing gods will, and that god gave us free will and won't force us to do what he wants, but if god tortures us if we don't do what he wants, how is that free will?(sounds like a dictatorship, doesn't it?)

A being like that sounds more like the devil, than a loving god.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by Alien42]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
That is the great deception, twisted cruel entities in saint costumes lying to get our loyalty in this life and the next. Hardly what you would have expected of a caring, benevolent entity.

The contradictions speack for itself, the wolf, exposed in sheep clothings.

While I do believe that there are benevolent entities who wish to help, I think that their messages may have been hijacked or distorted.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
ahh..

my religion teacher told us this many years ago

god does love us all unconditionally, but long ago an angel thought he could be better than god (don't know his name) and god sent him down, and he took many other angels with him, thus the term "fallen angel", this angel created hell and is now satin
. satin attacks god all the time trying to defeat him but never will as god is the creator of all.

in short, god does love us unconditionally we choose weather to defy god or live in eternal peace.

praise god

Roswell.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It was always my understanding that "hell" was a concept that did not exist in Judaism. So I would think that (for the sake of argument) the Jesus being would not have had a concept of hell either.

Judaism does have a concept of reward and punishment in the afterlife. However, since words we use bring to mind certain images, particularly “Heaven” and “Hell,” it is better to use the Jewish terminology which comes without the baggage.

When someone dies, the disembodied soul leaves this sensory world and enters “Gan Eden,” the spiritual Garden of Eden (a.k.a. “Heaven”). In the Garden of Eden, the soul enjoys the “rays of the Divine Presence,” a purely spiritual enjoyment dependent on the Torah learning and good deeds done while in a body. Every year on the yahrtzeit, the day of passing, the soul ascends to another level closer to G-d. This gives it tremendous pleasure.

In order to restore the level of purity the soul had possessed before entering the physical world, it must undergo a degree of refinement commensurate to the degree which the body may have indulged itself

Before entering the Garden of Eden, though, every soul must be refined, for it cannot enjoy the Divine Presence to the fullest degree with the pleasures and coarseness of our physical world still engraved on it. These would give the soul poor “reception” of divine radiance, and must be removed.

In order to restore the level of purity the soul had possessed before entering the physical world, it must undergo a degree of refinement commensurate to the degree which the body may have indulged itself. If a person sinned in this lifetime, as most of us do, then, to continue the radio analogy, we have serious interference. This means there is even more cleaning to be done. This cleaning process hurts, but is a spiritual and mental process designed not for retribution, but to allow one to truly enjoy his/her reward in Gan Eden. This cleaning process is called “Gehinom,” or, in the vernacular, “Hell.”

www.askmoses.com...

The whole modern concept of Hell is misinterpretation of ideas such as Gehenna and Sheol.

For a very interesting read:

The Biblical Doctrine of Hell

I'm not buying the Hell of the evangelicals or other Christian cults any more than I buy the existence of the tooth fairy. Sorry.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To the author of this thread. I suggest you check out David Icke's book "The Biggest Secret" This will answer most of your questions regarding god. It make a hell of a lot of sense and answers your question.

www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
in short, god does love us unconditionally we choose weather to defy god or live in eternal peace.

If god loves us unconditionally, he wouldn't torture people for not doing his will.

Originally posted by Alien42
I would never do that to anyone, does that mean that I have more compassion than god?

And if god needs something, couldn't he just create it himself, instead of hoping that we could do it?

but if god tortures us if we don't do what he wants, how is that free will?(sounds like a dictatorship, doesn't it?)

top topics

join