It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Homeland Security: "You'll get a National ID and you'll Like it"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Or perhaps U.S. Americans don't care about people with mixed loyalties running the nation. After all George W. Bush does the bidding of David Rockefeller and doesn't give a fig for the U.S. American citizenry.

I think they would care if they weren't so thick-headed and arrogant. Most people don't believe to this day that G.W. is the grandson of an American Nazi, they also won't admit that we are run by satanists in the dress of christian republicans.

People really would care and they would see how everything is being pushed by evil scum... but they have thick heads and they're too arrogant to look at the truth. They just call us crazy conspiracy theorists for telling them the truth. Sad stuff.

Right now you could go anywhere on ATS and tell people that we have Israelis running the country and they'll just call you an anti-semite. This is on a CONSPIRACY FORUM. It's no wonder people are not bothered by the new ID's and don't believe anything bad could come of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Exactly true, NewWorldOver!!

I've tried talking with people about this, some in the older age range like myself either just refuse to believe that anything 'evil' could be happening in the USA, too frightened to do anything, or don't think anything could be done at this point.

I've tried talking with younger folks, and either get "NO WAY! Bring em on, I got a gun. Just let em try making me do anything I don't want to do!"... Or I get (from my own three sons may I add), "You're spending wayyyyy too much time on the internet reading that conspiracy crap."

Sigh..

I've tried writing my congressman, senator, etc.. Have gotten back either 'polite' replies, basically saying thank you, will look into this.. Or form letters, which tell me they won't be looking into it at all.

The media in the USA are being told by 'them' what to report, what to ignore, etc. While things are going on all around us, we are not being told the truth by very many in the media, but instead are being fed crap for hours/days/weeks on end that do not matter. We know more about the private life of Britney Spears than we know about what's going on in the Mid East.

The majority in the USA are blind, content to remain blind, the media helps them to remain blind.. and any of us who want the truth to be known either are not believed, or we're thought to be crazy!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gen.disaray

But do you have a bank account or a job? You won't be able to have either without the REAL ID, and there are provisions that would allow the government to switch over to the Verichip whenever they want.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do not object to a National ID. I object to the unchecked growth of national power.

When the Federal Government is no longer answerable to the States we are undone.
By all reason we can no longer be "The United States Of America".

I have come to understand in my lifetime that Abraham Lincolns actions started a cascade which if left unchecked will surely undo all our freedoms.

States rights was what the civil war was fought over. I am not in favor of civil war or revolution. They are the second worst nightmare of anyone.
A federal government with unrestricted power is the first.

Understand that with the release of the memristor into the public knowledge domain, you will be adding and carrying a little piece of a distributed brain in every electronic device. Hardware neurons, a litteral piece of electronic brain. Not calculator, not computer, brain.

You will be voluntarily creating a universal big brother which will guide you through your life in subtle ways.
The national ID is merely for the convenience of human authorities.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you don't want the national ID than don't get one. If everyone in America, and I know this impossible, but if everyone in America said screw you and your ID there really isn't much they could do.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
If you don't want the national ID than don't get one. If everyone in America, and I know this impossible, but if everyone in America said screw you and your ID there really isn't much they could do.

That will never happen the rejection rate will be no more then 5% and thats being generous. The media and govt hype the ID to protect our borders from illegal immigrants, terrorists, criminals etc. But they never mention the faults like the breaches in privacy and constitutional rights.

As for a national ID being a good idea we already have at least one. This being the social security card/number, you need this number to do anything from getting a job, flying a plane, opening a bank accnt, applying for loan/mortgage, attending college the list goes on and on. Does that card help protect our borders against terrorists, illegal aliens and other forms of crime? Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
In what is one of the biggest stories of 2007, DHS is going to make states implement National ID by 2008.
[edit on 2007/5/17 by Hellmutt]

You mean they don't already!

Seems to me every time I turn around some one want my Social Security Number. It is used by every one in this country to make sure that you are who you say you are.

The bank
Your employer
The military- it's your military ID number.
The store where you shop - for store specific credit card.
Dept of safety - check this box if you do not want your SSN on your license

The list is just endless

Why do we need National ID? We already have it!

Think about it how many times have you sat down it fill out some form
and filled out the nine little blocks marked SSN with out even thinking about
it. HHHHHMMMMMM be truthful now.

Wing-Nut

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
how many national ID's does it take...? is the question....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As a follow up
I was just wondering what the status of this whole national ID program
it now being 2010
I dont have a chip in my arm and I dont have a chip in my wallet.
so mission fail?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lol yeah it is kind of funny that this was years ago and we are looking back now.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Agreed..it has begun. There is a way to nullify the RFID tag on the chip in the card...its all gonna come to pass so circumventions ....Hmm lets see...

4) The best approach? Hammer time. Hitting the chip with a blunt, hard object should disable it. A nonworking RFID doesn’t invalidate the passport, so you can still use it.

DISCLAIMER: This is a purely theoretical scenario so kids, dont try this at home....

5) Hand the passport to a parrot . To them that chip is like a seed and they will tear it out of the book and by the time they figure out that seed-like chip isn't a seed and drop it that chip will never work again.
Scotch tape what is left back in the passport to maintain innocence and if they accuse you tell them that the bird is a hardened criminal. He spent most of his life behind bars.

Pet/child* damage is not a terrorist act.

Hand the passport to a toddler and see what they can do. You never know.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join