It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists a step closer to invisible technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
SCIENTISTS ONE MORE STEP CLOSER TO REALIZING INVISIBLE TECHNOLOGY

May 09, 2007

Source: PHYSORG.COM NEWS, May 09, 2007:

A unique computer model designed by a mathematician at the University of Liverpool has shown that it is possible to make objects, such as aeroplanes and submarines, appear invisible at close range.

Scientists have already created an ‘invisibility cloak’ made out of ‘metamaterial’ which can bend electromagnetic radiation – such as visible light, radar or microwaves – around a spherical space, making an object within this region appear invisible.

Until now, scientists could only make objects appear invisible from far away.

Scientists predict that invisibility will be possible for objects of any shape and size within the next decade.

Full story at:
www.physorg.com...

----
This technology is not related to another technology which has been developing under the name of electrochromatic panels or "daytime stealth" technology (also named "cloaking" technology). The electrochromatic panels technologies relevant to new generations of stealth aircraft ("daytime" stealth) have been tested at covert locations such as at Area 51 in the past decade or so.
---------
www.myspace.com...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Very fascinating yet expected technology. The fact that we will be able to make nearly anything invisible within 20 years just goes to show how much more likely it is that aliens are floating above our heads at all times, we just cant see them. If we can do it, they can do it better. It would be my guess that they have millions of invisible orbs that simply observe us 24/7 over our heads.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think that the ET presence is cloaked in the IR on earth and in the UV in space
I believe that angels watch too
I believe in more then 4 dimensions.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is quite a breakthrough in technology. While optical invisiability is different from the daylight stealth technology, as you pointed out, I could see it being used along with stealth technology in the concealment of aircraft.

Tim

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Notice its waves they bend and not beams or particles...
its quantum technology
very cool

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We've already done this tanks (there are pictures available on maney British newspaper websites).

Currently it's pretty tacky technology (as far as weapons go) but we can progress on it.

Thermal imaging>Invisibility

new topics

top topics

join