It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Weeks later..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is anyone Interested in Going to see it?

I'm required by law, I thinks its a federal one that I personally must go and see all movies involving zombies. I hope it rocks, the showings not until 1:55. That's the earliest thanks to SpiderMan having five different screens. I hope its at least as good as 28 Days Later. I really enjoy a good zombie movie. Its expecially terrifing with the sprinter zombies.

The premise behind the last one is one of the greatest opening in the history of scary movies. I personally was working on one where the main character awoke in a hospital, with no one around. Now I had to change that part. But waking up hooked to machines, in a hospital that has people, electricity, etc, was a freaken awesome way to open. That alone sent me to the first one let alone the whole Federal law requirements I have.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can't wait... not sure if I can go today, but will be seeing it as soon as I can...

28 Days Later was just on TV last night... watched a little of it...

great flick and I'm betting 28 Weeks is as good.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just saw it tonight, it's absolutely fantastic! The opening especially is...well...I wont spoil it.

It's better than the original, although I never thought much of the original anyway. After a stunning opening it quickly went downhil once they got to that military complex.

Originally posted by Royal76
I'm required by law, I thinks its a federal one that I personally must go and see all movies involving zombies.

Sorry to be anal about this but they're not zombies.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I can't wait!
I am heading back home to Aus in a few days so I'll have to wait I guess (they usually open later than US :N: ) but I'll be one of the first up :

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Went to see 28 Weeks Later on the day it was released and really was quite impressed. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first movie, and made a refreshing change in that a sequel was not only equal to, but better than its predocessor.

And like John Nada said, they're not zombies. -_~

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Quite true ole boy

Bad show on my part, They are the "Souless Sprinting", well sprinting 9.5, 100yards. What's truely scare about this over normal zombie movies: (The Series I mean)

A. Everybody who turns, turns in seconds. Your best buddy, wive of 25 years, son, anyone can turn in a second and chase you to ends of the earth trying to eat you. Just keep this "disease" out of Kenya please, they are way too famous for their long distance sprinters already.

B. Everybody turns into Reggie Bush's speed, and crazy moves.

C. I don't want to give away anything but the whole family thats the stars of part two. Their part in this series is quite scary.

D. The begining of the first one "28 days later", was the best way any scary, zombie, sci-fi, etc, has ever started. Waking up from a comma hooked up to all the stuff in an empty hospital was a awesome way to start. I love how the main character started off totally in the dark. I personally was working on a novel that started off similiar, but I still haven't come up with a way that is similiar but not the same, and works for me.

The next one:

They shouls skip France all together, and go for either Australia, or the US. Budget in Australia would be cheaper with all the vastness of it all. I think it would be cool to mix in some of the changed versus a croc, and see who's crazier, etc.

The US would be a big budget one with New York being destroyed from a first person's point of view. Can seriously amagine millions of people all being turned on the subways.

SR

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's a great movie but you can really tell it's benefitted from the bigger budget i.e. the chopper and naplam scenes for those that have seen it the story dynamic is done very well especially the ending when you think ohh shiz France!!!!!! Blantely left it open for another sequel making this a 28 trigoloy it'll probably be called 28 months or something.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I saw it last night and enjoyed it greatly. It's about as good as a sequal can get, certainlly the set pieces and production values were better than the original. I've got to say though that the original has the edge when it comes to pure claustraphobic creepiness and edge of the seat unease.

Both films though have that terrifying premise working for them that lifts it above other zombie outbreak films. It's just the right side of possible to keep you from fully dismissing it as unbelievable nonsense. A rabies like, highly contagious virus that turns people into homicidal maniacs or the dead rising to eat the living, what's more in the realms of possibility.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What's funny

Wasn't he the crazy guy who got the shaft in Trainspotting. He looks like him, he also looks like he is raging to find his money.

PS I really enjoyed watching Paris get it.

Part 3 28 months later

Survivors of the plague that has destroyed much of Europe have gathered in Sydney. Much like the prison ships that once populated it in the past. Australia has quaranteened these survivors. They have no where else to go to since Europe was eventually nuked into a waste land by the impatient American's. The survivors being held in camps all over the coast of Sydney will soon be set free.

In the camp after a physical one of the doctors notes the strange occurance of a small boy with one brown eye, and one blue. Thinks nothing of it and moves on. Until his blood proves a problem and he is immediately moved to special quaranteen. He kisses he's sister good bye. No one notices the girl's now blood shot eyes.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Danny Boyle who made the original says there will be a sequel but no plots or storylines have been discussed yet.

That ending was the one bit that really surprised me...when the infected ran out of the subway and there was the Eiffel Tower.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have seen clips of the first one, and I was thinking of seeing the second one, and yes they are not zoombies. They are still considered human, cause a cure could be found.

Lately however when I want to see zoombies, or something far more scary, I just look out my window, or walk down the street, and I see the zoombie snitches, mindlessly snitching and spying for the state.

I am like the person in the first one. Woke up and found out that my whole city had been taken over by some horrible zoombie snitch plauge, most of my city has been affected and it's still spreading, I don't know if they can sprint like the ones in 28 days later, and though I have not seen them physically devour flesh, I have seen and heard that they do psychologically destroy people, and they are going after everyone that's not yet a zoombie snitch like them.

So for me, horror movies are just a little bit bland. Why go for movie zoombie when I can just watch the real life snitch zoombies, who are far more scary to look at and watch. On the other hand, with the zoombie movies there are things you can do in those movies, that you just can't do with real life zoombies.

Maybe I will catch the movie after all. Maybe the infected zoombie like humans will devour the military guys this time, or maybe they will even find a cure. Wouldn't that be nice, a happy ended.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Harassment101]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Royal ,just seen it-it is indeed a great movie-the first 10 minutes of the film is absolute classic filmaking (although the 'helicopter decapitating zombie' scene is good too!)
Ceers Karl

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Royal ,just seen it-it is indeed a great movie-the first 10 minutes of the film is absolute classic filmaking (although the 'helicopter decapitating zombie' scene is good too!)
Ceers Karl

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah the Helicopter scene was awesome

I was worried it would crash. Gives a new meaning to the phrase, "Make a hole people and make it wide".

SR

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I thought the sniper dude was going to be safe especially when he says to the woman in the car 'meet you there' and then
it's like damnnnnn didn't see that coming. Especially after all the heroic bits during the outbreak.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
28 weeks later is an amazing film...and i knew that robert carlyle would be responsible for the destruction of the human race...oh and the night vision scene was also very good.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I honestly expected

The pilot, the guy who used to play Micheal on Lost. To try and kill the kids, instead of doing the "right thing", even though he accidentally probably killed the human race

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I really loved this movie. It wasn't as good as the first. You are right about the hospital room opening. But the frantic pace these creatures of "Rage" keep you heart racing the whole movie.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I eagerly anticipated the release of 28 weeks later and wasnt dissapointed!

I loved 28 days later so much that i bought the soundtrack.

and i love 28 weeks later that i am going to get the graphic novel 28 day's the aftermath.

I cant wait for the next installment, and i hope they do a novelization of the whole story!

The story borrows heavily from John Wyndham's DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS which is sited as an influence in the dvd commentary of 28 days later.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I bought the graphic novel too, I'm also hoping for a novelisation of the whole franchise at some point. I still think it's one of THE key horror films of the decade.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join