It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Homeland Security: "You'll get a National ID and you'll Like it"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In what is one of the biggest stories of 2007, DHS is going to make states implement National ID by 2008.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), citing concerns about Americans' privacy, signaled yesterday that he will push to repeal a provision of a 2005 law aimed at creating new government standards for driver's licenses.

Leahy, who has co-sponsored bipartisan legislation to repeal the provision, spoke out as the debate intensified over the Real ID Act, which requires states to create new tamper-proof driver's licenses in line with rules recently issued by the Department of Homeland Security. States must begin to comply by May 2008 but can request more time. After 2013, people whose IDs do not meet those standards will not be allowed to board planes or enter federal buildings.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Mod edit: title

[edit on 2007/5/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has replied to this yet.

Great thread

Personally i'm in favour of a national ID.From immigration to health care to law enforcement,all would benefit from a national ID.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This national ID is planned to fail, in order to bring about the only solution remaining...the Verichip. This is just the next step in the planned chipping every us citizen.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST THAT A THREAD BE FLAGGED

[edit on 12-5-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll flag this. People need to understand that rfid technology can be a great tool in the right hands, but a horrible weapon in the wrong hands. As such, do you really want to take the chance the people that force this upon you are doing for the right purpose?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm flagging this also.This would be another nail in the "freedom coffin".Its a damn shame America is going down the tubes.A damn shame.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
12 flags and 6 replies... hmm. Anyone noticing anything here?

I've said it from day one, "I will not take the National ID."

DHS and President Bush can stick it where the sun don't shine!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I smell the NWO at work

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't know about the U.S or any of it's States' licences, but here in Australia we have Holographic licences, in New South Wales anyway.

You can't fake that.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest
I smell the NWO at work

THE NWO is already at work. They're already in control, haven't you heard? Anyways... back on topic, this is the NWO implimenting their policy and they are allowing a gradual release of information. First they tested Britain now they are doing us.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Still about a handful who posted here not very high hopes here. It really worries me that people try to speak out and tell others but their words fall on deaf ears. Please wake up before its too late.

And I will not take a National ID either. So take that Mr. Bush.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

After 2013, people whose IDs do not meet those standards will not be allowed to board planes or enter federal buildings.

Looks like by 2013 if your not assimilated into the federal system your probably a [size=+2]terrorist. Homeland Security wants this!!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 11-5-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
I can't believe no one has replied to this yet.

Great thread

Personally i'm in favour of a national ID.From immigration to health care to law enforcement,all would benefit from a national ID.

Funny thing "Freespeaker". Of the few posts here you are the only one for this Facist tactic (Ihre Papieren Bitte!!) Gotta tell ya, your a relatively new member and I instinctively smell a rat.

But I'll bite. You tell us why it's such a great idea. Be sure to include why you think it wouldn't be abused by the Powers That Be.

The most that is needed is a holographic card to stop illegal immigration.

By the way readers. Don't forget that the NWO stands a good chance of failing. Think positive. Visualize them in prision. Seriously.

apc

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Could someone please lay out a clear outline of why a national ID is a bad thing?

I'm fairly indifferent on the matter, so if someone can provide me with the evidence needed to convince me that a national ID is harmful, I welcome it. But please, leave out "It's the NWO!!" and "It's so the evil men can track your every movement!" Lets shoot for some rational arguments here. I'm open.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't understand how you people talk about this secret NWO government like it is just fact and common knowledge or something. The Department of Homeland Security wants to have national ID cards, so you guys then automatically assume it is some secret world government that is really behind the idea?

There isn't even any real proof of an NWO or an Illuminati or whatever you guys want to call it. The only people who will tell you there is proof are conspiracy theorists. Do you really believe that if there was enough proof and evidence of these "secret governments" that millions of non-conspiracy theorists wouldn't also be outraged and talking about it?

Any time someone is asked to officialy PROVE that there is some kind of secret shadow government that is "really pulling the strings," they never can. And I don't mean give your little theories backed up by a few weblinks to conspiracy-related websites. I'm talking 100% proof. Like who makes up these governments? If they are real where are the member lists? What are the names and positions of every single person in these governments?

There is no such thing, you guys are just paranoid...

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Personally I'm all for a national drivers license, so a single ID card for anywhere in the country,
especially if it can be used as a drivers license is a good thing to me.

I think that the conditions being implemented are a bit harsh, and I dislike that it's the DHS
pushing it, but you can't have your cake and eat it to.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Agreed..it has begun. There is a way to nullify the RFID tag on the chip in the card...its all gonna come to pass so circumventions ....Hmm lets see...

All passports (and National Id Cards N.I.C's) issued by the US State Department after January 1 will have always-on radio frequency identification chips, making it easy for officials – and hackers – to grab your personal stats. Getting paranoid about strangers slurping up your identity? Here’s what you can do about it. But be careful – tampering with a passport is punishable by 25 years in prison. Not to mention the “special” customs search, with rubber gloves. Bon voyage!

1) RFID-tagged passports have a distinctive logo on the front cover; the chip is embedded in the back.

2) Sorry, “accidentally” leaving your passport in the jeans you just put in the washer won’t work. You’re more likely to ruin the passport itself than the chip.

3) Forget about nuking it in the microwave – the chip could burst into flames, leaving telltale scorch marks. Besides, have you ever smelled burnt passport?

4) The best approach? Hammer time. Hitting the chip with a blunt, hard object should disable it. A nonworking RFID doesn’t invalidate the passport, so you can still use it.

DISCLAIMER: This is a purely theoretical scenario so kids, dont try this at home....

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

I would like to know exactly how this is supposed to curb or stop illegal immigration anyway. In my opinion, this is nothing but an excuse to implement a tracking device upon the citizenry of this country. If the current cards do nothing to stop someone from being here illegally, then making this card certainly will not help the situation any. Just recently, there was a big protest by the illegal immigrants, and the INS was aware of it yet refused to arrest anyone unless they caused a problem. With this is mind, if they are not enforcing existing immigration laws, then why should they be allowed to make any additional laws, which will only apply to the legal citizenry anyway. Also hospitals and doctors are not allowed to turn away a person who is in grave need of medical attention, no matter if they have the proper ID and insurance, or not, so this card will not do any of the things that the supporters claim. It’s a tracking ID for the average Joe citizen, plain and simple.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The ``national`` ID is a North American Union ID. This is simple. You're ``illegal immigrants`` will soon get amnesty... then it will be over. National ID with RFID implemented so they can trace you everywhere, also, it will not change that illegal immigrants can get bank account without IDs or go to jail when they commit crimes.

It's again a growing of the state which is BAD. And all of you government lovers, go to China, Russia or North Korea, you'll like that.

And to have it or lose some rights, it's DISGUSTING. It's SUBMIT OR BE ENSLAVED. This is TYRANNY.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join