It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting, yet useless facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Humphery Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca

Captain Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty"

Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

The bikini bathing suit was so named because it was created the same year the atomic bomb was tested on Bikini Isalnd.

Maine produces more toothpicks than any other U.S state.

You have to pay a tax in Denmark to use the back seat of your car for passengers.

Dublin is home to the Fairy Investigation Society.

The KGB is headquartered at No. 2 Felix Dzerzhinsky Square, Moscow.

A female ferrit is known as a "jill".

It is physically impossible for a pig to look up at the sky.

Stan, the first Spanish dog ever fitted with contact lenses, was hit by a car the day after he was fitted with them.

The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infra-red and ultra-violet light.

Camel's milk does not curdle.

Porcupines masturbate (not sure if this is true since dolphins and humans are the only animals to do it for pleasure, but I guess masturbating is not doing it.)

It has been calculated that in the last 3,500 years, there have been only 230 years of peace throughout the civilized world.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa leans towards the south.

Harvey Kennedy invented the shoelace.

Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.

The only acceptable sexual position in Washington D.C. is the missionary-style position. Any other sexual position is considered illegal. (any one who lives there please tell me this is not true)

In 1904, the head of the patent office said that the office should be closed down because everything that could possibly be invented had already been invented.

In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle. (I can not figure out the reason this law was created. If any one sees the logic in this law please tell me.)

Siberian huskies lack the glands that other dogs have that give bad doggie breath.

I have a lot more useless facts, but I will save those for another time.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
The bikini bathing suit was so named because it was created the same year the atomic bomb was tested on Bikini Isalnd.

And it was.... THE BOMB!

Post more interesting, but useless facts. I'm useless, does that make me interesting?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Captain Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty"

Oh c'mon....whered you get that load of bull??

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Find me when he acctualy says it.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
hes right he never did say beam me up scotty. ive seen most of these before. im sure i love pizza is right and kirky never said it. poor kirky

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I heard it's illegal to ride an ugly horse in some states.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ive got the game balder dash and in it its got loads of american rules that are completely bizarre ill find it and ill post a few

top topics

join