It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor approaching earth...hope I spelled approaching right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Text Pink

I live in Pittsburgh. In Pittsburgh, the local TV media station is KDKA. Maybe you knew this, maybe you didn't. But that's not important. What's important is that there may be a meteor crashing into earth as you read this very thread........I think.

Ok, Ok, enough being melodramatic. (melodramatic means overly dramatic, or too dramadic. An example of a melodramatic person would be a drama queen).

As I, the great BLITERSETY, was finishing dinner, I heard 2 words: meteor and earth. Now, this was not said by my parents, and it appeared to be coming from the living room. There was a TV in the living room. That particular TV was tuned in to the local news station, KDKA.

Ever since I had read somthing in a Smithsonian Institute magazine about a meteor that would come in contact with earth in a few centuries, I was interested in the subject. So I immediately rushed into the room to see what they were talking about.

Unfortunately for yours truly, however, all I heard was somthing about a probe or something that collected dust from this meteor and will be down to earth with the samples in, oh...say 2 years.

So here I am wondering if anyone has any links or information on the subject and if so, what your opinion is on it. Personally, I'm not sure what to think, but I'd be more concerned about a dull pencil point during a test in math class at Finley Middle School if the dust sampls still aren't going to arrive for another 2 years....

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitersety
Text Pink

I live in Pittsburgh. In Pittsburgh, the local TV media station is KDKA. Maybe you knew this, maybe you didn't. But that's not important. What's important is that there may be a meteor crashing into earth as you read this very thread........I think.

Ok, Ok, enough being melodramatic. (melodramatic means overly dramatic, or too dramadic. An example of a melodramatic person would be a drama queen).

As I, the great BLITERSETY, was finishing dinner, I heard 2 words: meteor and earth. Now, this was not said by my parents, and it appeared to be coming from the living room. There was a TV in the living room. That particular TV was tuned in to the local news station, KDKA.

Ever since I had read somthing in a Smithsonian Institute magazine about a meteor that would come in contact with earth in a few centuries, I was interested in the subject. So I immediately rushed into the room to see what they were talking about.

Unfortunately for yours truly, however, all I heard was somthing about a probe or something that collected dust from this meteor and will be down to earth with the samples in, oh...say 2 years.

So here I am wondering if anyone has any links or information on the subject and if so, what your opinion is on it. Personally, I'm not sure what to think, but I'd be more concerned about a dull pencil point during a test in math class at Finley Middle School if the dust sampls still aren't going to arrive for another 2 years....

Ahh... I thought the text was supposed to be pink...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
yep this probe went up to get some dust from a comet.
kinda interesting!!

heres a link fron Skynewswww.sky.com...

PROBE CATCHES COMET

NASA scientists have been toasting the success of a mission that may reveal how our solar system was formed.

The Stardust probe has begun gathering dust from the tail of the Wild 2 comet.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Meteor approaching earth...

Meteors approach and hit the earth all the time...aka "shooting star".

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
thank god the text wasnt pink, there wouldve been no way in hell I would've read your post.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Whats wrong with pink text?

Deep

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well burn in hell pink, because this board doesnt like lime green

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That hurt my eyes trying to read that!!

Think they should ban pink lol....

Brittany!! Please no using pink! lol

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We get meteorites quite often. I think you can even buy them on the net

rockman.com

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gothique
We get meteorites quite often. I think you can even buy them on the net

rockman.com

Thats true. I bought one for my wife last year as she is an expert in gemstones and hadn't got one.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry to be so off-topic, but I must just say that's the funniest title I ever saw for a thread!

And please don't ever post text in pink like that, it's torture!! Why would anyone want to do that anyway?!?!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
But seriously, I'm still not sure if I spelled approaching right...

And I threw that pink text thing in as a joke.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Blitersety]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Meteor approaching earth...

Meteors approach and hit the earth all the time...aka "shooting star".

Yes, I know this. But those are always small and almost never get news coverage, so I figured since this one got on the news, it might be just mediocerly big, so that's what I posted.

new topics

top topics

join