It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair announces resignation as Prime Minister of Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Tony Blair, who has served so loyally as Prime Minister of Britain, has announced suddenly that he will be resigning as of June 27, about a month and a half from now.

Here you can read Blairs whole resignation speech.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now Im gonna add in my two cents to this..

Goodbye Tony boy! Get lost and dont come back! Another one of the rats abandoning the proverbial sinking ship, hopefully Bush and Co. will be the next ones to go.

I dont even think its enough. He shouldnt be allowed to just leave and disapear out of public sight, put this man on trial for the crimes hes inflicted on humanity! Him and his monarch controllers.

I wonder who is going to replace him? So far, people are saying many names, one of them being MP Michael Meacher, and hes got my vote! Meecher, for years, has been saying the government uses fear to control you, he was in an Alex Jones documentary talking about how the government uses terrorism to achieve its policies, hes the Ron Paul of Britain.

Ron Paul and Micheal Meacher! These are the type of leaders we need!!

Michael Meacher: this war on terrorism is bogus

If your in Britain, vote for Michael Meacher if indeed he wants to be Prime Minister. In America, vote for Ron Paul, the mainstream media is blacking him out, but hes the leading candidate so far all the polls show it.

Ron Paul Demolishes Other Republicans in Online Polls

Corporate Media Censor Ron Paul

Read Paul speak the Truth.

Iraq: Claim vs Reality by Rep. Ron Paul

[edit on 11-5-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Right Honerable Tony Blair is probrobly one of the best Prime minister's that this country has ever known. Too centre right for my liking, but very good all the same. Personally i don't think he had the confidence on the international stage as he did at home. This unfortunately was his achilles heel.
I remember his response to september 11th. He looked absolutely petrified. Overnight he appeared to have aged 10 years. While Mr Bush in the meantime was rearring to go, already for a ruck with someone! It seemed to me that it was exactly what he had been waiting for.
Poor old Mr Blair however was all of a sudden thrown in to the international political arena. It was'nt long after Mr Clinton had left office and from what i recall asked Blair to remain buddies with the new President. The thing is he did'nt mean literally. I mean they could hardly be called brothers or comrades, could they? Mrs Thatcher maybe? she would have loved Mr Bush. It's a pitty they were'nt in power together, she might have emmigrated and taken her useless son with her who cost the British tax payer thousands for his silly anticts around the world.
There are alot of thing's i would like to ask the British Labour party about issues at home that i don't agree with. Having said that Mr Blair's not a bad old stick, just a little misled i would say!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not bad? Are you kidding me? Please, this man is just as guilty as Bush, if not more so, and he hasn't lived up to half of his promises to this country..just like every other PM

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What Im worried about is who is going to replace him, that gordon brown gives me a very bad vibe.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This ordinarily awesome event is ruined by the fact that equally asshatty Gordon Brown will be taking over.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can't say I'm sorry to hear Blair is going, but I'm pretty certain Brown will follow in his footsteps, for however long he lasts. And then there will be Cameron, the Blair clone, waiting in the wings....

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think that deep down Mr Blair knows what happened in Iraq was absolutely and unquestionably wrong. Exasperated by the fact that the yanks were trying and succeeded to winkle Sadam out of his underground den. That's all Mr Bush went on about. He was like man obsessed (still is ) and i suspect that's all Downing Street heard morning noon and night. It's like anything, you start to believe it after a while. Mr Blair got sucked in and he know's it! At the end of the day Mr Blair has got to live with it on his conscience for the rest of his days. It would'nt hurt him to say sorry i grant you and to tell Mr Bush straight what he really thinks!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
I wonder who is going to replace him? So far, people are saying many names, one of them being MP Michael Meacher, and hes got my vote!

Hate to burst your bubble but the man doesn't stand a chance. People aren't saying 'many names', they're pretty much all saying one and that name is Gordon Brown.

Hard to say what he'll be like, but he'll certainly be different from Blair. Whether he does so in a good or a bad way... well, we'll see.

[edit on 12/5/07 by Ste2652]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Cmon guys, how often do you see someone thats been a good Politician or Corporate member resign before their time? You usually see that wether its here in the USA or over there in Europe whenever there is trouble on the Horizon or they know they have done wrong and want to get out while the going is good. Before 9/11 yes maybe he was a popular guy with a decent appearance, but 9/11 took that away. This mistaken war an all the related scandals afterwards is not going to just *poof* disappear from the pages of history.

Anyone following in his footsteps that does not take a different tack on this will also look miserable as well. Blairs biggest mistake was thinking he would come out looking like a hero by following the misleadings of Bushco. Its entirely his own fault for not doing his own homework and being a follower instead of a leader.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
With reference to LightWorker's original post. You are right Mr Blair should'nt be aloud to just go like that, but his Deputy was no angel either. He tried to do the right thing, but he ended up with a department so big he did'nt seem to know his backside from his elbow! There have been many many very bad decision's made from his office. I believe if he'd have spent more time in it thing's might have been very different! Sorry if your not British as iam referring to matters closer to home. I think thing's do have the knock on effect!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
This ordinarily awesome event is ruined by the fact that equally asshatty Gordon Brown will be taking over.

Gordies ok from what i can make out. I don't think he suffer's fools gladly! So it should be interesting. I just hope that he listens to the ordinary people more in his new government than Mr Blair did. I mean it's still a job getting ordinary people to vote! Education, education, education was the motto so i think that should incorporate teaching why it is so importent to vote, whatever your views.

top topics

join